Too Much Tax Charged

Discus and support Too Much Tax Charged in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Twice now for purchases of $7.50 micrsoft has charged me $8.41 Tax in british columbia is 12% which means there should only be .90 cents but for some... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by RainbowGRRRL, Apr 13, 2018.

1. RainbowGRRRL
    RainbowGRRRL Guest

Too Much Tax Charged

Twice now for purchases of $7.50 micrsoft has charged me $8.41

Tax in british columbia is 12% which means there should only be .90 cents but for some reason they are skimming pennies off the top. This may seem trivial but if you consider the amount of people purchasing games that go on sale for $7.50 this would actually
    equate A LOT of money stolen from canadian customers who are unlikely to notice being overcharged a single penny.

This is grounds for a class action law suit as no doubt millions of dollars have been stolen from canadian users and microsoft needs to adjust their system to charge fair and appropriate taxes. Every other item i have purchased was charged 12% tax yet for
    some reason the $7.50 purchases come out to $8.41 when they should only be $8.40

i want my 2 cents back and microsoft needs to be accountable for all people affected by this error. I'm quite sure Bill Gates has enough money that microsoft does not need to skim pennies from our accounts. This is VERY frustrating.

:)

RainbowGRRRL, Apr 13, 2018
  2. Dirty Loco
    Dirty Loco Guest
    Why are we being taxed?

Microsoft make zero, zip, nada, nix, nothing, from tax, your government does. They also have no say in what taxes you may be charged or how much that tax is, your government does. They have no control over this, your government
    does.

Dirty Loco, Apr 13, 2018
  3. Cobra624
    Cobra624 Guest
    Tax on dlc [Mod Removed]!!!

So when did we start getting charged tax for dlc? I don't get charged tax for xbox music or Netflix ect.

Cobra624, Apr 13, 2018
  4. Megavolt480 Win User

They charge taxes....and how much?

Microsoft collects whatever your city/local/state government dictates them to collect. So whatever your sales tax is for the area in which you reside, is the same as what Microsoft collects.
  5. Smwutches Win User

800 MSP Enough For Battlefield Bad Co 2

It depends on if they charge you taxes on your purchase too.
  6. Jacyintha Win User

wtf

About the tax, it is only charged if you location charges tax for online purchases. Some states do not charge a tax if the company being bought from is out of state.
  7. Dirty Loco Win User

Why are we being taxed?

Microsoft make zero, zip, nada, nix, nothing, from tax, your government does. They also have no say in what taxes you may be charged or how much that tax is, your government does. They have no control over this, your government
    does.
  8. Gob1zku Win User

Dont make the same mistake I did...Xbox Admins. Must Read!!!!!!

Sounds like he had a Zune subscription in there too or a 3 month declined charge with tax that he is rounding up.
Thema:

Too Much Tax Charged

1. Too Much Tax Charged - Similar Threads - Too Much Tax

2. Too much storage!

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Too much storage!: Ok so here's what happened, so I was in the air with my elytra with my friends and all of a sudden it says too much storage. So I start to free up storage by deleting worlds I load in and it says...
  3. I think the Auto HDR for Neverwinter is a bit too much

in XboX Insiders
    I think the Auto HDR for Neverwinter is a bit too much: [IMG] submitted by /u/reforc3 [link] [comments]
  4. My Xbox Series S are taking too much to stop making noises and completely turn off.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox Series S are taking too much to stop making noises and completely turn off.: My Xbox Series S are taking too much time to turn completely off. He takes 1 minute to stop making noises and completely turn off. Is this normal? And I use the economic mode....
  5. My Xbox keeps freezing and won’t let me play too much the weather is bad outside the WiFi...

in XboX Insiders
    My Xbox keeps freezing and won’t let me play too much the weather is bad outside the WiFi...: submitted by /u/PimpdaddyD517 [link] [comments]
  6. CEC Volume changing by too much. (Xbox Series X)

in XboX Insiders
    CEC Volume changing by too much. (Xbox Series X): I know that there are folks out there who are having issues with their Series X being unable to control their TV volume via CEC at all, but I'm having the opposite problem—my console is jumping...
  7. GT change is way too much money

in XBoX Accessibility
    GT change is way too much money: Okay so I changed my name and I was go change it back because I liked it at the time for a little laugh so I go and change it back just to see its 9.99 that's absurd like its just a name change if...
  8. Xbox controller stopped working due to playing too much Forza?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox controller stopped working due to playing too much Forza?: Hello, Today I have played Forza Horizon 4. As always there were a lot of vibrations coming from the controller. I thought that was not an issue at all since I have left the settings on default...
  9. Cramming too much into "Manage and Full Library " is a huge step backwards

in XboX Insiders
    Cramming too much into "Manage and Full Library " is a huge step backwards: This new redesign of "Full Library and Manage" is pure garbage, it's nice to be able to quickly see what apps/games are getting updates, cramming it into a category isn't a great idea at all, it's...
  10. The new Xbox gamertag system features the gamertag numbers far too much.

in XboX Insiders
    The new Xbox gamertag system features the gamertag numbers far too much.: I recently discovered the new gamertag system. I could finally have any name that I wanted, awesome, it was about time. I changed my name, grabbed a month of gamepass for The Outer Worlds, fired...