this productneeds to be installed on internal harddrive

Discus and support this productneeds to be installed on internal harddrive in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; i know the game isnt out yet so i have checked against other games available to pre order. borderlands 3 pre order says "install on home xbox..." yet... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by ohno itstheCoPz, Sep 3, 2019.

1. this productneeds to be installed on internal harddrive

i know the game isnt out yet so i have checked against other games available to pre order. borderlands 3 pre order says "install on home xbox..." yet when i look at the actual game rather than the pre order page it says "install on home xbox..." and "this
    product needs to be installed on your internal harddrive" i havent found a single other game that says this. is this true? are there some games that MUST be on you internal? is this more something to ask developer? searching the web only comes up with this
    being a glitch on pc nothing about xbox at all. i bought an external ssd just for this game and would be disappointed if it was pointless.

:)

ohno itstheCoPz, Sep 3, 2019
  2. -Brat Win User

I get this issue sometimes for games. Usually they install to the internal hard drive and automatically transfer to an external, if you have one, and it sounds like you do.

Sometimes my Fortnite updates even force install to my internal instead of external, but transfer over once it's complete and any downtime is over. It could also be a developer preference, yes, where they'd rather you have the game on an internal hard-drive
    instead of an external, maybe to prevent data loss if your external is disconnected randomly or incorrectly.

I hope this helps!
  3. Phoenix_Reins Win User

Hi ohno itstheCoPz,

Some games that you pre-order can be pre-installed to your system, there maybe files that need to go on your internal hard drive which I'm sure you can move to your external after it is done.
  4. Exodus Scalpel Win User

Usually it does not matter what hard drive it is on since storage is storage.

But it might be that this is simply and advice of the developer since the game runs a little more smoothly when on internal hard drive.
  5. ohno itstheCoPz Win User

how would it run more smoothly internally? usb 3.0 is faster than the SATA II internally and ssd is much faster/effecient than an hdd. original xbox one btw
  6. CrazY1985 Win User

e68 error

It could be a problem with the Hard Drive itself or a problem with the internal connection to the hard drive, Try removing the hard drive and playing without it.

If this works, then it's your harddrive. Install the harddrive back in your xbox and try again.
Thema:

1. this productneeds to be installed on internal harddrive - Similar Threads - productneeds installed internal

2. I'm on my third attempt at installing the fifa 20 trial it downloads but doesn't allow me...

in XboX Insiders
    I'm on my third attempt at installing the fifa 20 trial it downloads but doesn't allow me...: [IMG] submitted by /u/Evanlhnsfw [link] [comments]
  3. Installing dlc

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Installing dlc: What will happen if I bought dlc in the Microsoft store and I want it on my Xbox 360? d8b0ad9c-ce1c-4452-b041-8b2cdae0b85a
  4. HOW TO UNINSTALL THE GAME (dont installed in the background )

in XBoX on Windows
    HOW TO UNINSTALL THE GAME (dont installed in the background ): I can't really uninstall GEAR 5。 Whenever I uninstalled the GEAR 5, XBOX(BETA) will download the game in the background for me. What should I do ?? 81d41e91-fb18-4133-be01-9dbdca0cc179
  5. I cant install Sling TV app on Xbox One X

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I cant install Sling TV app on Xbox One X: Like the headline states, I cannot install Sling TV. It goes straight to an ad then to an error. I cannot even find that app to install the application. 5d48b948-50fb-4bed-905c-e65b62d51d29
  6. Manage saves and add-ons. Add-ons are no longer in ready to install section.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Manage saves and add-ons. Add-ons are no longer in ready to install section.: So it is with great sadness that the add-ons are no longer available under ready to install section for any games. Seeing this, now it is 100% impossible to download very important DLCs if they...
  7. I'm trying to install Minecraft and it's stuck to pending.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I'm trying to install Minecraft and it's stuck to pending.: Hello. So, I recently format my pc and I install Minecraft. After the installation, the game was running normally. After a couple of days playing, I opened Minecraft and It stuck to a white screen...
  8. Green Install button when clicked briefly shows Preparing in grey then reverts back to...

in XBoX on Windows
    Green Install button when clicked briefly shows Preparing in grey then reverts back to...: Have recently subscribed to the Xbox Game Pass and have successfully downloaded and installed both Rise of the Tomb Raider and Gears 5, however when trying to do the same with Shenmue 1 and 2 and...
  9. Fallout new vegas ultimate edition not allowing me to install both discs.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Fallout new vegas ultimate edition not allowing me to install both discs.: Im currently playing on an xbox one x. Ive had trouble installing the dlc before but always managed to do so eventually but this time I am only able to install the information from one disc at a...
  10. I am unable to install Gears Ultimate Edition for Windows 10 because of Error Code 0x80242020.

in XBoX on Windows
    I am unable to install Gears Ultimate Edition for Windows 10 because of Error Code 0x80242020.: I am unable to install Gears Ultimate Edition for Windows 10 because of Error Code 0x80242020, this error code appears when I try to start downloading the game and I am left with nothing on how to...