Transferring to a OneX

Discus and support Transferring to a OneX in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I'm thinking about picking upgrading from my XB1 to a OneX.. Everything is running off an external 5TB drive so my question is, can I just plug-n-play... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by TheRedBaron6R, Dec 3, 2019.

1. Transferring to a OneX

I'm thinking about picking upgrading from my XB1 to a OneX.. Everything is running off an external 5TB drive so my question is, can I just plug-n-play from one console to the other without any issue, and how does it handle any DLC or digital games I
    loaded while hooked up to my original XB1..

Also, I have one of the original Ones that had the defective controller sensors, so I always have to play with a plug and play cord or it will disconnect the controller a minute or so later- if I get a new system, I want to move that old one to the
    bedroom as a media player; will the XB1 media remote work with it if it has the above mentioned controller issue.

:)

TheRedBaron6R, Dec 3, 2019
  2. TheRedBaron6R Win User

Transferring to a OneX

Thanks for the quick reply.. So just plug and go, no DRM issues for any digital games or DLC since it isn't on the console it was originally loaded on?
  3. {Parity} Win User

Transferring to a OneX

Yes, just move the external drive to the new console. I did that same thing and it worked great. As far as the remote question all I can say is give it a try to see if it will work for you.
  4. DrifterX22 Win User

Transferring to a OneX

After moving the external drive over when you start a game the first time there will be a delay and I think it may say installing. It does a minor check on enables the game after a small delay. You shouldn't have any issue.
  5. Onyx Is Here Win User

Transferring to a OneX

Yes, the external will be plug and play. You'll just need to wait a moment or so for the save to resync when you launch each game.

The media remote should work as well. If you have problems with it connecting wireless try holding the sync button on the controller and console at the same time for at least 60 seconds. That helped for me
  6. Obsessive Power Win User

Transferring to a OneX

Thanks for the quick reply.. So just plug and go, no DRM issues for any digital games or DLC since it isn't on the console it was originally loaded on?
    Set the new console as the 'Home' console. Then you'll still be able to play your digital games if there is an internet outage or Xbox Live is down. That's the only thing you need in regards to DRM.

Other than that it's plug & Play.
Thema:

Transferring to a OneX

1. Transferring to a OneX - Similar Threads - Transferring OneX

2. Problème de transfère de clips vidéos Xbox One à OneDrive[Problem of transferring Xbox One...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Problème de transfère de clips vidéos Xbox One à OneDrive[Problem of transferring Xbox One...: Bonjour, d'habitudes quand j'envoie directement mes clips vidéos Xbox sur OneDrive, il y a deux possibilités: -Faire Partager>OneDrive=Message de confirmation que le fichier a été...
  3. Transfer Profiles via USB

in XBoX on Consoles
    Transfer Profiles via USB: Could someone please explain how I can transfer 3 profiles from an Xbox 360 via USB to my new XBox One? I have moved the profiles onto USB but I cant see them on the XBox One. My own profile which...
  4. How to transfer game progress from Parents account to an associated Child account.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How to transfer game progress from Parents account to an associated Child account.: Hi there Would it be possible to tell me how to transfer game progress from Parents account to an associated Child account? I recently moved my son to his own child's account, associated with my...
  5. Anytime I try to transfer stuff from my main external to my new external, my console turns...

in XboX Insiders
    Anytime I try to transfer stuff from my main external to my new external, my console turns...: I just got a new 12 tb drive today, but anytime I try to move stuff from my 8tb to my 12tb, my console turns off, is this a preview bug, or maybe its just having a hard time getting everything to...
  6. Transfer license from box to digital

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Transfer license from box to digital: I have an Xbox one S all digital. I got a gift game on DVD in a box. Is it possible to change the box for a digital license? Or should I throw it in the trash? Thank you!...
  7. Xbox Gold transfer

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Gold transfer: (To anyone who has already seen at least one of my questions, sorry for asking too many questions. Lol.) Hi! I'm about to transfer my Original Xbox One account to my Xbox One S. Does my Xbox Gold...
  8. Xbox One to Xbox One S account transfer

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One to Xbox One S account transfer: Hi! Just recently, I have been having some issues with my original Xbox One, so I want to switch to my Xbox One S. Is there anyway I could transfer my profile on my original Xbox one to my Xbox...
  9. Transferring X360 to X1 S

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Transferring X360 to X1 S: Is it possible to transfer Xbox 360 disc games to Xbox One S? I would really like to do that and if its possible i would like to know. d875bc5a-63e9-4989-9f91-7244006e80d2
  10. Transferring content.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Transferring content.: I really need help. I've been trying to transfer all content under my name on Terraria on 360 to a different storage device, but since a lot of it has the same name, it won't let me move it unless...