Transferring to a OneX

Discus and support Transferring to a OneX in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I'm thinking about picking upgrading from my XB1 to a OneX.. Everything is running off an external 5TB drive so my question is, can I just plug-n-play... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by TheRedBaron6R, Dec 3, 2019.

1. Transferring to a OneX

I'm thinking about picking upgrading from my XB1 to a OneX.. Everything is running off an external 5TB drive so my question is, can I just plug-n-play from one console to the other without any issue, and how does it handle any DLC or digital games I
    loaded while hooked up to my original XB1..

Also, I have one of the original Ones that had the defective controller sensors, so I always have to play with a plug and play cord or it will disconnect the controller a minute or so later- if I get a new system, I want to move that old one to the
    bedroom as a media player; will the XB1 media remote work with it if it has the above mentioned controller issue.

:)

TheRedBaron6R, Dec 3, 2019
  2. TheRedBaron6R Win User

Transferring to a OneX

Thanks for the quick reply.. So just plug and go, no DRM issues for any digital games or DLC since it isn't on the console it was originally loaded on?
  3. {Parity} Win User

Transferring to a OneX

Yes, just move the external drive to the new console. I did that same thing and it worked great. As far as the remote question all I can say is give it a try to see if it will work for you.
  4. DrifterX22 Win User

Transferring to a OneX

After moving the external drive over when you start a game the first time there will be a delay and I think it may say installing. It does a minor check on enables the game after a small delay. You shouldn't have any issue.
  5. Onyx Is Here Win User

Transferring to a OneX

Yes, the external will be plug and play. You'll just need to wait a moment or so for the save to resync when you launch each game.

The media remote should work as well. If you have problems with it connecting wireless try holding the sync button on the controller and console at the same time for at least 60 seconds. That helped for me
  6. Obsessive Power Win User

Transferring to a OneX

Thanks for the quick reply.. So just plug and go, no DRM issues for any digital games or DLC since it isn't on the console it was originally loaded on?
    Set the new console as the 'Home' console. Then you'll still be able to play your digital games if there is an internet outage or Xbox Live is down. That's the only thing you need in regards to DRM.

Other than that it's plug & Play.
Thema:

Transferring to a OneX

1. Transferring to a OneX - Similar Threads - Transferring OneX

2. Xbox Network Game Transfer - Series S

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Network Game Transfer - Series S: Hello. My son has an Xbox One S with a library of games on disc (installed on his xbox). If I buy him an Xbox Series S can these games be transferred from the XB1 to Series S by network transfer...
  3. Trasferimento giochi vecchio account Microsoft a quello nuovo[Translation-Transfer games...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Trasferimento giochi vecchio account Microsoft a quello nuovo[Translation-Transfer games...: Buongiorno, avrei una domanda: sulla mia Xbox One X posseggo un account Microsoft con il quale, nel corso degli anni, sin dalla Xbox360, ho acquistato diversi giochi. Questo account è utilizzato...
  4. Game Progress Doesn't Transfer from PC

in XBoX on Windows
    Game Progress Doesn't Transfer from PC: I like to play games on both console and PC through the Game Pass subscription. I have been noticing lately that none of my save data transfers over for games when I try to play the same game on...
  5. Rewards transfers

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Rewards transfers: Does anyone know how to transfer rewards points more than 5,000 a month between family, wanted to order the new Xbox and we have been saving for it for long time....
  6. Transferring Disc Game Data from Xbox One to Xbox Series S

in XBoX on Consoles
    Transferring Disc Game Data from Xbox One to Xbox Series S: Hi, I'm selling my Xbox One S and getting an Xbox Series S. I have saved data from a game, but this game isn't digital; it's on a disc. Is it possible to recover this data if I were to buy the...
  7. Transfer digital games purchases from mine to my son's account

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Transfer digital games purchases from mine to my son's account: When my son got his xbox many years ago, I used my Microsoft account and so digital purchases on that account are associated with my account. He is older now and at an age where I am happy for him...
  8. Xbox Cloud Transfer Between Consoles

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Cloud Transfer Between Consoles: Hi there. Could someone tell me if there's a way to solve the following problem: I have an Xbox One and often use backwards compatible games (from 360). I just played through The Walking Dead,...
  9. transfering a xbox gamertag to new account

in XBoX on Consoles
    transfering a xbox gamertag to new account: I brought a xbox one s christmas of 2018 set up with my account information for a grandson. He is the only player and has spend lots of money getting things for fornite. He has moved and I am...
  10. Is there a way to download an XBOX game with a PC and then transfer to the console via USB

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Is there a way to download an XBOX game with a PC and then transfer to the console via USB: With the advent of gamepass / everything else being subscription/cloud based, it would be helpful to those of us in rural areas if we could take a computer to a fast connection to download (huge)...