They said we could transfer licenses.

Discus and support They said we could transfer licenses. in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; My son started playing gta on my xbox. Because his profile did not have gold and i was not prepared to pay for a second subscription, he used my... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Stupidmonkey103, Feb 23, 2020.

1. They said we could transfer licenses.

My son started playing gta on my xbox. Because his profile did not have gold and i was not prepared to pay for a second subscription, he used my account. Jump forward a few years, he has his own xbox now and i started a new account. Both my old account
    and my new account have gold. But if he is playing gta or another of his games, then i can't play skyrim or morrowind because they are tied to my old profile. I just need to transfer the license to my new profile so i may continue to enjoy my games. But apparently
    that is not an option. All the forums say just follow these steps to download the game. I have the game, i just dont want to pay another $40 so i can play while another copy i already paid for will never be played again. I guess this means i go back to physical
    media. At least then i can do something with a game when I'm done with it. Or i can loan it out to a friend. Or trade it at a 99%loss to a game store.

:)

Stupidmonkey103, Feb 23, 2020
  2. Koods Win User

They've never said as far as I'm aware that licenses can be transferred, this is one of the major drawbacks to a digital product, at this point in time it's not possible to do so. It's not necessarily Xbox's problem, they aren't the licensee, merely the
    place you buy & play the product, it's up to publishers & developers to enable that but the problem is it would be open to a degree of misuse which is why I'd guess it's not allowed. One workaround would be to have it set up that your "old" account signs
    into your xbox and sets it as the home Xbox, then many things can be shared legitimately between the accounts on the Xbox.
  3. StuartATrueRed Win User

Licenses have never been able to be transferred between profiles. You have only been able to transfer licenses from one console to another. This has been the case since the Xbox 360 days. Now with the Xbox One, you just need to decide which console to
    share the games on and use the account that has the games and set the console as the Home Xbox. That way anyone can play those games without the need of the profile to be logged in on Xbox Live. More info on the Home Xbox setting can be found here

https://beta.support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/console/my-home-xbox
  4. DarthWolverine7 Win User

error code 8007045D/downloadable content

I thought we could only transfer licenses once every four months. If that is the case, I transferred my licenses in December after I purchased a larger hard drive.
  5. Jacyintha Win User

Digital Rights Management

You could also manually move some pieces at a time using a usb instead of the transfer kit. But as Civiks said, to use the maps and such on a new xbox you have to do a license transfer.
  6. Smwutches Win User

help me please

You can't lose your account for doing a license transfer.

A license transfer doesn't do anything bad. Like I said above, it just transfer your content licenses to the console you did the license transfer on. If he did the license transfer on the same console you use anyway, then it won't do anything.
Thema:

1. They said we could transfer licenses. - Similar Threads - said transfer licenses

2. Purchased a game said I didn't Own It uninstalled it and now it won't let me reinstall

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Purchased a game said I didn't Own It uninstalled it and now it won't let me reinstall: I purchased cities skylines after it was done on Game Pass. Now when I go to play it, it tells me that I do not own the game. I uninstalled it and now when I go to reinstall I have to repurchase...
  3. How do I appeal an incorrect refund denial? They said I used a product, and I had not!

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I appeal an incorrect refund denial? They said I used a product, and I had not!: I'm really upset about this one, I'm not particularly used to buying things online and just wanted to do something nice for my kids during this lockdown. So I purchased 3000 rocket league credits....
  4. My xbox live saids it will run out 1 month early

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox live saids it will run out 1 month early: I purchased a pre paid card which is for Xbox live gold only on the 13th of march which is 3 months and i entered the code for it before my Xbox game pass ultimate ran out (about 6 days before it...
  5. So years ago i went to renew my XBL and it said that my account didnt exist

in XBoX on Consoles
    So years ago i went to renew my XBL and it said that my account didnt exist: So as stated above i had to make a new email and start from square one. i lost a GT with 120k gamer score. Ive built it back up so its whatever at this point but my issue is my GT is linked to an...
  6. Forza Horizon 4 said "Your xbox gamertag has been banned" but i will unbaned today on 15...

in XBoX on Windows
    Forza Horizon 4 said "Your xbox gamertag has been banned" but i will unbaned today on 15...: Why i can't join multiplayer on Forza Horizon 4 it still said "Your xbox gamertag has been banned" but i will unbaned today on 15 feb 2020 but now I can't join multiplayer why? This picture is on...
  7. Why do I get suspended and not the other person that said profanity word

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why do I get suspended and not the other person that said profanity word: I keep getting messege from this guys and i keep on report him for saying a completed a profanity word and i get report for saying that but they dont? d69f9c7c-7570-4e36-8559-d8995ab515ef
  8. my identy has been stolen on xbox and support said report it here to be closed ShuanElworth

in XboX Insiders
    my identy has been stolen on xbox and support said report it here to be closed ShuanElworth: my name is Shaun E someone stole my account info cause my name never shred r photo the xbox support said go here they will handle it plus police are already involed for identy theft. ShuanElworth...
  9. Had a gold game on a different account, tried playing it on my account and it said i didnt...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Had a gold game on a different account, tried playing it on my account and it said i didnt...: The game was friday the 13th 532e2c8f-b9a0-4f32-8138-38ce5e4f1282
  10. I transfered my points and they never came up, it said I had to wait another 5 days.

in XBoX Rewards
    I transfered my points and they never came up, it said I had to wait another 5 days.: Well 5 days ago I was told about my Xbox reward points. So I checked the website and I had 3950 I believe. I clicked deposit and it said to wait until today. So I waited until today around this...