$till No Dolby Support Through Optical Out

Discus and support $till No Dolby Support Through Optical Out in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; C'mon M$ how difficult can this be for a $500 console? absurd that there have now been two updates and many of us cant enjoy surround sound out of... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by MajicB, Feb 15, 2014.

1. MajicB
    MajicB Guest

C'mon M$ how difficult can this be for a $500 console? absurd that there have now been two updates and many of us cant enjoy surround sound out of what was sold as an entertainment console! And you won't even let us know when to expect this basic 20 year
    old tech!

i have been a loyalist, but you lied, and almost as bad, are terribly incompetent - PS4 here I come. This ship is sinking.

:)

MajicB, Feb 15, 2014
  2. IceStorm III
    IceStorm III Guest
    Outrage that surroud sound is not patched for Dobly Digital though optical!

[quote user="I amH0NEYBADGER"]This is crazy. DD supported through HDMI but not the optical output?[/quote]The Xbox One console has no Dolby Digital output support at all. It's not just optical. There's no Dolby Digital via HDMI either.

IceStorm III, Feb 15, 2014
  3. What does your xb1 want for xmas?

@Juice, as of now, no only stereo out of the optical port. Somehow through the entire design of MS next gen console they didn't add Dolby digital out of a digital optical port. Wow, just wow.

Mogwai Warrior, Feb 15, 2014
  4. IceStorm III Win User

Outrage that surroud sound is not patched for Dobly Digital though optical!

[quote user="I amH0NEYBADGER"]This is crazy. DD supported through HDMI but not the optical output?[/quote]The Xbox One console has no Dolby Digital output support at all. It's not just optical. There's no Dolby Digital via HDMI either.
  5. Murderstyle75 Win User

Optical Out - What is it for??

And also, there are a good number of Home Thearer setups that do not support HDMI in. Only 5.1 Dolby or DTS through optical.
  6. Mogwai Warrior Win User

What does your xb1 want for xmas?

@Juice, as of now, no only stereo out of the optical port. Somehow through the entire design of MS next gen console they didn't add Dolby digital out of a digital optical port. Wow, just wow.
  7. Xenokai Win User

What to do with the TOSLINK port

Right now the xbox one output optical TOSLINK 5.1 threw DTS surround. DTS is actually better then Dolby 5.1 but some audio equipment doesnt have support for DTS, dolby toslink support is set to come next year, but right now 5.1 with toslink is possible
    (ive been using it) but only if your recieved supports DTS. Best option you have now is to set the toslink optical to stereo, and then use your dvd player to put it into Dolby Pro Logic II mode. This mode a simulated 5.1 that takes a stereo signal and makes
    it a kinda fakish 5.1 while not true 5.1 is will be better then just 2.0 stereo till dolby is patched in.
  8. RBoy1 Win User

Dolby Digital out of Optical?

I'm returning my Xbox One, this is ridiculous. My 4 year old BlueRay player support Dolby from Optical, my 5 yr old Cable box support dolby in Optical and my next gen console don't.

My samsung TV refuses to convert the HDMi signal to Dolby via Optical Out, my receiver does not support audio over HDMI. Essentially I need to buy a new HTIB for $1000 to support the "next gen" Xbox One.

Not happening, bye bye XBox One
Thema:

1. $till No Dolby Support Through Optical Out - Similar Threads - $till Dolby Support

2. Flytta spel från ett konto till ett nytt [Translation - Move games from one account to a...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Flytta spel från ett konto till ett nytt [Translation - Move games from one account to a...: Hej När jag först skaffade Xbox och reggade ett Microsoft konto för spel så hade jag inget konto och jag orkade inte heller fixa ett så jag ha loggade in med min dotters konto och har köpt alla...
  3. I am still bothered till this day about Microsoft axing Lionhead and Fable Legends (Free to...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I am still bothered till this day about Microsoft axing Lionhead and Fable Legends (Free to...: The game was heavily criticized before it could go public with an open beta and people could make an informed opinion about the game. At the time people were saying this isn't Fable 4 (which it...
  4. Tangentbord till X-box S

in XBoX on Consoles
    Tangentbord till X-box S: We are trying to connect a keyboard ASUS CERBERUS to X-Box One S, but it's not working! The keyboard is function together with computers and Tv-set, but connected with X-box it does not even turn...
  5. : Xbox One kan inte ansluta till WiFi [Translation - Xbox One can't connect to WiFi]

in XboX Networking Hardware
    : Xbox One kan inte ansluta till WiFi [Translation - Xbox One can't connect to WiFi]: : Xbox One kan inte ansluta till WiFi [Translation - Xbox One can't connect to WiFi] Hej! Jag har provat allt och det hjälper inte. Har kopplat in nätverkskabel istället. Tack för hjälpen....
  6. Innehållsbegränsning ej barnkonto/ göra om konto till barn / alt funkar fortnite på "fel"...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Innehållsbegränsning ej barnkonto/ göra om konto till barn / alt funkar fortnite på "fel"...: [Title Translation] - Content restriction not child account / converting account to child / everything does not work on "wrong" users. Hej, Startade i jul upp ett konto för spel på Xbox men då...
  7. jag köpte ett spell till datorn och jag hadde några problem med att spara så jag refunda de ...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    jag köpte ett spell till datorn och jag hadde några problem med att spara så jag refunda de ...: jag köpte ett spell till datorn och jag hadde några problem med att spara så jag refunda de men jag vill ju ändå kolla om de går och fixa. jag skafa de spelet när de va i erly acses och något ksk...
  8. Cancelled my pre-order, how long till refunded.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cancelled my pre-order, how long till refunded.: So inrecently cancelled my fallout 76 preorder, I received an email that basically said, "if we charged you, wwe'l refund you." And i thought great, as i need the money to pay a bill. It has now...
  9. Bought VBucks, never received them till today

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Bought VBucks, never received them till today: Greetings i bought a while ago some vBucks and till today i never get them. Today i got an answer from epic games support, i bought them via xbox store so i have to contact xbox support. Chat...
  10. Why can’t I play offline. Been offline for awhile now playing till today.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can’t I play offline. Been offline for awhile now playing till today.: I come home to play farcry 5 which i have been playing offline now for a week. I come home log into my profile offline and it tells me i need to log into my xbox live account to start this game or...