To unlock the region lock of games when we are gifting to people

Discus and support To unlock the region lock of games when we are gifting to people in XBoX Sales and Promo to solve the problem; to unlock the region lock when we are trying to gift games to friends around the world there are most places where you can do the whole global codes... Discussion in 'XBoX Sales and Promo' started by darkestdragon64, Mar 30, 2019.

1. To unlock the region lock of games when we are gifting to people

to unlock the region lock when we are trying to gift games to friends around the world there are most places where you can do the whole global codes for games but why not do it on
    xbox even if it means spending a bit extra money just to be able to gift a new game to a friend via the xbox store

:)

darkestdragon64, Mar 30, 2019
  2. yobrizo Win User

They will have to use VPN from that country, but not if it is allowed by Microo
  3. Obsessive Power Win User

That's because your idea can't be implemented. There are a number of reasons for Locking games to regions:

1. Censorship and game ratings.

2. Tax. When you buy a game for someone In the same country, you're paying the required tax In your region for the game, plus whatever RRP the publisher has set for that region. The price is set by the Publisher, but the tax is a legal requirement.
  4. darkestdragon64 Win User

even if i put it to xbox ideas i have tried to post stuff on there less than 1 minute they get tuck down straight away so whats the point in putting it on there when it just gets deleted from a moderator on there that checks them
  5. H3PA80R Win User

There are many things that makes it not possible to do the gifting around the globe possible. There are different taxes and other things like the law of the country you live in. For example if you bought a US Version of a game with a setting in ww2 you
    have the correct insignias of the german soldiers. Those symbols are prohibited by german law. Hope that helps to understand why it wont work..
  6. Koods Win User

The problem being that once a code is issued it's not really possible to change what has been issued and as a result the code cannot be "unlocked".
Thema:

1. To unlock the region lock of games when we are gifting to people - Similar Threads - unlock region lock

2. I played Energy Cycle and achievements won't unlock even though I've completed the requirements

in XBoX on Consoles
    I played Energy Cycle and achievements won't unlock even though I've completed the requirements: Last year sometime i played a game called energy cycle. And i met all the requirements to get all the achievements but 2 achievements never unlocked. One for completing level 12 and one for level...
  3. Achievements on Windows Phone Unlock ingame, but won't show on my XBL profile.

in XBoX on Mobile
    Achievements on Windows Phone Unlock ingame, but won't show on my XBL profile.: I recently have been trying to complete Final Fantasy and get all the achievements for it, but the achievements I unlock aren't showing up on my Xbox Live profile. The gamerscore gets added to my...
  4. I unlocked 2 achievements before the game froze; will they stay unlocked?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I unlocked 2 achievements before the game froze; will they stay unlocked?: I know this is kind of a silly question, but I was playing an online match on Friday the 13th: The Game. During the match, I unlocked 2 achievements. My character died, but I remained in the match...
  5. Code Redeemed. Achievement NOT unlocked.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Code Redeemed. Achievement NOT unlocked.: I have just redeemed my Xbox One Day One achievement code on my Xbox on Oct 21. It showed it was redeemed successfully. I can see an new order with number [Mod Translation - PII] in my purchase...
  6. Achievements not unlocking for Final Fantasy 8 Remaster

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Achievements not unlocking for Final Fantasy 8 Remaster: Hi, I having trouble unlocking the Ifrit achievement or any other achievement. I restarted my console, I also uninstalled the game, I also tried to get Ifrit a few times and I also waited 72...
  7. Castaway achievement not unlocking on PE edition

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Castaway achievement not unlocking on PE edition: Hi I have been eating kelp for the past 3.5 hours so about 6 or 7 in game days and I have been unable to unlock the castaway achievement. I don't know if its some kinda of bug in the game but...
  8. débloquage d'un compte Microsoft [Translate] unlocking a Microsoft account

in XBoX Accessibility
    débloquage d'un compte Microsoft [Translate] unlocking a Microsoft account: jai etait banni a cause d'une qui a fait des achat dans mon compte [Translate by Mod] I was banned because of one who made purchases in my account 20841fc4-97b1-4b30-9c1c-f76c8bbd3612
  9. Cant unlock DLC because its not awalaible to my region...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cant unlock DLC because its not awalaible to my region...: please i have a big bag on you i got a gears of war 3 savage kantus code but it isnt awalaible for my region which is Slovakia pls unlock it for my region i would like it much much and also i cant...
  10. How to unlock region lock

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to unlock region lock: Is there a way to get games in america because i'm reigon locked and no one in HK plays bo2 b77e7bc2-e5cd-4f5a-b379-e3079e282e99