Transfer of Gamertags Across Microsoft Accounts

Discus and support Transfer of Gamertags Across Microsoft Accounts in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I know this has been posted on here and I know fine well that it is not within the forum operators or support operators power to do this either. We... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Hedgehog1039, Jun 29, 2019.

1. Hedgehog1039
    Hedgehog1039 Guest

I know this has been posted on here and I know fine well that it is not within the forum operators or support operators power to do this either.

We NEED a way to transfer gamertags. It is a significant issue that directly negatively impacts the users experience on the PC and Xbox platforms.

It is also a major hurdle which is causing me to not purchase games and products through microsoft (in turn causing me to miss out on things that I really want to take part in or buy).

For me, and many others this is a significant issue and I have some evidence to show that this problem is widespread (all links are forum discussions within the last 7 days).

I believe the number of people returning to Xbox for the advent of The Scarlett and Halo: Infinite that will experience this issue will grow rapidly over the course of the next year.

This sorely needs to be addressed. I have been told that my support chat would be "marked so that higher up employees may see it" which just leaves us in a waiting game for sonething that may or may not get addressed.

Here are the links to the other discussions:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/xbox/forum/all/why-cant-i-transfer-my-xbox-account-or-change/1ac50ff4-1865-43e5-a1da-ae1b04637192

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/xbox/forum/all/transferer-un-compte-xbox-sur-un-autre-compte/0e301a88-1838-41f7-a0ec-1020de58a1da

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/xbox/forum/all/how-to-change-a-profile-to-my-xbox-account/a4302508-cb13-4738-a0ca-125288637b56

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/xbox/forum/all/help-i-want-delete-this-xbox-account/8ff95f7e-6da9-4fb1-abe2-51d593504f8a

Can someone Please shed some light on this issue and get us sone communication from higher up?

Thank you for reading.

:)

Hedgehog1039, Jun 29, 2019
  2. Hedgehog1039 Win User

Neither do I.

Which is a real shame because it has totally screwed up my ability to make use of the systems properly including not being able to just purchase one Xbox game pass that spans the two platforms which I was intending to do and many other frustrating issues.
  3. Hedgehog1039 Win User

If you read the first link, you will see my post and understand the situation.

In terms of security, I have access to everything associated with both accounts, emails, phones numbers etc.

It would be easy to prove it is all mine. If Microsoft could do it on their end, even better.

The issue is causing me a bunch of problems that cant be fixed. Both accounts run a microsoft email address (which means I cant change them).

the gamertag I want has lots of histort and content on it but it is tied to an unused email address.

The other account is important and is used for everything else I do in life.

This issue has causEd me to lose the ability to have my PC and xbox linked meaning I will have to deal with a bunch of problems including buying games twice if I want to play them on each platform or having to constantly juggle accounts.

Thanks for the reply though.
  4. AngelObullets Win User

Hi there Hedgehog1039

You can post the idea on the user voice page linked, But transferring gamertag data and stuff can have so many issues that can be raised like someone literally stealing the account and of course, how difficult it would be to prove you are the right owner.
    That is most likely why there isn't a way to do it, You can change the email address but that is an alias connection way.
  5. Gimpy_P Win User

I guess I'm not understanding the NEED to move the gamertag. I can see how doing so could open up a big can of worms. You would need to prove the original account with the gamer tag you want transferred belongs to you. If you can do that why not just log
    into the account and change the gamertag and then change it over on the "new" account, but if you have access to the original account why move it at all.
  6. M3tal Daz3 Win User

You can't transfer gtags among different accounts. If you have a suggestion or opinion on the matter you can use the feedback site:
    https://xboxideas.uservoice.com/
Thema:

1. Transfer of Gamertags Across Microsoft Accounts - Similar Threads - Transfer Gamertags Across

2. Transferring sons Xbox gamertag from my Hotmail account to my Xbox .gmail account.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Transferring sons Xbox gamertag from my Hotmail account to my Xbox .gmail account.: Hello, I have had two XboxLive accounts running side by side. My first account was set up aeons ago on Xbox360 using my *** Die E-Mail-Adresse wurde aus Datenschutzgründen entfernt. ***. This...
  3. Can I transfer my gamertag to a different Microsoft account?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can I transfer my gamertag to a different Microsoft account?: I've had my GT linked to my parents email since I was super young, and now I'd like to transfer it to my email. Is there any basic way I can do this without going through a ton of support or...
  4. Transferência de Gamertag XBOX para outro Email. [Edit - Translation] - Transfer from...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Transferência de Gamertag XBOX para outro Email. [Edit - Translation] - Transfer from...: Olá, Eu usava uma conta Xbox em um Email de um responsável, e gostaria de (se possível) transferir os conteúdos da conta para o meu Email que estou usando agora. Eu não sei se é possível mas se...
  5. Transfer Parent's GamerTag to Child

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Transfer Parent's GamerTag to Child: Has there been any progress on this apparently long-standing issue with the fact that many children start their XBox experience using their parents Microsoft Account, but ultimately need to have...
  6. Transferring Gamertag from one Microsoft account to another

in XBoX on Consoles
    Transferring Gamertag from one Microsoft account to another: Hello, I want to transfer my Gamertag from my Microsoft account to my son's microsoft account. Is this even possible? Thnk you. d3a462be-8019-41f2-925d-332022edd551
  7. Will we be able to transfer our Gamertag and all of it's Achievements to Xbox Scarlett?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Will we be able to transfer our Gamertag and all of it's Achievements to Xbox Scarlett?: I'd love to keep my Gamertag since it's the same one I have had since 2006. Is there currently any information about transferring our Gamertags to this new Xbox console?...
  8. Gamertag Transfer

in XBoX Accessibility
    Gamertag Transfer: Hi im asking if its possible to transfer an Xbox account to a different email as my old 360 account was created in my dads email however with the arrival of Halo on PC i would like to have my old...
  9. transfer gamertag from one microsoft account to another microsoft account?

in XBoX on Consoles
    transfer gamertag from one microsoft account to another microsoft account?: Many years ago we created a Microsoft Account in order for our son, who was very young at the time, to be able to use his Xbox. He is now 21 and wants to move his gamertag over to his own account...
  10. Why Can't I transfer a GamerTag and associated purchases to a new email?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why Can't I transfer a GamerTag and associated purchases to a new email?: So 7 or 8 years ago I set up a GamerTag for my sons xbox under my email, because at the time I either didn't know about Microsoft family or it didn't exist. Every game achievement, etc, associated...