Thinking about buying a used Xbox one S or X used from Letgo or OfferUp

Discus and support Thinking about buying a used Xbox one S or X used from Letgo or OfferUp in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I’m looking to buy a Xbox one X or an Xbox one S. After I gave my kid my Xbox one for his birthday I’m left without a system. I’m looking online and... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by JoshR81, Sep 3, 2019.

1. JoshR81
    JoshR81 Guest

I’m looking to buy a Xbox one X or an Xbox one S. After I gave my kid my Xbox one for his birthday I’m left without a system. I’m looking online and these things are crazy expensive. So I started looking at other sites such as let go and offer up for
    some used systems. So my big question is there a way to check if the system has been stolen by using the serial number on the Xbox?

:)

JoshR81, Sep 3, 2019
  2. JoshR81 Win User

I have been told there are ways to have microsoft blacklist an xbox if yours has been stolen though. Hmmm. Im not trying to get burned on 250$ ya know, but thanks for your info.
  3. ArminatorX Win User

Indeed, Microsoft has means to blacklist consoles, be it stolen or if the console violated the Xbox Live Terms of Use.

So buying used consoles is always a "Buyer Beware" kind of thing, as a lot of stores just check if a console turns on and shows a picture on a TV, but they don't check if the console has been blacklisted.

If possible, find an offer in your vicinity, and personally pick up the console. Have the seller show that the console works and is able to connect online.

If all works well, you can buy the console.

Don't buy used consoles that are sent via mail from someone far away through internet auction sites or selling portals.
  4. StuartATrueRed Win User

No, there is no way to check to see if the console has been stolen or not.
  5. Paul1708 Win User

Hey there

There isntaway too tell. Too be honest if you have that concern in order too ask that question too start with then there is something fishy.

Always buy from known repatable sources where you have the cover if things go wrong
  6. Internet Expert Win User

I Took the risk of buying a Xbox one s that wasn't describes has he said.

This is a huge risk when buying used items off of Craigslist, OfferUp, LetGo, and etc. Try your best in pressing for a refund from the seller. If he refuses to keep in contact, use OfferUp's report system against that guy for selling you a defective item
    (so they'll at least ban his account).

Those 12 digital games are likely tied to his gamertag. If he changes the password to his account, you will lose access to those games, so it will be a matter of time.

No guarantees on a free repair, but register the console's serial number to your account and see what happens when you attempt to schedule a repair:
    https://devicesupport.microsoft.com
Thema:

1. Thinking about buying a used Xbox one S or X used from Letgo or OfferUp - Similar Threads - Thinking buying used

2. hello i had 100000 points and i just login to go buy i missing point i think i got hack plz ...

in XBoX Rewards
    hello i had 100000 points and i just login to go buy i missing point i think i got hack plz ...: help me plz refund me my 100000 points 40a4fca6-5784-4ab0-a2f8-a2ce8e7fac24
  3. If you are thinking about this game DO NOT BUY IT.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    If you are thinking about this game DO NOT BUY IT.: Everything that was good about this game was ruined with the patch now it is unplayable. DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY ON THIS RUINED GAME. ea fails again f06dcd3f-7b04-4b62-8d0b-b3dff5a43b0c
  4. I am thinking of buying this...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I am thinking of buying this...: Would you consider this a full game? If so, about how many hours would I get out of this game without it being over repetitive? 39b69a37-d87c-4634-a77c-22fe2cbf65b7
  5. Trying to buy game that xbox thinks I own.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Trying to buy game that xbox thinks I own.: I'm trying to buy The shadows of Mordor GoTY Edition. Every time I try to buy it says I already own. I own the original game but I deleted it and it still won't let me buy. Is it because it's free...
  6. Xbox what did I do to get banned plz explain because I think I'm going to buy a PS4 if this ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox what did I do to get banned plz explain because I think I'm going to buy a PS4 if this ...: got to love when u get banned for absolutely nothing it always happens when my brother plays 6e8b5be8-3eb5-4698-ab2d-fba8d4c9f602
  7. Xbox One Deal at Best Buy now! What do you think?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One Deal at Best Buy now! What do you think?: So I'm struggling a bit if I should get my 8 year old son, for Christmas, a Xbox 360 for under $200 or I see a Xbox One Lego movie edition bundle for $350+ a free $50 gift card + a free $60.00...
  8. Thinking of buying an Xbox One but not sure

in XBoX on Consoles
    Thinking of buying an Xbox One but not sure: I have been thinking of buying an Xbox One second hand from CEX. I like the look of Sunset Overdrive & may want to give Ryse (not the best game by all accounts but looks ok to me) and Dead Rising...
  9. Thinking about buying a used Xbox 360 from Ebay

in XBoX on Consoles
    Thinking about buying a used Xbox 360 from Ebay: A while back my current 360 S stopped reading discs. I was going to get it repaired for the $80 price but I figured I could buy a used or refurbished 360 from ebay for the same price. Of course...
  10. Thinking about buying an Xbox One. Should I?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Thinking about buying an Xbox One. Should I?: @Randver - I've heard Bayonetta 2 is supposed to be a good one. I may have to check that one out soon. :) 54dbe934-beb3-4aa6-8d18-10dd2bee142d