To change my Xbox from on parental control to normal adult set up so I can purchase...

Discus and support To change my Xbox from on parental control to normal adult set up so I can purchase... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi there, can any one help me as my parents set up parental controls years ago when i was younger and we are trying to take it off parental controls... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by DSCG02, Oct 27, 2019.

1. DSCG02
    DSCG02 Guest

To change my Xbox from on parental control to normal adult set up so I can purchase...

Hi there,

can any one help me as my parents set up parental controls years ago when i was younger and we are trying to take it off parental controls and restrictions but my mum doesnt know how to change my settings so that i can purchase stuff on xbox live on my
    own. Also how do i change my personal details too please.

Any help would be great

Cheers

:)

DSCG02, Oct 27, 2019
  2. ngocphi Win User

Child to Adult Account Conversion Not Working?

Oh ok, so even though it now says that it is an adult account, it will never be one? That's strange... but I can live with it. Regardless, any idea why that would somehow prevent me from online gaming? Can child accounts not normally access that? Because
    I clicked allow on my restrictions but it hasn't had any effect on it at all...
    you are confusing two completely different settings

Adding your account to home console does not change it to an adult account

Only by reaching the age of 18 can you promote it by removing the parental account from the child account

If you do it before reaching the age of 18 it will not let you back in until you reads an parental account

Parental.sertings are controled by your parental.accoint not your home console

They will have to sign in on outlook or your xbox to make the changes

To use custom gamer pic you need to be an adult account no parental setting can change this

Also setting privacy settings to adult does NOt make.you an adult
  3. Stracti Win User

Child to Adult Account Conversion Not Working?

Parental.sertings are controled by your parental.accoint not your home console

They will have to sign in on outlook or your xbox to make the changes

To use custom gamer pic you need to be an adult account no parental setting can change this

Also setting privacy settings to adult does NOt make.you an adult
    I already tried by signing in to the parent account and removing all restrictions on this account, and it didn't work. But I DID fix it. I did it by reverting the privacy settings back to child and then resetting them to adult about 5 times and ONLY then
    did the xbox live restriction say it was in effect so I could turn it off from the parent account (prior to that it said that there was no restriction in place under the parental settings).

Tl;dr: Tried turning it off and on again. Worked on the fifth time.
  4. TeddyDaKiLaBear Win User

Removing parental control over a Gold Family member

i donno if anyone else said this or not i couldnt read the whole thing in the time i have from what i gathered your wife must change this setting from her account all u can do is remove her from the gold pack but she can change the parental controls on
    her account as long as shes listed ad being 18 or over

Remove parental control from *your account*

Adult secondary Gold Family Pack members can remove parental control. If your account is a child account, you will still need an adult Microsoft account and password to sign into Xbox LIVE.

On your console, sign in to Xbox LIVE with your secondary account.

Go to Settings, and then select Account.

Select Leave Family.

Confirm the change. Parental control by the primary account is removed.

Xbox LIVE determines whether an account is a child account or an adult account based on the age of the account owner. Account owners who are younger than 18 are given child accounts in the United States. The legal adult age varies by country and region (for
    example, the adult age in Korea is 20).
  5. BigDaddyAmerica Win User

How can I change my Content Settings on the Xbox 360?

Hello there JunkTuna1,

By following the link I am going to provide, it will show you how to set up parental controls:

support.xbox.com/.../xbox-live-parental-control

You can try to change your safety and privacy settings to "Adult" to see if that helps any bit.

Please tell us how this goes for you!
  6. BobMcFly247 Win User

Resetting the family passcode

Well let me see if I can answer your question.

First, there is no passcode for the xbox one like you think of. The management of a "family" is done by an adult (parent) account which has all privileges needed to add and control the other f.e. child accounts of the same family. This includes age restrictions
    and the ability for purchases. So the passcode in that sense are the login credentials of the adult account.

All family settings can be done with this adult account wether on the xbox itself or on the internet on xbox.com

How does this work: well you need to set up a microsoft account for each of the designated family members and assigns them with a gamertag. Then the adult account can add them to a family and set up the wanted restrictions. All family members associated
    with the family can use the digital purchases and even the goldsubscription of the adult (parent) account. But the purchases must be done ith the parent account.

Does this answer it? If not feel free to ask further details.
Thema:

1. To change my Xbox from on parental control to normal adult set up so I can purchase... - Similar Threads - change parental control

2. xbox - cant hear other players, is it parental lock settings & how to change

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox - cant hear other players, is it parental lock settings & how to change: My kid can't hear the other players and says it is due to the parental lock settings. I've looked online and cant see any reference to the settings including audio. Can I enable audio from the...
  3. For some reason I am unable to change my parental controls?

in XBoX on Windows
    For some reason I am unable to change my parental controls?: I have been trying to play minecraft crossplay on windows 10 edition for a while and I have finally set up the game. But I can't join his world as my privacy settings prevent me from doing this....
  4. change parent for account control

in XBoX Accessibility
    change parent for account control: Hello we have problems with the son's microsoft account and the family group. The accounts is not in your system. He can not remember his tasks. I need to unlock that pairing and instead add me...
  5. Blocked Films... but no Parental Control settings changed.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Blocked Films... but no Parental Control settings changed.: Hello, I hope someone can help me on this. I got a Xbox 360 a few years ago and it used to work perfectly fine. But recently, after a few updates, we noticed some films can't be watched on...
  6. Parental Control on. Bought second hand so don't know passcode or security question to change ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Parental Control on. Bought second hand so don't know passcode or security question to change ...: I bought an xbox 360 second hand and the parental Control is on. I don't know the passcode or the question to reset it. Please help. d373af59-6bf9-4a14-afbc-c4f66cdffb69
  7. changing parental control/lost password

in XBoX on Consoles
    changing parental control/lost password: Im interested in changing parental control. sadly ive lost the password and need to reset my sons x360. As far as i know i have to contact Xbox in order to get a master code. Anyone that can...
  8. Can't make changes to parental controls

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't make changes to parental controls: My account TheEarBiter123 was banned and i do not know why. I dont really care that it is banned but the only problem is I am unable to make purchases on my other account because of parental...
  9. Changing parental control settings

in XBoX on Consoles
    Changing parental control settings: Hi I've forgotten my parental control code number and need to change the settings so my son can play the new game I bought him. I've no idea if this is the right forum and I am genuinely the...
  10. Changing parental controls to another account

in XBoX on Consoles
    Changing parental controls to another account: We have bought my step children xbox gold live and at the moment it is attached to my husbands xbox live account. Their mother is not happy with this and would like full control over the one at...