Transferring data from USB

Discus and support Transferring data from USB in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I'm attempting to transfer old data from my 360 using a USB stick. The Xbox one is recognizing that the USB is plugged in, however it is not reading... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by rbBY, May 16, 2019.

1. rbBY
    rbBY Guest

I'm attempting to transfer old data from my 360 using a USB stick. The Xbox one is recognizing that the USB is plugged in, however it is not reading the game data on the USB. What's going on?

:)

2. Smwutches Win User

No problem. Just bear in mind that only games that are backwards compatible will be available. You can view a list of backwards compatible games here.
  3. FreakRoach Win User

4. Smwutches Win User

The only way to transfer data between the 360 and the One is the cloud. If it's the actual game, you would need to redownload it on the One.
  5. rbBY Win User

Okay thank you very much! My 360 is broken and I stupidly already got rid of it, so it looks like my save data is dead, but as long as I can redownload my DLC without having to pay for it again I'll be happy!
  6. Smwutches Win User

You would redownload it. Basically anything that was purchased through the Xbox store would be redownloaded. Any game saves would need to be saved to the cloud and will sync up when you start the game on the One.
Thema:

1. Transferring data from USB - Similar Threads - Transferring data USB

2. Transfer saved data from a usb memory unit

in XBoX on Consoles
    Transfer saved data from a usb memory unit: I have a xbox 360 usb memory unit and would like to transfer the saved to the xbox 1. How do I do that? 3a2c2e40-c605-4d08-8077-68cbd62b67a5
  3. I can't transfer data from Xbox to Xbox anymore

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can't transfer data from Xbox to Xbox anymore: I can't transfer data from Xbox to Xbox anymore 3ab7faf9-c24e-4868-93f5-9ca1f89b6c5e
  4. 360 to one data transfer using the data trasfer cable

in XBoX on Consoles
    360 to one data transfer using the data trasfer cable: My 360 isn't working but I still have the harddrive and the 360 data transfer cable and software and I would like to transfer my game saves from the 360 to my xbox one using the data transfer...
  5. Pair or transfer data from one microsoft account to another

in XBoX Accessibility
    Pair or transfer data from one microsoft account to another: Is it possible to pair or transfer data from one microsoft account to another? Indeed, when buying my Xbox I created a microsoft address, however I would like to use my main email address without...
  6. How can I transfer game data from an adult profile to a child in Xbox One Family?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How can I transfer game data from an adult profile to a child in Xbox One Family?: I recently setup family and added my son. He's been playing under my profile but I want to transfer his game data into his profile. He's got a lot of stuff in fortnite for example and we need that...
  7. data transfer

in XBoX Accessibility
    data transfer: how do I transfer all data from one xbox one to another xbox one both are same type just one has broken disk player [dosnt recognize disks ] bbb06435-19e5-4040-8b48-715abea7bc47
  8. Transfer Game data from computer to HDD

in XBoX on Consoles
    Transfer Game data from computer to HDD: Hi Everyone. The situation is as follows; I have an old xbox 360 arcade with a 60GB HDD. I wanted to transfer the data from that HDD onto my new xbox 360 slim with 350GB HDD By using the...
  9. Is there any way that I can transfer save data to a USB hard drive without erasing every thing ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is there any way that I can transfer save data to a USB hard drive without erasing every thing ...: Is there any possible way to transfer 360 data onto a USB hard drive without erasing everything on that hard drive (I.e.: formatting)? I know that I have more than 32 GB of available space on the...
  10. saved data on USB won't transfer back to xbox360.

in XBoX on Consoles
    saved data on USB won't transfer back to xbox360.: I saved my profile and Terraria game data from hard drive onto a USB today, some of it has transferred back whilst some won't move back from the USB, so I have lost all of my Terraria. Can anyone...