Transferring Content Licenses

Discus and support Transferring Content Licenses in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; A couple of years ago, I purchased the family pack for myself, my wife, and our two boys. Over time, items were purchased on all 4 accounts depending... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by InflatedNumber, Jan 21, 2014.

1. Transferring Content Licenses

A couple of years ago, I purchased the family pack for myself, my wife, and our two boys. Over time, items were purchased on all 4 accounts depending on birthdays, rewards, etc.

My wife passed away in August of last year, and I would like to cancel and remove her account from the Xbox so it is not a daily reminder to the boys, but there are several items that were purchased by her. I am not interested in transfering achevments or
    saves, just the purchased items.

Is there any way to merge or transfer the information and delete her account?

:)

InflatedNumber, Jan 21, 2014
  2. DLC Content Failing (Please Read)

Confirmed: Re-downloading the DLC after transferring Content Licenses fixes this issue.

AnObsoleteUser, Jan 21, 2014
  3. My DLC will not work.

I suggest deleting all the content, license transferring then re-downloading all your content.

- Problem Solved Transferring Content Licenses :D

Generation-40F0983E-9B4C-45BD-A312-CDF04AE0A6BB, Jan 21, 2014
  4. iNb4 Ownage
    iNb4 Ownage Guest

Hey there InflatedNumber!

-

Terribly sorry to hear about your loss and hope you're making it through the hard times! Transferring Content Licenses :( It is possible. When someone on the Xbox purchases something, that comes with two licenses; a console license, and an account license. So, anyone on the console
    can still play the games that your wife purchased as long as you are playing on the console that your wife purchased that games from. ;-)

-

You can delete an account by going to Settings>System Settings>Memory/Storage>Select the Memory Unit or HD that your wife's profile is on, select "Profiles">Delete Profile Only

iNb4 Ownage, Jan 21, 2014
  5. jcr442 Win User

downloaded content

Ok but this what it says at the support site

"Transfer content licenses

You can transfer content licenses from one console to another once every four months.

If your console was recently repaired, or if you’ve purchased a new console, use the license transfer option on your console to transfer content licenses. Here’s how:

On your console, sign in to Xbox LIVE using the gamertag that you used to purchase the content.

Go to the Settings, and then select Account.

Go to Your Billing Options, and then select License Transfer.

Follow the on-screen instructions to transfer the content licenses.

After the licenses are transferred, you need to download the content again to update the local licenses. This way the content can be used by other profiles on your console and when you’re not connected to Xbox LIVE.

this last sentence says any profile can use the content as long as you did a " transfer content licenses' i did and license transfer and the DLC does not work
  6. Smwutches Win User

Digital Game Keeps Downloading Corrupted

License transfers will only transfer licenses between console. It doesn't transfer licenses between accounts. There is no way to transfer content between accounts.
  7. Smwutches Win User

Previously downloaded content not on xbox

Purple - A license transfer would not be possible because the account is banned and license transfers do not transfer licenses between accounts. There is no way to transfer content between accounts.
  8. Smwutches Win User

Cannot play DLC on another NON-LIVE profile after transfer.

Did you redownload the content after you did the license transfer or did you transfer it with the hard drive? After the license transfer you have to redownload the content.
  9. brandiesel1 Win User

Problems with license transfer

Hi,

Click the link
    Digital Rights Management
    for help. Maybe there was a problem with the license.

How do I obtain licenses for content?

Licenses are automatically acquired when you download content. If a license is missing or has become corrupted, you can access the download history on your Xbox 360 console and redownload that content to reacquire a license. This process refreshes existing
    licenses and does not transfer licenses to a new console, unless the license transfer tool was used first.

Also in that link is below:

Transfer content licenses

You can transfer content licenses from one console to another once every four months.

If your console was recently repaired, or if you’ve purchased a new console, use the license transfer option on your console to transfer content licenses. Here’s how:

1. On your console, sign in to Xbox LIVE using the gamertag that you used to purchase the content.
    2. Go to the Settings, and then select Account.
    3. Go to Your Billing Options, and then select License Transfer.
    4. Follow the on-screen instructions to transfer the content licenses.
    After the licenses are transferred, you need to download the content again to update the local licenses. This way the content can be used by other profiles on your console and when you’re not connected to Xbox LIVE.

For information about how to download previously purchased content, please see Buy and redownload content from Xbox LIVE.
Thema:

1. Transferring Content Licenses - Similar Threads - Transferring Content Licenses

2. DLC/License Content Transfer Xbox One

in XBoX on Consoles
    DLC/License Content Transfer Xbox One: Ok. I have seen many posts related to this, but I'd like a definitive answer. Here goes: Started with an Xbox one, and 3 separate accounts on the console 1. Dad (live gold). All Games and DLC...
  3. Transfer license content

in XBoX Accessibility
    Transfer license content: My son accidentally created an Xbox one account linked to my email account and purchased hundreds of $$s of content (using his savings). I want to transfer all of his purchases to be accessible...
  4. Can content that has been license transferred through 360 be moved to xbox one?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can content that has been license transferred through 360 be moved to xbox one?: I have many games on my 360 that I enjoy playing that have been license transferred to me. A few games have recently become backwards compatible that I want to transfer onto my xbox one, but those...
  5. Trouble with content license transfer after exchanging defective hardware

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Trouble with content license transfer after exchanging defective hardware: I recently purchased a 360 console and transferred my content licenses. Within 24 hours, the hard drive failed and I had to exchange it for another console. I am currently unable to transfer the...
  6. License transfer all content?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    License transfer all content?: I just got a 2nd console & I had a question about license transfers. Can I transfer the license of specific content to my new console (as apposed to everything I've bought) so that the selected...
  7. Do I have to re-download all content after license transfer?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Do I have to re-download all content after license transfer?: So I transferred my licenses to my new console, it told me that the service had registered the transfer but that for the transfer to work on the console, I would have to re-download my content. I...
  8. Xbox 360 to Xbox one license transferred content

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 to Xbox one license transferred content: Okay so from what I have searched on google I am rather infuriated right now. So y'all are telling me that I just spent over $150 and I can't transfer my DLC from my 360 for Forza Horzion because...
  9. Transfer over all saved progress when you transfer the content licenses

in XBoX on Consoles
    Transfer over all saved progress when you transfer the content licenses: I wish you were able to transfer over all of your saved progress from your old profile to a brand new profile when you transfer over the content licenses 06d99ef3-17d2-40b8-a9e0-44bac8caba18
  10. Transferring Content (not 'License Transfer') Multiple Times Within One Month? - Xbox ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Transferring Content (not 'License Transfer') Multiple Times Within One Month? - Xbox ...: Hi everyone! I have a quick question that I'd be really grateful of help with regarding content transfer between Xbox 360's (not license transfer). Backstory if it helps, if not skip to bottom...