This may be confusing but it's about checking storage

Discus and support This may be confusing but it's about checking storage in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I have two games but I mainly play one every time which I own them. Sometimes when I finish playing, so would check how much data I've stored. What's... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by G'AngeloRene, Sep 22, 2019.

1. G'AngeloRene
    G'AngeloRene Guest

I have two games but I mainly play one every time which I own them. Sometimes when I finish playing, so would check how much data I've stored.

What's confusing is if I go to Manage Games and click on one to see my Saved Data and reserved but I see that it rose up to for example 130 MB but my reserved space is 4GB but my other game I save would carry 109. something MBs, my question is can saved
    game data capacities like these make my Internal HDD full or it has no impact on my console?

P.S. I had done something to lower my saved data for the one game I normally play by stupidly choosing Clear local saves to see what it could do. I was afraid choosing that would remove all of my creations and settings I come up with. Luckily, one game
    data still exist. But this morning, I opened up my second game and it couldn't sync properly. I've done 3 attempts to get my saves back for the other game and thank God I got them all back to normal.

But yes, the question is when checking your game data on Manage Games, do more than 100 MBs take up your Internal HDD or it doesn't affect it? I have two games and several apps installed. Have about 264 GBs, 27% used so just wondering if I'm good where
    I'm at? Thanks, just needed help so I won't experience this again.

:)

G'AngeloRene, Sep 22, 2019
  2. G'AngeloRene Win User

Great cause I play one game every often and then the other few times. From there to there, I create characters, balance gameplay on settings, change music, etc. I thought doing all these things mentioned could take up data. I had to delete some characters
    I made or downloaded, pictures I uploaded or reset settings to default cause I thought that's what cause my data to increase lol. I did all of that just for that but did it for nothing. Thanks for the help.
  3. DrifterX22 Win User

if you are only at 27% used space then you are good, no need to worry. The more individual saves you create the more space they can take. Even if you use the same save slot it can grow a bit due to you getting further in the game. How much a space a
    game save is up to the developer and what they are choosing to save to maintain your progress.
  4. XBF Brad A Win User

Hi G'Angelo,

Thanks for letting us know this helped. I will go ahead and lock this thread as it has been resolved. Please feel free to come back to the forums if you have any other issues, questions, or just want to create a discussion to talk to fellow gamers.

Thanks,

Brad
  5. AngelObullets Win User

Hi there GAngeloRene

I think you are meaning xbox 360. The storage side of things will notify you and you can remove games that take to much space when needed. Each game does make it's own size of space for there saved game data this is made when you first load up the game.
  6. G'AngeloRene Win User

I have XBOX One X. That's what I'm asking about.
Thema:

1. This may be confusing but it's about checking storage - Similar Threads - may confusing checking

2. May I request a franchise that is an classic exclusive for compatibility?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    May I request a franchise that is an classic exclusive for compatibility?: Okay, so I know you have the Anniversary version of Halo 2, but what about the people that just have the OG Halo 2 and do not have so much money just to get another Halo game? Can you please add...
  3. Xbox elite II controller buttons not working. May I talk to a human been?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox elite II controller buttons not working. May I talk to a human been?: I purchased the controller at late december of 2019. But I did not got lot of time to use it at first because fo the pandemic (I live abord, mainland China). Recently when I finally got time to...
  4. We are sorry, the page you requested cannot be found. The URL may be misspelled or the page...

in XBoX Accessibility
    We are sorry, the page you requested cannot be found. The URL may be misspelled or the page...: Olá, pessoal. Recentemente meu primo adquiriu o Game Pass para jogar... Ao entrar no Xbox Account pra poder me adicionar, ele insere e-mail, pede alguns dados para confirmar, pede pra ele...
  5. Netflix Dolby Atmos popping and crackling, distortion even with latest May 2020 updates.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Netflix Dolby Atmos popping and crackling, distortion even with latest May 2020 updates.: I am having random popping and crackling only with Netflix on Xbox One. The Dolby Atmos app demos work perfectly and no crackling. Blu-Ray discs with Atmos work perfectly. This is a...
  6. Insider Hub, may have fried 2 of my Xbox X consoles.

in XboX Insiders
    Insider Hub, may have fried 2 of my Xbox X consoles.: So I’ve been a part of the insider hub since before the one X was even a thing. I had it on my day one edition, no problems, (turned my wife into a gamer) bought a new model console for my self...
  7. Recover old gamertag that may be disassociated with email

in XBoX on Consoles
    Recover old gamertag that may be disassociated with email: Okay so a strange request. The gamer tag i am trying to retrieve i used for a long time on the Xbox 360, from 2007ish till about 2013 or so. What i am trying to figure out is the email that is...
  8. E100 ERROR: CONSOLE IS NOW A BRICK AFTER MAY UPDATE: CAN'T BE FACTORY RESET

in XboX Insiders
    E100 ERROR: CONSOLE IS NOW A BRICK AFTER MAY UPDATE: CAN'T BE FACTORY RESET: I have a Xbox One X, black, 500 GB from the Gears of War bundle. Bought off Amazon about 3 years ago. Been having issues with Blu Ray not reading discs and prompting me to prove ownership of game...
  9. Xbox Games no longer tracking time played after new update (May 2020 update)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Games no longer tracking time played after new update (May 2020 update): None of my Xbox One games are tracking time played anymore after the new update. This feature is pretty important to me, so it's weird that it's just stopped working since the update. Is this...
  10. Earphones not working after May 28 OS update

in XBoX on Consoles
    Earphones not working after May 28 OS update: After the update released yesterday (OS 10.0.19041.2494) my earphones don't register any audio. Tested plugging the earphones into 2 different controllers. Tested the earphones on other devices...