Transfering Xbox One hard copy games to Xbox series S (smart delivery)

Discus and support Transfering Xbox One hard copy games to Xbox series S (smart delivery) in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Recently purchased a series s console and still own old unit xb1, had purchased discs for xb1 (cyberpunk 2077 and watch dogs legion) and have tried to... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Briftg25, Sep 9, 2021.

1. Briftg25
    Briftg25 Guest

Recently purchased a series s console and still own old unit xb1, had purchased discs for xb1 (cyberpunk 2077 and watch dogs legion) and have tried to install on new unit by network transfer. I realise that cyberpunk is STILL awaiting next gen upgrade and Watch Dogs has been upgraded already but can not run game on series s at all.

:)

Briftg25, Sep 9, 2021
  2. Smwutches Win User

Xbox 1 to Xbox series x/s

Yes. Xbox One games will be backwards compatible with the Series S/X. There are also games like Valhalla and Cold War that support Smart Delivery. With Smart Delivery, you can buy the games now on the One and you'll be able to download the Series S/X version
    for free.
  3. RainingRoses Win User

Smart Delivery

Hello,

Yes, Xbox one games that support Smart Delivery will just have to be purchased once. If you purchase the Xbox one version of a game, you’ll receive the Series X|S version (and vice versa) when you upgrade.

Smart Delivery for Xbox Series X|S FAQ

https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2020/06/15/what-is-smart-delivery-xbox-series-x/

Another good page explaining Smart Delivery, along with the current list of games that support it:

https://www.techradar.com/uk/news/xbox-smart-delivery-explained

Smart Delivery applies to both digital games and physical disks and your game progress will carry over, as normal, when you upgrade your console.

You also don’t need to do anything in terms of choosing a version to download, the system will automatically take care of that for you.

I hope this information helps, happy gaming! :)
  4. Smwutches Win User

You would have to purchase the games digitally in order to be able to play them on the Series S. Otherwise, the disc has to be in the drive in order to play the games and since the Series S doesn't have a disc drive, that wouldn't be possible.
  5. ArminatorX Win User

Xbox Series X compatability

Microsoft introduces "Smart Delivery" with the Xbox Series X, which means, that if you own an existing game (like Minecraft in your example, or Gears 5) or a new game comes out for Xbox One and Xbox Series X with improved graphics on Series X, you won't
    have to buy the game twice.

With Smart Delivery you will play the "enhanced" version on Series X, and the "normal" version on Xbox One.

For more info about Smart Delivery and other terms used with the Series X check this page: https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2020/03/16/xbox-series-x-glossary/
  6. fraserlamont Win User

xbox home box multi-generation

Reading the quote below, gives me the impression I can use the same login across both XB1 and X/S:

source

Xbox Series X: Buy A Game Once and Play the Best Version Across Generations with Smart Delivery - Xbox Wire

emphases (italic, underline) mine:

• When Halo Infinite launches alongside Xbox Series X and Xbox One this holiday, you only have to buy the game once and you’ll get the best version for whichever console you own, or both.
      If you pick up Xbox Series X for your living room, Smart Delivery will recognize that and deliver you the Optimized version there. If you decide to move your existing Xbox One to a bedroom or the office, Smart Delivery
      will recognize that too and deliver that version when you’re playing on Xbox One
Thema:

1. Transfering Xbox One hard copy games to Xbox series S (smart delivery) - Similar Threads - Transfering hard copy

2. Can you put a game from pc onto a hard drive and transfer it on Xbox?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can you put a game from pc onto a hard drive and transfer it on Xbox?: I've been thinking if there are possible solutions to swap GTA 5 from PC to Xbox and I'm getting desperate.If you can leave a reply thank you. 654879b9-ba18-445b-b47d-bfe3377d76d6
  3. [NEED QUICK ANWSER] Transfer data from X1 to Hard Drive while Black Screen

in XBoX on Consoles
    [NEED QUICK ANWSER] Transfer data from X1 to Hard Drive while Black Screen: I have a problem with my xbox since today's update: Stuck at Black Screen, after all solution failing, i founded a new one that i didn't want to use: Factory Reset... Sadly i think its the only...
  4. Transferring Games Between External Hard Drives with PC

in XBoX on Consoles
    Transferring Games Between External Hard Drives with PC: I have an external hard drive attached to my Xbox One that I think is dying. It has had difficulty loading and installing games lately, and on a few occasions, the Xbox would not turn on while the...
  5. Damaged Xbox one hard drive transfer

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Damaged Xbox one hard drive transfer: I have a damaged Xbox One with an intact Hard drive. Can I transfer all of my data and game info to my Xbox One X via the hard drive if I have not backed it up prior? I have removed the old Xbox...
  6. Xbox 360 Elite Hard Drive Transfer Question

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 Elite Hard Drive Transfer Question: Can I use my 120GB HDD from my Xbox 360 Elite system on another 360 Elite system and still have all of my data intact? 559b0236-cbe0-40c9-8871-a216d840e56a
  7. What if my broken hard get transfer to a new one will i lose everything including my accounts

in XBoX on Consoles
    What if my broken hard get transfer to a new one will i lose everything including my accounts: My xbox hard drive is broken so i wanted to know if i transer the old hard drive to a new one will it save everything and my brother account on it because i forgot my brothers account info because...
  8. Can I use an Xbox One S Seagate hard drive to transfer my games to a Series X when I get it?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can I use an Xbox One S Seagate hard drive to transfer my games to a Series X when I get it?: I have an 8 terabyte Seagate external hard drive that I store all my games on for my Xbox One S, and I was wondering if I could plug it into my new Xbox Series X when it comes out and have all my...
  9. Is there a way to transfer the games you bought digitally to a Hard copy?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Is there a way to transfer the games you bought digitally to a Hard copy?: Hello, I am going to get straight to the point. Is there a way to buy, or get, a tangible copy of games you've bought digitally? I have been getting worried about losing my account due to other...
  10. Can't transfer or copy game saved data from internal hard drive to external hard drive.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't transfer or copy game saved data from internal hard drive to external hard drive.: Hello everyone! I had to get an external hard drive because I ran out of space on my Xbox One (for some reason it only came with 365 GB of internal hard drive space). However, I transferred all...