"To do this, change a setting" not working

Discus and support "To do this, change a setting" not working in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; So my younger brother is trying to play among us but it keeps saying, "to do this, change a setting" and when we do that. It's not working. We tried to... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by MIDNIGHTMIST180, Aug 5, 2022.

1. "To do this, change a setting" not working

So my younger brother is trying to play among us but it keeps saying, "to do this, change a setting" and when we do that. It's not working. We tried to fix it by phone and removed restrictions as he is a child, but nothing is working. I've looked online and no one has the correct answer for it and the xbox help area doesn't specify what needs to be change.

:)

MIDNIGHTMIST180, Aug 5, 2022
  2. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.
    I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today buddy

Your brother is in a family group or is him alone?
    https://account.microsoft.com/family/home

Is this happening only with among us or every multi-player game?

And please tell me which troubleshooting steps you have done so far to fix this, in that way I can advise you different things or how to proceed
  3. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hey, I'm glad to hear that! At least you was able to solve it!

If you don't mind, how you solved it?
  4. MIDNIGHTMIST180 Win User

Thank you for replying back but I got in contact with xbox online support and they helped me figured it out. Appreciate all the help for those trying to help 💕
  5. His Pet Leaf Win User

To do this, change a setting

Never seen an issue like this before, something I recommend trying real quick might be to clear you system cache or try re downloading your profile. If neither of those things work. Try buying it through either the xbox store or xbox.com.

It could possibly just be an issue with the Minecraft menu, similar to how you cannot use the GTA Store tab in GTA Online, it just black screens.

Hope one of these things could help you!
  6. TinkerTank360 Win User

'To do this, change a setting'

I have this exact issue but with the avatar store. Everyone suggests that you may have a child account or your age may be underage on the account, so check that out if you haven't. But mine is definitely an adult account, my age is accurately 21 on my system,
    and all my content settings are unblocked :/

If I find an answer, I'll let ya know.
Thema:

1. "To do this, change a setting" not working - Similar Threads - change setting working

2. when i go to settings on xbox game pass it trys to save it to my sdd and when i change it...

in XBoX on Consoles
    when i go to settings on xbox game pass it trys to save it to my sdd and when i change it...: when i go to settings on xbox game pass it trys to save it to my sdd and when i change it in general setting, it goes back to the ssd? 22d1ce3e-14ff-4cc2-90fa-5e4e786994d5
  3. Why can't I change my child's privacy settings on Xbox?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why can't I change my child's privacy settings on Xbox?: I've been trying to change my child's Xbox permissions and restrictions to allow her to play multiplayer, but it keeps telling me to verify my age. When I click the verification link, it sends me...
  4. cannot change privacy settings

in XBoX Games and Apps
    cannot change privacy settings: i'm trying to play minecraft and it keeps saying i cannot play on servers because how my account is setup, but when trying to change my privacy settings i'm redirected to xbox support page. how...
  5. Im kids acc gta not working forgot passkey to all family settings to change settings

in XBoX Accessibility
    Im kids acc gta not working forgot passkey to all family settings to change settings: Cant play gta as aged 12 for playing games forgot my passkey to go on adult acc 2 change 2e2d276d-0485-4115-9a31-44480feae9b9
  6. Minecraft realms not working due to privacy even though settings changed

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft realms not working due to privacy even though settings changed: hello all, I have experienced issues with Minecraft realms, it says I am not allowed due to privacy and the way my account is set up, I do not have Xbox live but i wanted to play with someone on...
  7. how do i change my xbox settings it no working even if i used my microsoft acccount it does...

in XBoX on Windows
    how do i change my xbox settings it no working even if i used my microsoft acccount it does...: it does not working so I have being trying 3db7292b-1420-417e-8900-e972d4e1a138
  8. How to change privacy settings on Xbox account when Xbox.com sign in doesn’t work.

in XBoX on Windows
    How to change privacy settings on Xbox account when Xbox.com sign in doesn’t work.: I don’t have an Xbox but I still have an account to play Minecraft on Windows 10. I can’t play cross platform with friends because every time I try to change privacy settings I’m brought to Xbox...
  9. See of thieves on xcloud works incredibly with settings changes

in XboX Insiders
    See of thieves on xcloud works incredibly with settings changes: So, I have been having a minor issue with the right thumbstick in games on xcloud that you need to aim the camera, every other button would work perfectly fine but rts had resistence/delay....
  10. Can't get wireless to work, and I don't know how to change firewall settings.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't get wireless to work, and I don't know how to change firewall settings.: I'm on Xbox live and I can't get the wireless network to work. I've tried the password many times, and It keeps saying that my password is wrong. I know it is not. Don't know what to do....