To Buy Backwards games with Microsoft Gift Cards

Discus and support To Buy Backwards games with Microsoft Gift Cards in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Since the backwards games list is increasing every day we should have an update in order to buy games using the Microsoft gift cards. I do know how... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by JosueCalix, Mar 25, 2019.

1. JosueCalix
    JosueCalix Guest

Since the backwards games list is increasing every day we should have an update in order to buy games using the Microsoft gift cards. I do know how hard it is but it's something that the fans deserve.

Thank you

:)

JosueCalix, Mar 25, 2019
  2. dR3K0b Win User

Gifting a friend Call of Duty: World at War

But it's backwards compatiable? He can't use gift cards to buy backwards compatible games?
  3. Smwutches Win User

4. Jurgen1488 Win User

Unfortunately this does not work, it is unfortunately an Xbox error department that has not yet accessed via Xbox ONE. Yes it goes through Xbox 360 but via Xbox One goes backward compatible games to buy either on disk or via payment or debit card.
  5. GustavoRS14 Win User

Overwatch Purchasing Fail

Buy gift Cards on Microsoft Store then buy the game spending that money
  6. XBF Brad A Win User

Which is better, Microsoft Gift Card or Xbox Gift Card?

Hi Ammon,

Thanks for coming to the forums with your question about the gift cards. Microsoft gift cards and Xbox gift cards are for both Microsoft and Xbox.

This is directly from the
    Microsoft gift card
    :

With a Microsoft Gift Card, give the freedom to pick the gift they want. It can be used to buy devices, games, software, apps, movies, and more. There are no fees or expiration dates to worry about. This digital gift code is good for purchases
    at Microsoft Store online, on Windows, and on Xbox. It cannot be used for purchases at physical Microsoft Stores.

This is directly from the
    Xbox gift card
    :

With an Xbox Gift Card, give the freedom to pick the gift they want. It can be used to buy the hottest new Xbox full game downloads, apps, movies, TV shows, devices, and more. There are no fees or expiration dates to worry about. This digital
    gift code is good for purchases at Microsoft Store online, on Windows, and on Xbox. It cannot be used for purchases at physical Microsoft Stores.

If you are purchasing devices like Xbox console, surface pro they are limited to being used for them.

If you will be mainly using these on an Xbox console, then the Xbox gift card is perfect.

Thanks,

Brad
Thema:

1. To Buy Backwards games with Microsoft Gift Cards - Similar Threads - Buy Backwards games

2. Why i cant buy backward compatible games?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why i cant buy backward compatible games?: Since a month or more i have a serious issue with the store, i cant buy any backward compatible game, an advice jumps on the screen that says, ''try later'' bb6ce589-4550-4b8e-913c-1db9a38d612c
  3. Can't buy a backwards compatible game even though I have my debit card registered.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't buy a backwards compatible game even though I have my debit card registered.: When I choose to see the price of halo 3 and then continue with the purchase, it just comes up with the message "you have no valid payment options on file..." I have checked multiple times and I...
  4. Buying a backward compatibily game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Buying a backward compatibily game: I want to buy midnight club for my xbox one s. I shows up in the store and everything bet.i cant buy it. Saying it's not available when its compatible. Why can't I ? :( I really want to play the...
  5. Simple quality of life fixes to buying backwards compatible games

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Simple quality of life fixes to buying backwards compatible games: Recently, I've wanted to take advantage of the EA Publisher Sale in order to buy the Mass Effect series, as I have never played them before. However, I quickly noticed some "flaws" with the store,...
  6. Can't buy backwards compatible games on Xbox One due to them "not being available in my region"

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't buy backwards compatible games on Xbox One due to them "not being available in my region": This is an issue with every single 360 game. It goes as far as showing me the price, and then the "This item is not currently available in your region" error pops up. I should note that my actual...
  7. Can not buy Backward Compatible Games on the Marketplace or Can not get Backward Compatible...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can not buy Backward Compatible Games on the Marketplace or Can not get Backward Compatible...: Hello guys, Omega here. These days I had a problem with Marketplace getting games with gold or even buying Backward Compatible games, and I would like to share a resolution that I have found...
  8. Can't Buy Backwards Compatible Games with Your Microsoft Account Funds

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't Buy Backwards Compatible Games with Your Microsoft Account Funds: I find it ridiculous that after all of this time Microsoft will not allow someone to buy a backwards compatible game (Xbox 360 or original Xbox) by using the funds from a gift card. Their only...
  9. I can't buy backwards compatible games

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    I can't buy backwards compatible games: So i tried buying pvz but it kept saying sorry we cant complete that purchase right now try again, so i did, nine times, but it didnt work, so i went to your website instead of the xbox...
  10. unable to buy backwards compatible games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    unable to buy backwards compatible games: I have tried with my xbox one and the website store to buy a 360 game but everytime I press buy option it loads a window that says "Uh-Oh! That wasn't supposed to happen It seems that you have...