Transfer and replace a Gamertag, delete old account

Discus and support Transfer and replace a Gamertag, delete old account in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Hi i tried to figure out how to solve my problem by reading FAQs, chatting and telephoning with the support and read through old board entries. But... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by HarryHirn, Jun 24, 2021.

1. HarryHirn
    HarryHirn Guest

Hi

i tried to figure out how to solve my problem by reading FAQs, chatting and telephoning with the support and read through old board entries.

But no success.

My szenario:

Account 1:

"Gamertag1" taken by an very old (early 2000) account created with hotmail and used for games, has friendslist and achievments.

Account forgotten and unused.

Account 2:

Actual Microsoft Account for Windows and Office, payments and abonnements present.

"Accidentally created a "Gamertag2" by using the Microsoft Store.

Now i would like "Gamertag2" to be deleted and use "Gamertag1" in my Account2.

The best scenario would be to transfer Gamertag1 to Account2 with all the friends and achievements.

Chat and telephone support were unable to do this or to understand me.

Does anyone know if it is possible?

And if, how?

If not, is the last option to rename "Gamertag1" to somewhat else , than rename my Account2 gamertag to "Gamertag1"?

Will the gamertag be free'd up?

Friends and achievements will be lost, i know.

Thank you.

:)

HarryHirn, Jun 24, 2021
  2. HarryHirn Win User

hey, thanks for the fast reply!

but honestly am i the only one wishing to transfer a gamertag?

for me it is not very 2021 like how Microsoft set this whole account thing up...
  3. ngocphi Win User

Only the last.option will work

Of course you will have to sign into.that profile to change the name then wait a few days or possibly a couple hours to change the name

On the second account

Keep in mind when you attempt to change the name watch if it issues a hash tag if it does the servers haven't refreshed yet so please wait till the name is cleared without hashtags

I t could take anywhere from an hour to a few days that's why I m saying watch when you confirm the change it will warn you before you confirm
  4. TootieHorizon26 Win User

0x80a40014 Account Blocked - can't marry up existing gamertag to original account

The is the new profile gamertag associated with the account and we need to remove it and replace with old gamertag.
  5. SteelyPenny1053 Win User

Account Doesn't Exists?

kinda same issue here.

so two years ago i deleted my ms account now two years late got a xbox one and created a new account but now i want my old gamertag back so thinking my old account had been deleted i tried to change my gamertag to my old gamertag but got a message that
    "that gamertag has already been taken" then i searched about that gamertag and found out that my old account hadnt been deleted yet and then when i tried to log in to my old account it said " there is no account by that email address". so i guess that old
    ms account got deleted but not the xbl account as i can still see my old gamertag,acchivement,account description and all.so is there any way to recover that old xbl account or the gamertag now by deleting that old xbl account so that gamertag be available
    to put in my new account?

im searching for a solution too.let me know if u find one.
  6. Jheychh Win User

DLC transfers

On my new xbox I've redeemed my old account but I've changed the gamertag, I'm wanting to transfer games ext from my old xbox to the new one but the data is owned by my old gamertag can I still transfer from the old gamertag to my new one ??
Thema:

1. Transfer and replace a Gamertag, delete old account - Similar Threads - Transfer replace Gamertag

2. How can transfer files (mainly images) from OneDrive to my Xbox One S?

in XBoX on Windows
    How can transfer files (mainly images) from OneDrive to my Xbox One S?: I had tried & look up multiple methods to do transfer a image to my Xbox from my OneDrive. Is there a way to make this easier for me.. ☹️ eb7f3e6d-e780-4e23-b205-54aa56337f6f
  3. Xbox series transfer

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series transfer: I need to get my game disk and downloads back on my Xbox s. I wasn’t able to get them directly transferred from my Xbox One. I can’t play any of them and they’re followed with a “please download...
  4. Bedrock to Bedrock transfer via Minecraft Realms "stalls" during replace world/upload attempt.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Bedrock to Bedrock transfer via Minecraft Realms "stalls" during replace world/upload attempt.: I have a world on my Kindle Fire copy of Minecraft Bedrock and want to use Realms to transfer it to my Nintendo Switch copy of Minecraft Bedrock. When I go to use the replace world option the...
  5. Unknown Error. Bedrock to Bedrock transfer via Realms "stalls" during replace world/upload ...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unknown Error. Bedrock to Bedrock transfer via Realms "stalls" during replace world/upload ...: I have a world on my Kindle Fire copy of Minecraft Bedrock. I want to upload that world to Realms so I can download it onto my Nintendo Switch copy of Minecraft Bedrock. Whenever I try to use the...
  6. License transfer problems because of faulty replaced Xbox

in XBoX Games and Apps
    License transfer problems because of faulty replaced Xbox: I had gotten a new Xbox 360 slim, and it worked fine. I transferred my license over to it and a couple months later, it dies on me, so I replace it through Microsoft. Now it seems that was an...
  7. License transfer after replacement console

in XBoX Games and Apps
    License transfer after replacement console: Hi, Today I received my replacement Xbox One console after sending it in for a loud fan noise. On my old conole I purchased both Forza 5 and Peggle 2 with my Xbox Live account, and my girlfriend...
  8. transfer to replacement xbox 360

in XBoX on Consoles
    transfer to replacement xbox 360: I have a xbox 360 elite which has become noisy and won't play discs. I want to replace it but don't know what will be involved in the process. can I transfer the hard disc to a new machine. what...
  9. Xbox one replacement-How do I transfer all of my content...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one replacement-How do I transfer all of my content...: Due to some controller issues, I am receiving a replacement Xbox One for my existing one under warranty. My question is how do I transfer all of the content from my old X1 to the new without...
  10. Advice for transferring data from old xbox one to replacement.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Advice for transferring data from old xbox one to replacement.: So my xbox one won't read discs anymore but everything else works. They are sending me a new one though. I am wondering what is best way to transfer everything from my old xbox to the new one. I...