Transferring data to a new Xbox once

Discus and support Transferring data to a new Xbox once in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I am about to buy an Xbox One X to replace my old xbox one (the old console will still be used, just in a different room). Do i need to transfer game... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by YubbYub, Sep 22, 2019.

1. YubbYub
    YubbYub Guest

I am about to buy an Xbox One X to replace my old xbox one (the old console will still be used, just in a different room).

Do i need to transfer game saves etc to the new console? Or can I just re-install the games as I want them and login to carry on playing from where i left off?

:)

YubbYub, Sep 22, 2019
  2. SpiralOut46and2 Win User

No, you don't need to transfer any game saves or anything. Your game saves are all saved in the Cloud and they will sync automatically when you boot the games up on the new console. So just reinstall them on your new Xbox and you will be fine. Or if you
    have an external storage device with your games on it, simply plug it into your new console.
  3. McDaddyTree Win User

All your save data is in the cloud but unless you use an external hard drive you will need to download your games again.
  4. Njal the Blue Win User

If you have both Xbox One's, you can use the network transfer feature, to move games across. As for game saves, they will sync once you open the game up. https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/console/enable-network-game-transfer-xbox-one

If you have an external USB 3.0 external harddrive, you can back up all your settings and games to that. Plug it into your new console, power up and it will take you through setup and install all your preferences.
  5. Christyna64 Win User

All your game saves are stored on Xbox servers and tied to your account.
  6. Wishcatcher Win User

Hi,

Just use the network transfert option as Njal the Blue told you.

About the saves games, as soon you will play them on the new Xbox, it will automaticaly sync the datas.

Now if you had an external drive on the old Xbox, you can use it on the new one without any issue.

Regards
Thema:

1. Transferring data to a new Xbox once - Similar Threads - Transferring data once

2. How do i transfer Magic Kingdoms? I want my game data transfered to new laptop without...

in XBoX on Windows
    How do i transfer Magic Kingdoms? I want my game data transfered to new laptop without...: please help I want old onto new 1d19d1fa-2f46-4845-8b16-ebca9b830f24
  3. Xbox/Microsoft account data transfer help

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox/Microsoft account data transfer help: I don't really know how to easily put my issue into searchable terms and the few solutions I have found I am unsure if they do what I need them to do so I am putting out this question if you know...
  4. Transferring Data

in XBoX on Consoles
    Transferring Data: I need help, please!! For Christmas, I'm getting another Xbox One. I have one at my father's house, which is on the other side of my state. I usually am at my dad's house, and I visit my mom's...
  5. transferring data from xbox one to one s

in XBoX on Consoles
    transferring data from xbox one to one s: I think I have got the gist on how to do the network transfer but I still have a few questions. When I do the transfer does it transfer everything like dlcs and memberships for all the accounts on...
  6. Can I transfer Xbox profile data to a new Microsoft account?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can I transfer Xbox profile data to a new Microsoft account?: I would like to make a new Microsoft account but keep my old Xbox account. I was young when I got my xbox and the profile is still associated with my parents account (this one). I would like to be...
  7. Transfering xbox account info and data to a new one

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Transfering xbox account info and data to a new one: Hello everyone. So, I've been playing Xbox since I was a little kid, and because I was small when I started, my dad made me use his account. I have been buying games, unlocking achievments,...
  8. data transfer

in XBoX on Consoles
    data transfer: hello i would just like to know if i could transfer all of my data (from my games/achievements) to a new account i would like to create a new account on my Xbox but still have all of my data...
  9. How can I transfer game saved data to my microsoft pc ?

in XBoX on Windows
    How can I transfer game saved data to my microsoft pc ?: I am, a tad bit confuzzled. I need help on how to transfer my game data to my Microsoft pc. I just got Sims 4 on my pc but I had a lot of saved sims game data on my Xbox and I do not want to start...
  10. Xbox won't transfer files on external drive, want to move data to another

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox won't transfer files on external drive, want to move data to another: I've been stuck for a few months with a hard drive containing a number of games (older saves or otherwise lesser played games that I keep off the main console to save space) not being able to...