Transfer a XBOX Live Account to another Live ID or email

Discus and support Transfer a XBOX Live Account to another Live ID or email in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I like many people have this problem. My son grew up playing xbox on my live id. In other words, his gamertag is linked to my email address.I have had... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by jkru(2), Oct 27, 2020.

1. jkru(2)
    jkru(2) Guest

I like many people have this problem.

My son grew up playing xbox on my live id. In other words, his gamertag is linked to my email address.I have had my email address since the beginning of time back in the late 90s when I worked for Microsoft (ironically on accounts in Windows Live / MSN).
    It is linked with my alumni, family, onedrive, skype etc. My son is grown up and i need to transfer his gamertag to him. I cannot make him primary on the account as that will allow him to login to all my services and not have his own subscriptions. Since i
    know a little how the backend works on this I need to decouple my passport user id from his xbox live profile / gamertag. Theoretically it can be done. I see countless people in the same situation.

Do not provide the "make him the primary at accounts.live.com" that doesn't work because my account which becomes seconday still shares the same password and services.

If I try to delete my account from access after making him primary it says the account will no longer be able to send or receive email. It is linked to every one of my financial institutions so that cannot work.

I want to take a new live id or email and provision his gamertag to it so i can carry on with life on my account. How do I do this?

:)

jkru(2), Oct 27, 2020
  2. Mequetrefi Win User

Parece que você encontrou um glitch no sistema.

Como faço pra transferir minha conta XBOX Live para outra conta Windows Live ID?

[mod translation: How can i transfer my
    Xbox Live account to another account
    to Windows Live ID?]
  3. Smwutches Win User

Can you transfer your Account to a different email address?

4. GrindstoneJohn Win User

Xbox live id will not change

Sign in using your Xbox LIVE gamertag.

Go to Settings, and then select Account.

Go to Your Information and then select Windows Live ID.

Select Change Windows Live ID.

Do one of the following:

If you have another Windows Live ID, select Yes.

If you do not have another Windows Live ID, go to Windows Live Sign In, and click Sign up. Once you have another Windows Live ID, select Yes and continue with the next step.

Note Your Microsoft Points balance will automatically be transferred to the new Windows Live ID.

Enter the password for the Windows Live ID that is currently associated with your gamertag, and then select Sign in.

Enter the email address and the password for the new Windows Live ID that you want to associate with your gamertag, and then select Sign in.

Select Yes, change to change the Windows Live ID associated with your Xbox LIVE account.

Select Update Contact Information to update your contact information or Done to finish.
  5. Obsessive Power Win User

Xbox.com Login!

6. Darth Destroyer Win User

Wrong Email on Account

Switch your gamertag to a different Windows Live ID (email)

You can change the Windows LIVE ID (email) associated with your gamertag. Here’s how:

1. Sign in using your Xbox LIVE gamertag.

2. Go to Settings, and then select Account.

[​IMG]

3. Go to Your Information and then select Windows Live ID.

4. Select Change Windows Live ID.

Do one of the following:

If you have another Windows Live ID, select Yes.

If you do not have another Windows Live ID, go to Windows Live Sign In, and click Sign up. Once you have another Windows Live ID, select Yes and continue with the next step.

Note: Your Microsoft Points balance will automatically be transferred to the new Windows Live ID.

5. Enter the password for the Windows Live ID that is currently associated with your gamertag, and then select Sign in.

6. Enter the email address and the password for the new Windows Live ID that you want to associate with your gamertag, and then select Sign in.

7. Select Yes, change to change the Windows Live ID associated with your Xbox LIVE account.

8. Select Update Contact Information to update your contact information or Done to finish.

Notes

When you change your Windows Live ID, your Microsoft Points are automatically transferred to the new Windows Live ID.

You can make only one Windows Live ID change for a given gamertag every 30 days.

Before you can change the Windows Live ID associated with a child account, you must provide the Windows Live ID information for the adult account with parental control.

You can choose to require or not require your Windows Live ID password to sign into Xbox LIVE. For more information on how to do this, see Password-protect
    your Xbox LIVE profile

Hope this helps :)
Thema:

1. Transfer a XBOX Live Account to another Live ID or email - Similar Threads - Transfer Live Account

2. Purchased and redeemed an Xbox Gold Live card, can it be transferred to my sons account?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Purchased and redeemed an Xbox Gold Live card, can it be transferred to my sons account?: I purchased an xbox card from Walgreens, then I entered the code while logged into my Microsoft account on my pc. Is there a way to transfer it to my son's xbox account on his console?...
  3. Xbox live account transfer help

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox live account transfer help: Help. Years ago when my brother first got a xbox 360 and i had to sign him up to live i used my email address for him as was fastest way to setup. Now he in his 20s he wants the account to...
  4. Transferring saved game play to a new Xbox live account. Is this possible?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Transferring saved game play to a new Xbox live account. Is this possible?: Two people have used the same xbox account for a number of years. One of the players wants their own account. Will Microsoft/Game developer allow saved game data to be moved to a new account? I...
  5. Transfer my Xbox Live account to another email address.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Transfer my Xbox Live account to another email address.: Hi, my brother and I have always played on the same Xbox Live account, the email address is mine. Recently I stopped playing and my brother decided to move from the house and he want to switch our...
  6. Transfer xbox live to seperate account

in XBoX on Consoles
    Transfer xbox live to seperate account: I have two microsoft accounts. One that I use for xbox and one that I use for file storage etc. I would like to only use the account that I currently use for file storage. The account I use for...
  7. Transfer xbox live account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Transfer xbox live account: I have 2 microsoft accounts. One is my daily driver for office 365 and pretty much everything else. I also have an xbox live account. i want to move all my info from my xbox live account to my...
  8. Can you transfer Xbox live gold to another account?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can you transfer Xbox live gold to another account?: My daughter locked herself out of her entire xbox by forgetting all of her login info....so she created a whole new account. Problem is, i pay for her xbox live subscription on the one thats...
  9. New Xbox Live Account and transferring games/data

in XBoX on Consoles
    New Xbox Live Account and transferring games/data: So we have an Xbox live account, which my son has been using. My husband has decided to start using it again, so now my son has to get his own. However, he has a few years worth of games and data...
  10. What Happens if Your Xbox LIVE Account Were to be Banned? Can you Transfer Over, get...

in XboX Insiders
    What Happens if Your Xbox LIVE Account Were to be Banned? Can you Transfer Over, get...: I'm curious mainly because I wonder, what happens to all of those games you bought digitally? Let's say, theoretically, one is banned for trash talking, modding, or something else that goes...