this productneeds to be installed on internal harddrive

Discus and support this productneeds to be installed on internal harddrive in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; i know the game isnt out yet so i have checked against other games available to pre order. borderlands 3 pre order says "install on home xbox..." yet... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by ohno itstheCoPz, Sep 3, 2019.

1. this productneeds to be installed on internal harddrive

i know the game isnt out yet so i have checked against other games available to pre order. borderlands 3 pre order says "install on home xbox..." yet when i look at the actual game rather than the pre order page it says "install on home xbox..." and "this
    product needs to be installed on your internal harddrive" i havent found a single other game that says this. is this true? are there some games that MUST be on you internal? is this more something to ask developer? searching the web only comes up with this
    being a glitch on pc nothing about xbox at all. i bought an external ssd just for this game and would be disappointed if it was pointless.

:)

ohno itstheCoPz, Sep 3, 2019
  2. -Brat Win User

I get this issue sometimes for games. Usually they install to the internal hard drive and automatically transfer to an external, if you have one, and it sounds like you do.

Sometimes my Fortnite updates even force install to my internal instead of external, but transfer over once it's complete and any downtime is over. It could also be a developer preference, yes, where they'd rather you have the game on an internal hard-drive
    instead of an external, maybe to prevent data loss if your external is disconnected randomly or incorrectly.

I hope this helps!
  3. Phoenix_Reins Win User

Hi ohno itstheCoPz,

Some games that you pre-order can be pre-installed to your system, there maybe files that need to go on your internal hard drive which I'm sure you can move to your external after it is done.
  4. Exodus Scalpel Win User

Usually it does not matter what hard drive it is on since storage is storage.

But it might be that this is simply and advice of the developer since the game runs a little more smoothly when on internal hard drive.
  5. ohno itstheCoPz Win User

how would it run more smoothly internally? usb 3.0 is faster than the SATA II internally and ssd is much faster/effecient than an hdd. original xbox one btw
  6. CrazY1985 Win User

e68 error

It could be a problem with the Hard Drive itself or a problem with the internal connection to the hard drive, Try removing the hard drive and playing without it.

If this works, then it's your harddrive. Install the harddrive back in your xbox and try again.
Thema:

1. this productneeds to be installed on internal harddrive - Similar Threads - productneeds installed internal

2. 必须将此应用安装到系统驱动器 [This app must be installed on the system drive]

in XBoX on Windows
    必须将此应用安装到系统驱动器 [This app must be installed on the system drive]: 下载游戏提示 必须将此应用安装到系统驱动器。是否可以改成安装到其他盘 [Translation-Download game tips You must install this app to the system drive. Can I change to install to a different disk? 184c5bae-efba-4a7a-9763-78fea98c6b22
  3. Not letting me digitally install 360 games

in XboX Insiders
    Not letting me digitally install 360 games: So i was gonna buy a game on xbox one x (sonic generations to be exact) it only said "see the price" so i was confused but i clicked it anyways and it says "Sonic generations features xbox one...
  4. Xbox has trouble installing certain games & Xbox can't leave Insider program

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox has trouble installing certain games & Xbox can't leave Insider program: The post is split up into two parts, PART A is for the issues around installing certain games. PART B is for trying to leave the preview program. PART A. Hello, I'm having issues with...
  5. I can install the Oblivion GOTY Edition DLCs again?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can install the Oblivion GOTY Edition DLCs again?: If I buy The Elder Scrolls 4 Oblivion GOTY Edition but someone has already installed the DLCs before, will I still be able to install them again? 72190376-d3dc-435d-a7fe-f9604909c0c8
  6. Xbox update frozen and does not install

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox update frozen and does not install: When i go to install an update on my xbox it installs to 20% and then does not install any more, i contact a xbox gamer and they said to contact xbox support, it does not allow me to do an offline...
  7. Not being able to install the trial version of Minecraft (Windows 10 Edition)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Not being able to install the trial version of Minecraft (Windows 10 Edition): Hi, I recently wanted to try out the trial version of Minecraft for Windows 10. When I clicked on the 'Install On My Devices' button it asks me where I want to install it, even though I aldready...
  8. Cant't download/install Minecraft Dungeons On my Laptop

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cant't download/install Minecraft Dungeons On my Laptop: I keep getting an error and it the same. The error code i keep getting is 0x0073CF3 [img] c9158a3c-1f63-4f81-a1b9-b0f7f15c2a01
  9. Xbox 360 games listed as Apps after pluging in the HDD were they are installed (while My...

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox 360 games listed as Apps after pluging in the HDD were they are installed (while My...: [IMG] submitted by /u/reforc3 [link] [comments]
  10. XBOX (Beta) App Won't Install & Keeps Freezing

in XboX Insiders
    XBOX (Beta) App Won't Install & Keeps Freezing: Two days ago when I turned on my PC, my XBOX (beta) app would start but I would have a black screen every time. I have tried reinstalling, but it keeps freezing every time, and I am at a loss. I...