"This drive has apps from another device... to use this drive the other apps must be...

Discus and support "This drive has apps from another device... to use this drive the other apps must be... in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I wanna first start by saying, why Microsoft, why is it so complicated to change my install location, not everyone uses one drive many people use one... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by ニンテンドウ64, Oct 13, 2019.

1. "This drive has apps from another device... to use this drive the other apps must be...

I wanna first start by saying, why Microsoft, why is it so complicated to change my install location, not everyone uses one drive many people use one drive to boot off of and another for games, with steam I can easily change my install folders without deleting
    anything.

So I just got game pass for PC and I'm trying to install Deadrising 4, I do not have enough space on my C drive so I want to use my F drive which has over 1TB on it. However, the only way to do this is by changing your default app install location for your
    entire computer (Which is super stupid). When I tried to do this I got this message

"Delete other apps?"

"This drive has apps from another device. To use this drive, the other apps must first be deleted."

What is it going to delete? and why does it need to delete anything?? The message is very general, and I have no idea what it means by apps, Microsoft apps, all my games, or will it basically just format the drive? I cannot back up the drive cause there
    are too many files on it, and I just need to know what it's going to delete or if there is a way to bypass it.

Also.... did I mention the way Microsoft is doing this is stupid?

:)

ニンテンドウ64, Oct 13, 2019
  2. Obsessive Power Win User

Is it possible to change the downloads location for games without the need to delete all the other apps on that drive.

Hi,

There must still be some residual files on their from the previous Windows 8 OS which are being picked up as Apps. But these Apps are Windows Store apps, not other programs or games on games your PC. Steam games will not be affected.

When it says 'This drive has apps from another device' This is what it means. It will not be able, or indeed, have permission to delete anything from that drive other than old Windows Store Apps.

Which means everything else would be safe.
  3. Obsessive Power Win User

USB drive, external drive didn't work with Xbox one.

You can already use USB Flash drives and hard drives on Xbox One to view videos, music and pictures. To view these files you first need to download the Media Player Preview App from the Xbox One Marketplace. Connect your device and load the app.

To use an external hard drive for Xbox One storage, the device itself must be at least 256GB and USB 3.0. Which means the external storage for Xbox One data must be a hard drive, USB Flash drives are not supported for Xbox One storage.
  4. Primetime4 Win User

External hard drive won't install games

Did you format the hdd with the console?

For an external storage drive to save games and apps from Xbox One, it must meet the following requirements:

• It uses a USB 3.0 connection. If you’re using a USB hub, the hub must also be USB 3.0 or later.
    • It has 128 GB or larger storage capacity.
    • It has a partition. Typically, drives come with a preformatted partition. For more info about partitioning an external hard drive, refer to the manufacturer’s instructions.
    • No more than three storage devices are connected to the console at the same time.

Devices that don’t meet these requirements will be treated as media storage, such as for music or video.
    Thanks for the replies.

I formatted the drive multiple times once connected to the xbox. It says for games and apps. Apps can download andbtransfer fine, but games wont wnd i get the installation cancelled error.
  5. ChrisTitus Win User

Xbox Game Pass, Game App Removal

Hi Vinny,

I'm not sure which app you're suggest I move since it's obscured by the pop up in your image. I assume you meant moving the Xbox app. If that's what you meant then unfortunately that doesn't work either. It gives me the same error, saying "This Drive has apps
    from another device" and says the apps must be removed first.

Thanks for the suggestion though, for some reason I didn't think to do that.
  6. H3PA80R Win User

External hard drive won't install games

Did you format the hdd with the console?

For an external storage drive to save games and apps from Xbox One, it must meet the following requirements:

• It uses a USB 3.0 connection. If you’re using a USB hub, the hub must also be USB 3.0 or later.
    • It has 128 GB or larger storage capacity.
    • It has a partition. Typically, drives come with a preformatted partition. For more info about partitioning an external hard drive, refer to the manufacturer’s instructions.
    • No more than three storage devices are connected to the console at the same time.

Devices that don’t meet these requirements will be treated as media storage, such as for music or video.
Thema:

"This drive has apps from another device... to use this drive the other apps must be...

1. "This drive has apps from another device... to use this drive the other apps must be... - Similar Threads - drive has apps

2. Xbox Game Pass for PC app has disappeared from my hard drive

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Game Pass for PC app has disappeared from my hard drive: I get an error that states /program files/windowsapp/Gameapp (can't remember exact error message) can't be found. Basically, the game app that's stored in the locked windowsapp folder seems to no...
  3. External hard drive has no storage and games anymore

in XBoX Games and Apps
    External hard drive has no storage and games anymore: Hi all, I have my external hard drive for a few months now and everything worked just fine. Yesterday i turned my xbox one off and on and the games on the hard drive as well as the space ( 0GB...
  4. My hard drive has suddenly stopped working but is still detected on my console

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My hard drive has suddenly stopped working but is still detected on my console: I recently purchased a seagate 1TB external hard drive. I set it up and formatted it to my xbox and it was working well but it had stopped working. The name of the hard drive was no longer shown...
  5. Seagate external drive (2TB) has stopped working.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Seagate external drive (2TB) has stopped working.: my 2TB Seagate external drive has stopped working, for some odd reason. i'd like to hear solutions that are known to work. 886eebf0-b48f-4129-8084-c277096342b3
  6. My Xbox One has just randomly stopped detecting External Hard Drives

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox One has just randomly stopped detecting External Hard Drives: About a year ago, I brought a Seagate 1tb External Hard Drive that has been working for over a year. But all of a sudden it has just stopped working i have tried: 1: Rebooting my Console 2:...
  7. after last update internal hard drive has problems

in XBoX on Consoles
    after last update internal hard drive has problems: On internal hard drive rock band 4 ( a game) is no longer displayed. If ever after hours first. Nevertheless, RockBand does not start anymore. In some cases, the first screen with "loading" takes...
  8. my hard drive has stopped working. Help.

in XBoX on Consoles
    my hard drive has stopped working. Help.: I have a Seagrave 2 TB external hard drive (https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00UNA1O3Y/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1), it has worked perfectly up until recently. I have tried all...
  9. External Hard Drive has died, trying to install disc to Internal HDD but no luck...

in XBoX on Consoles
    External Hard Drive has died, trying to install disc to Internal HDD but no luck...: Hi, I have a 500GB internal HDD on my xbox one and a 1TB external HDD which I install a lot of games on. My external HDD has failed and I believe I'll need to get a new one. In the meantime, I...
  10. Need Help, External hard drive has stopped working.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Need Help, External hard drive has stopped working.: I have a 2Tb Seagate hard drive that I've been using on my Xbox One for over a year. The only problem I've every had is if I ever unplugged it, I sometimes have to mess about with the cable and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. this drive has apps from another device