Too many authentication attempts

Discus and support Too many authentication attempts in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; In March my account got messed up and it was saying too many authentication attempts- Microsoft acknowledged that this was a server problem on their... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by RoBbiE G, May 9, 2019.

1. RoBbiE G
    RoBbiE G Guest

In March my account got messed up and it was saying too many authentication attempts- Microsoft acknowledged that this was a server problem on their end and was able to fix my account after about a week of trying. Now I am having the same problem (and
    no, it's not actually too many sign in attempts) but I can't get any help! The person I contacted on Friday has very poor grammar and I think they closed my case. I was told to fill out the ACSR form which I did and because I did not get a reply from them
    in 24 hours (even though it took longer in the past) I think he closed the case. I contacted someone else on Saturday that had me fill out the form again- I still have not heard back though! I got an email about 5 minutes after filling out the form saying
    your account is verified, change your password. I did and no such luck, still cannot access the account. I was told that this case would be escalated and still have not heard back. I've tried replying directly to the email from the agent and still nothing.
    I don't have time to sit in a chat for 2 hours at a time explaining this over and over and getting nowhere. Any tips? I can't request a call back because I am having to use my boyfriends account to even post this.

:)

RoBbiE G, May 9, 2019
  2. RoBbiE G RhYmEs-5091 Win User

I've tried multiple devices, multiple browsers and I've contacted support at least 5 times since last Thursday. It's a known issue that their engineers are working on but I find it very frustrating that it's taken me this long to get that reply out of
    them. I know my password, it's not actually a "too many attempts" situation.
  3. PalmettoBling Win User

Have you tried a different device or browser? Private mode browsing? If you were able to successfully change your password, you should have no issue getting in, I'm wondering if it's blocking access from that device specifically that might be causing the
    issue?

Other than that, it sounds like it might be best to reach out to
    Official Support
    and talk to them who can provide more specific information on your account and issues happening.
  4. Christyna64 Win User

You'll want to contact Microsoft before your account gets locked out for too many failed attempts.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/contactus/
  5. RoBbiE G RhYmEs-5091 Win User

To many authentication attemps

Yeah I noticed that you were also one of the people having the same problem in March. It's definitely a system problem and not an individual problem..
  6. BrokenAccount1111 Win User

To many authentication attemps

When I called them to report the same issue I gave the all my past case numbers and escalated my case right away. It's still not fixed unfortunately.

Also this is not a coincidence that we are experiencing the same issue again at the same time so it is clearly a system issue. If not I should play the lottery :) maybe I would have better luck than fixing my account.

I checked my old posts and you commented on them also in March.
Thema:

1. Too many authentication attempts - Similar Threads - Too many authentication

2. Nessun accesso troppi tentativi (No access too many attempts)

in XBoX Accessibility
    Nessun accesso troppi tentativi (No access too many attempts): Buonasera, e da giorni che il mio problema va avanti, non mi viene consentito l'accesso all'account con le credenziali che non ho mai scordato. vengo sempre riportato alla seguente schermata...
  3. I have too many devices on my account even though I only have 3 so I can't run a game

in XBoX on Windows
    I have too many devices on my account even though I only have 3 so I can't run a game: I cannot play Minecraft Windows 10 Edition because I have too many devices connected. Although I only have 3 devices connected and the limit is 20 altogether. I have tried deleting my old laptop...
  4. Troppi salvataggi Forza Horizon 3[Too many rescues Force Horizon 3]

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Troppi salvataggi Forza Horizon 3[Too many rescues Force Horizon 3]: "hai troppi file di questo tipo salvati. Eliminane alcuni dal tuo elenco di file prima di salvarne altri." Dove e come posso eliminare file in Forza Horizon 3? [Translation - "you have too many...
  5. Xbox one selections jump too many places.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one selections jump too many places.: So basically, when I am trying to select something, my xbox jumps 2 or more spaces . This happens in games, apps, and the home screen. I did a full reset of the console and used 2 different...
  6. Too many Xbox One X consoles randomly disconnecting from internet

in XBoX on Consoles
    Too many Xbox One X consoles randomly disconnecting from internet: I've posted in two other threads addressing this but I'd like to make another discussion topic about it in hopes to bring more attention to the widespread problem many are dealing with. I've been...
  7. How do I fix "Too many people have this as their home xbox"

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I fix "Too many people have this as their home xbox": I am trying to give my brother my games, as he finally got his own xbox but when I try to set his xbox as my home xbox, I get told that too many people have this as their home xbox do not have my...
  8. too many accounts have this signed as there home xbox?

in XBoX on Consoles
    too many accounts have this signed as there home xbox?: recently got an xbox one and when i try asign my account to home xbox it says too many account have this signed as the home xbox, i removed all account off the xbox and tried again but had the...
  9. Bingo needs to be revamped due to too many problems.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Bingo needs to be revamped due to too many problems.: MS please fix the current issues with MS Bingo. We are unable to access the game due to a flashing connection bar in the middle of the page, we can't redeem our gifts because the disappear or...
  10. Halo 4 matchmaking leave too many games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Halo 4 matchmaking leave too many games: playing halo 4 live on Xbox 360. Keeps giving me this message “You have left too many games recently. You won’t be able to re enter matchmaking for 60 minutes” except the thing is I haven’t left...