Throttling download speeds

Discus and support Throttling download speeds in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I want to start off by saying that I've gone through multiple xbox's since the 360 days. I have the most recent Xbox one X and still have the issue... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Northernking420, Sep 20, 2019.

1. Throttling download speeds

I want to start off by saying that I've gone through multiple xbox's since the 360 days. I have the most recent Xbox one X and still have the issue with download speeds bottlenecked when downloading a game/app/update. All these forums I've read customer
    service reps, and trouble shooting steps I've gone through give absolutely no definitive answer as to WHY I can't download games at my 1000Mbps speeds or even close for that matter. (The 360 was understandable due to file size) but since the xbox one came
    out with consoles being able to achieve this I haven't had it happen, But one time and it was downloading at 400 to 500Mbps ( it lasted maybe 3 mins) instead of the usual 200 to 250Mbps it will trickle past that amount but that's it. Microsoft is doing something
    to prevent games downloading at the speeds we have. Why well that's why I hoping I'm not here wasting my time and hoping I can get a legit answer to why this is happening to all of us. It isn't right. I don't hear of playstation doing this. Maybe someone needs
    to stick a lawsuit boot up their [Mod Removed - Inappropriate] to make something happen idk but this is
    [Mod Removed - Inappropriate].

:)

Northernking420, Sep 20, 2019
  2. XBF Ruben D Win User

Hello Northernking420,

Thank you for your post but since this is a thread that Violates the
    Xbox Forum Guidelineswe will be locking it.

As stated under Rule 4) Do not post or use profanity or any creative form of bypassing the word filters. Even if it’s ****** don’t
    post it.

As well as Rule) 10) Do not flame or troll - Please do not try and provoke anyone into a fight. This includes posting condescending remarks or following people
    and replying to them to fuel a rivalry or continuing a discussion after it has gone downhill.

If there are any other questions or concerns please create a new thread detailing your issue and any troubleshooting steps (if any) you’ve tried so far. That will allow us to tailor our support specifically to you!

Just make sure to review the Guidelines before a Thread/Post is made so as to not violate the rules by mistake.

Happy gaming.
  3. AngelObullets Win User

4. CashMee0utside Win User

Xbox one download speed is super slow!

As mentioned above, Try a wired connection to help with the download speeds, If that does not help and you are still experiencing slow download speeds your Internet Service Provider could be throttling your speeds for high bandwidth downloads
  5. ArminatorX Win User

How to increase Xbox Download Speed (Updates, Game Downloads)

How are you measuring the speedtest on your PC? Are you using Speedtest.net?

If so, manually select a server from the Seattle/Redmond area. Then compare these measurements with the download speeds on your console.

The only way to improve your download speed would be to physically move closer to the nearest Microsoft data center of your region, or investigate, if your provider is intentionally throttling downloads from high bandwidth services.

Usually, they don't tell you. But try to do a speedtest on your computer WHILE you are downloading on your Xbox.

To hide the fact they are throttling you, they will stop the throttle whenever they find you're measuring on known speedtest sites. If your download speed increases WHILE you are measuring, they are doing the throttling.
  6. Texas Ed Win User

Dog slow game download - showing either 984.88 Kb/s or 1.44 Mb/s

The internal Xbox "detailed network statistics" page says "Download speed: 123.32 Mbps / Upload speed: 102.62 Mbps / Packet loss: 0% / Latency: 22 ms"

There is nothing wrong with my xbox or my network connection. Does Microsoft throttle its download servers?
Thema:

1. Throttling download speeds - Similar Threads - Throttling download speeds

2. A/C spinning to the right when throttle opened.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    A/C spinning to the right when throttle opened.: Hello all. I am reinstalling FSX on my PC after upgrading to Windows 10. I have got an Attack 3 joystick and everything worked fine until I did a calibration check on the joystick. Now I have a...
  3. Game Pass PC's downloads are finally working, but throttle themselves?

in XboX Insiders
    Game Pass PC's downloads are finally working, but throttle themselves?: So finally, FINALLY I'm able to download things on the Xbox gamepass, however they just kinda... stop working after a quick moment. It will get to about 15% downloaded of any title and then my...
  4. Microsoft has to be throttling my upload speeds on Xbox One console

in XBoX on Consoles
    Microsoft has to be throttling my upload speeds on Xbox One console: I get 430 download on all my devices wired into router including the xbox one console. I get [Mod Removed- Inappropriate] 'upload' speed only on the xbox one s and it's not my network. I even...
  5. Since October 2018 update Xbox One upload is being throttled to a tiny fraction.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Since October 2018 update Xbox One upload is being throttled to a tiny fraction.: Since October 2018 update Xbox One upload is being throttled to a tiny fraction. It is definite Microsoft Xbox One update causing the issue. Tried on 3 consoles tested. Wired into network Cat 6...
  6. Xbox Live downloads being throttled or bottlenecked?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Live downloads being throttled or bottlenecked?: Hi there- I've been looking this up around the web for quite a bit and see a lot of folks in a similar situation, but can't seem to find a conclusive answer: THE PROBLEM: My downloads/updates...
  7. Does the October 2018 Xbone update throttle (decrease) upload bandwidth?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Does the October 2018 Xbone update throttle (decrease) upload bandwidth?: Hey Everyone, So I updated to the Oct 2018 xbox one release (10.0.17763.2023) on two different Xboxes and I am noticing the upload speed is now reporting quite low in the Detailed Network Stats...
  8. Microsoft needs to stop throttle the Xbox 1 X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Microsoft needs to stop throttle the Xbox 1 X: I'm so glade that I Purchase a new gaming console from Microsoft Through promises made but not delivered, How in the hell can you tell people that this is going to be (The most powerful...
  9. Please STOP throttling my “High Speed” Internet

in XBoX on Consoles
    Please STOP throttling my “High Speed” Internet: Like a lot of your members, we pay for “quality” NOT tolerance. You’re a Fortune 500 company, you can afford monster servers. No excuses. I literally watched my download half way through get...
  10. Download Speeds/Connection Speeds being THROTTLED. Multiple Contacts, NO help so far.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Download Speeds/Connection Speeds being THROTTLED. Multiple Contacts, NO help so far.: I have been having this issue for the past 2.5 months now. It has been a continuous problem now in that period, and I have contacted Xbox Support multiple times (live chat 3 times, phone twice),...