Thumb sticks and D-pad double clicking, possible auto scrolling problem?

Discus and support Thumb sticks and D-pad double clicking, possible auto scrolling problem? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Recently had a problem where my controller’s D-pad and thumb stick would sense an input twice. It was mainly a problem in home though it may have been... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Sad man:(, May 14, 2021.

1. Sad man:(
    Sad man:( Guest

Recently had a problem where my controller’s D-pad and thumb stick would sense an input twice. It was mainly a problem in home though it may have been linked to stick drift I experienced the day before.

this was a problem with the console itself I found as all controllers I plugged in had the same problem. I fixed it by hard resetting the console, unplugging it and all; so far I have had less of a problem with it but it still feels like it likes to skip a tile every now and then.

I also just noticed that auto scroll is activated on the D-pad and left stick when the right stick is held in any direction. Dose anyone know if this is intended? I am 95% sure that auto scrolling is what is janking with the whole double clicking directions thing.

To clarify this problem has only affected me in the Xbox home and other Xbox apps on the console.

This is my first post, so sorry if any of my terminology sounds trash. Plus I typed this on my phone so there is probs some issues.

:)

Sad man:(, May 14, 2021
  2. x24hrs2livex Win User

98/100 City Hotspots

Press up on the D-pad to bring up your smart phone. Scroll over using the right thumb stick to 'Dead Sec Field Guide'. Then using the right thumb stick scroll down to City Hotspots. Press A to select the app and use the right thumb stick to scroll through
    each area to see where you are missing a Hotspot.
  3. Theory of Game Win User

Custom Controllers: Don't restrict the Thumb sticks colors! ALL D-Pad colors for thumbs!

The D-Pad and thumb sticks are made of different materials, so it's quite possible the colors you want for the sticks just aren't available in the material used to make the stick.
  4. Districtopia Win User

how to turn off random people talking over the game?

If you're in game: click the "window" button to bring up the player list, navigate to person you want to block using the thumb sticks or D-pad, press "X" to mute.
  5. Malesoun Win User

Tournament Edition Fightstick question

You would circle your thumb on the stick/d-pad from down to forward.
  6. WARRIOR I M Win User

Xbox Adaptive Controller set up

Ok, so I finally have everything set up, except one thing- I have the thumb stick joystick adapter plugged into the left usb port of the pad. The controller functions as it should, except when I click the adaptive thumb stick, it does not function to
    click the left thumb stick, which it controls. Is there a way to do this, or must I find another way to click the left thumb stick?
Thema:

1. Thumb sticks and D-pad double clicking, possible auto scrolling problem? - Similar Threads - Thumb sticks pad

2. Adaptive thumb stick help

in XBoX Accessibility
    Adaptive thumb stick help: Is there any way to disable the trigger and bumper from working, so just the thumbstick will function? I don’t want accidental strikes to the trigger or bumper button when in use. I plan to just...
  3. Xbox series x controller thumb stick

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox series x controller thumb stick: Hi, 2 weeks ago I bought a series x, a couple of days ago the controller started jumping while scrolling menus, jumping 2 lines with one touch. In red dead 2 it switches between crouching as if...
  4. Xbox Series 2 Elite Controller (thumb stick drift problems)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series 2 Elite Controller (thumb stick drift problems): Hello everyone, I am now on my second series 2 elite controller. My first one had sticky buttons and I ended up getting it replaced early this year by Microsoft. My second one has had no problems...
  5. Xbox Elite Controller v2 - Left Thumb Stick Problem

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Controller v2 - Left Thumb Stick Problem: Hello Since out of the box, I noticed that my brand new v2 elite controller had an issue with the left thumbstick. I have searched the internet and I found numerous posts about the same issue,...
  6. Repair center lost my Elite Controllers D-pad and thumb sticks

in XBoX on Consoles
    Repair center lost my Elite Controllers D-pad and thumb sticks: Dear Microsoft / Xbox, My elite controller was broken. I used chat to submit it for repair. I asked the employee if should include all the parts of my elite controller. He couldn't give me an...
  7. Xbox controller smells like burning/warm between d-pad and thumb stick

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox controller smells like burning/warm between d-pad and thumb stick: My xbox gave a prompt that the battery was low then I started to smell burning plastic after that the controller won't power on with new batteries or through a USB cable. Has anyone recently run...
  8. Xbox smells like burning/warm between d-pad and thumb stick

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox smells like burning/warm between d-pad and thumb stick: My xbox gave a prompt that the battery was low then I started to smell burning plastic after that the controller won't power on with new batteries or through a USB cable.Has anyone recently run...
  9. Custom Controllers: Don't restrict the Thumb sticks colors! ALL D-Pad colors for thumbs!

in XBoX on Consoles
    Custom Controllers: Don't restrict the Thumb sticks colors! ALL D-Pad colors for thumbs!: Idea on Xbox Feedback: Xbox Ideas, powered by UserVoice So at the Xbox Design Lab we can now customize controllers. When I was customizing, I saw that the thumb sticks only have 8 color options,...
  10. Controller thumb-sticks non-responsive and d-pad drift

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller thumb-sticks non-responsive and d-pad drift: Yesterday I tried to use my controller but the left thumbstick is not moving anything at all. Both on the home screen and in a game, nothing moves when the thumbsticks are moved. But when I press...