This Solved My NAT Troubles

Discus and support This Solved My NAT Troubles in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; This might not work for everyone, but if your router doesn't support UPnP, this might help you out. Credits go to SomeJoe over at the AT&T Forums for... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by David John Dwyer, Feb 23, 2014.

1. This Solved My NAT Troubles

This might not work for everyone, but if your router doesn't support UPnP, this might help you out.

Credits go to SomeJoe over at the
    AT&T Forums
    for this.

Also, as a note, this will only open up ports for one console. Not multiples.

Here is the proper method to open ports on the 2Wire routers for the Xbox 360. This should give you an open NAT.

1. Open a web browser, browse to the URL of your U-Verse® Residential Gateway (usually http://192.168.1.254).
    2. Click the Settings tab at the top.
    3. Click the Firewall label in the second row of tabs.
    4. Click the Applications, Pinholes, and DMZ label in the third row of tabs.
    5. Click on your XBox 360 under section (1). You will probably have to identify it by its IP address.
    6. Click the Allow Individual Applications button under section (2).
    7. Click Add a New User-Defined Application.
    8. Type "XBox 360 Live" in the Application Profile Name field.
    9. Select TCP for the protocol.
    10. Type 3074 in the Port From and Port To fields.
    11. Leave the Protocol Timeout field blank.
    12. Leave the Map to Host Port field blank.
    13. Do not select anything in the Application Type pull-down.
    14. Click the Add to List button.
    15. Select UDP for the protocol.
    16. Type 3074 in the Port From and Port To fields.
    17. Leave the Protocol Timeout field blank.
    18. Leave the Map to Host Port field blank.
    19. Do not select anything in the Application Type pull-down.
    20. Click the Add to List button.
    21. Select UDP for the protocol.
    22. Type 88 in the Port From and Port To fields.
    23. Leave the Protocol Timeout field blank.
    24. Leave the Map to Host Port field blank.
    25. Do not select anything in the Application Type pull-down.
    26. Click the Add to List button.
    27. Click the Back button.
    28. Reselect your XBox 360 under section (1). You will probably have to identify it by its IP address.
    29. Click the Allow Individual Applications button under section (2).
    30. Click "XBox 360 Live" in the Application list.
    31. Click the Add button. XBox 360 Live will now be listed in the Hosted Applications list.
    32. Click the Save button at the bottom.

Now reboot your XBox 360, you should have an open NAT type.

This procedure opens only the necessary ports on your router (3074 TCP/UDP, and 88 UDP), and directs them to the XBox 360 only, not to the whole network. Thus, the security implications are minimal.

This worked like a charm for me. I know it's suggested to open up Port 53 as well,

but he addresses that in the link at the beginning, from whence I took this information.

And so far, no problems!

:)

David John Dwyer, Feb 23, 2014
  2. Munkey Boy
    Munkey Boy Guest
    youtube app bug?

Forcing a proper (energy saving in the settings menu) shut down solves most NAT issues in my experience.

Munkey Boy, Feb 23, 2014
  3. Tedow420
    Tedow420 Guest
    xbox one open nat cod ghosts moderate/ strict nat solution fix

Port 3075 solved my problem!!!! Thank you! Xbox one was open nat and cod ghosts said moderate. This solved it!! Thank you

Tedow420, Feb 23, 2014
  4. DGYT
    DGYT Guest

Nice Guide! Not something someone would normally post on this forum, but nice fix!

5. DGYT Win User

Nice Guide! Not something someone would normally post on this forum, but nice fix!
  6. MeGa JERBIE Win User

Constantly dropping connection to Live

I wish my NAT problem could solve itself :(
  7. WarBear094 Win User

Unable to login on xbox

Thanks for the advice :) but I've recently solved. It was a problem of my network's NAT
  8. Maul Mini Maul Win User

xbox live social social activity flow issue

have you opened correct ports for your xbox? it may get you an open nat type solving issue, i had similar trouble as i didnt do that 4 years until recently, xbox is a bit pedantic now compaired to 360
  9. xXTimingFrameXx Win User

Xbox “disconnecting” from Xbox live and says the internet died but the internet is on

Its said “there are no problems with your connection for muiltiplayer. If ur having trouble refeash ur nat type”.

it says my nat type is open
Thema:

1. This Solved My NAT Troubles - Similar Threads - Solved NAT Troubles

2. [Solved] Xbox controllers disconnecting

in XBoX on Consoles
    [Solved] Xbox controllers disconnecting: Hi, I've got some problems with my controllers: they disconnect 1 second after being wired for one, and 10 seconds for the other, and then impossible to make them work again unless I reboot my...
  3. Black screen how to solve

in XBoX on Consoles
    Black screen how to solve: Black screen ... turn on xbox one s and after 30 seconds it turns off on own... tried if not everything almost everything nothing is working help plz c97c5cf2-b284-494b-8d20-8ce4eecb1343
  4. : Não consigo resolver o problema de NAT Duplo/Estrito![Translation-I can't solve the...

in XboX Networking Hardware
    : Não consigo resolver o problema de NAT Duplo/Estrito![Translation-I can't solve the...: : Não consigo resolver o problema de NAT Duplo/Estrito![Translation-I can't solve the double/strict NAT problem!] Hello Kin, Thanks for coming to the forums. We recommend to post on your...
  5. nat dupla como resolver *Mod Translation: Nat double How to solve)

in XBoX on Mobile
    nat dupla como resolver *Mod Translation: Nat double How to solve): foi trocado o roteador e apareceu na minha rede no xbox one a nat dupla e e´ por isso que não consigo jogar na live.Como resolver este poblema *Mod Translation* was switched the router and...
  6. How to solve ''Nat error''?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to solve ''Nat error''?: Hi....I have a problem when I connect to my wireless network and test my Xbox Live conection,on the screen appear a message that says ''Nat error'' .It says ''Your nat type is moderate'',too.What...
  7. I solved STRICT NAT with 4 XB1's on one Comcast gateway! Yaaaaaaassssssss!!!!!!~

in XBoX on Consoles
    I solved STRICT NAT with 4 XB1's on one Comcast gateway! Yaaaaaaassssssss!!!!!!~: NOTE: THIS METHOD WAS USED ON A COMCAST GATEWAY (SMCD3GNV) and I have 4 Xbox Ones on one gateway. I have no idea if this will work on any other configuration like router and modem but you can try...
  8. Cant solve wireless/NAT issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cant solve wireless/NAT issues: Okay guys and girls, for the past few weeks, my wireless has been nothing but an issue. A few details about my setup. We have 2 xbox one consoles that are sometimes running simultaneously. I...
  9. Strict or Moderate NAT after opening the ports and placing it outside the DMZ solved

in XBoX on Consoles
    Strict or Moderate NAT after opening the ports and placing it outside the DMZ solved: One thing that I found is that if you are using a modem / router configuration is that if your modem is set to mask your I.P. address (private instead of public) that you may still see NAT issues....
  10. How to solve nat type on o2 wireless box ii

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to solve nat type on o2 wireless box ii: When i checked my xbox one NAT it initially was strict. Further detail from holding both triggers and top buttons after testing multiplayer connection stated that i was behind a port restricted...