Transfer games and game history to another account

Discus and support Transfer games and game history to another account in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Our 18-year old is leaving home and wants to take his xbox games and game history with him. Is there was way to transfer games and data to another... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by ii19499, May 4, 2021 at 7:52 PM.

1. ii19499
    ii19499 Guest

Our 18-year old is leaving home and wants to take his xbox games and game history with him. Is there was way to transfer games and data to another account (in order to retain other home users games and game progress.

:)

2. Ash_01 Win User

Hi Smwuthces,

On April 3 2020 someone was asking about MIDNIGHT CLUB LA COMPLETE EDITION for 360 not being able to purchase it on there Xbox one..

You gave an answer that the game is delisted and no longer being sold.

Im sorry to say you are wrong and this game as I write this can Be PURCHASED digitally right now on Xbox.com and can be installed on my Xbox one or Series X perfectly!

You told them the game is delisted and no option to buy it would be there.. That is incorrect and if you look now that game can be bought on Xbox.com for $14.99 and be installed on the later consoles....

If at the time you wrote your answer it was not available for some odd reason then you should UPDATE the answer since it is available right now.

I am wondering if you even checked to see if this game was delisted or you just assumed it because if you look right now you can buy it for $14.99!

Since these answers stay online like forever then leaving the wrong answer for others to think its not available Im sorry to say is just not good help. It is available now.
  3. Obsessive Power Win User

Hi Smwuthces,

Since these answers stay online like forever then leaving the wrong answer for others to think its not available Im sorry to say is just not good help. It is available now.
    At the time of the posting the information was correct, it was delisted. Since Smwuthces is a Moderator and an Ambassador they reply to topics frequently here, updating every reply with new information just isn't possible.

I believe Midnight Club LA was removed for a time due to a licensing issue, can't be sure though.
  4. Smwutches Win User

Nothing can be transferred between accounts.
  5. Mister Gwyther Win User

Missing Licences .

When you are "picking" games, that is just to download the actual game files. When doing the License Transfer, ALL licenses are transferred to the new console. That's why I'm wondering if these games were originally purchased with another account. Try going
    to your Download History, either under Account Management on the console or here on the web (live.xbox.com/.../History), and see if you find the game(s) you are looking for listed there.
    If not, it wasn't purchased on this account.
  6. maxen Win User

Help! Lost a game and its not on my Download History!

Transferring licences is to make content work on a new console, it doesn't suddenly add stuff into your Download History.

The most likely reason for this is that you originally bought the game using another account. You need to be signed into that one and then go through the download history.
Thema:

1. Transfer games and game history to another account - Similar Threads - Transfer games game

2. Transferring game data to another gamertag in family account

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Transferring game data to another gamertag in family account: Hi, My child has been playing games on my account but now has her own. How do I transfer the game data to her gamertag? I presume I'm not the first person to encounter this. If it's not a...
  3. Transferring saved game data

in XBoX on Consoles
    Transferring saved game data: My teenager has her own Microsoft account, but prior to that started playing Minecraft on Xbox One on my account; she's a huge Minecraft fan, has built huge worlds, and now wants to continue on...
  4. transferring or migrate current game from one computer to another

in XBoX Games and Apps
    transferring or migrate current game from one computer to another: I've been playing treasure hunt for a while now and have a new computer and I want to migrate my current level of the game to the new computer. How do I do that?...
  5. Is there a way to transfer a save file from X360 but of an original xbox game to the newer...

in XboX Insiders
    Is there a way to transfer a save file from X360 but of an original xbox game to the newer...: I have a 360 with save files for an original xbox game (Ninja Gaiden Black, which I'd like to play on the series x). When I access the save files, I am not given any options to copy or move the...
  6. Game memory transferring

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game memory transferring: I just got the new xbox series S and its amazing but their is a problem i have downloaded destiny 2 and the memory of my prior purcheses have not transferred like the latest expasion pact beyond...
  7. Transferring games from xbox one to xbox series x

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Transferring games from xbox one to xbox series x: I just got my new series x and perfect timing for my microsoft account to get locked for too many log in attempts. Can't get into it, can't get into xbox, nothing. Made a new account and can play...
  8. Says that I don't own the game when I network transfer game to new gen from old gen

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Says that I don't own the game when I network transfer game to new gen from old gen: Recently I got a new gen xbox, and I wanted to play borderlands 3 on it. I went to the Microsoft store to download, because for whatever reason it didn't show up in my games and apps, and it said...
  9. Network Transfer from One to Series X not working with some games

in XboX Insiders
    Network Transfer from One to Series X not working with some games: I'm transferring games from my Xbox One to my Series X and all but two of have transferred over fine, Fallout 4 and Halo 5. They just keep getting installation stopped messages. I've looked up...
  10. Transfer Xbox Game Bar from user to another

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Transfer Xbox Game Bar from user to another: Hello, so recently I've updated windows 10 but I noticed Xbox game bar was fully broken. I created another user account and tried to run Xbox game bar, surprisingly it worked. But now I'm asking...