Tried to change gamertag on xbox 360, received an error twice in a row but was charged for...

Discus and support Tried to change gamertag on xbox 360, received an error twice in a row but was charged for... in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Logged into my old xbox 360 and went to change my gamertag but received an error. Went back to try it again and received the same error. Got 2 emails... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Pensive Psycho, Jul 1, 2022.

1. Tried to change gamertag on xbox 360, received an error twice in a row but was charged for...

Logged into my old xbox 360 and went to change my gamertag but received an error. Went back to try it again and received the same error. Got 2 emails showing I was charged for both attempts.

Checked my bank account and sure enough there's 2 pending charges. Wouldn't even be that fussed except it didn't even change my gamertag. Tried to use chat online function for support but it throws me to worthless virtual assistant and I'm unable to even type a message for some reason.

I just want to be able to change my gamertag on my 360 like i did not that long ago.

:)

Pensive Psycho, Jul 1, 2022
  2. Lucas Lauer Win User

Tried to change gamertag on xbox 360, received an error twice in a row but was charged for both attempts

Hello, Pensive. Thanks for reaching out! My name is Lucas, and I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft user just like you. I'll be happy to assist you today.

Please sign in on social.xbox.com and make sure your gamertag did not change. Sometimes due to a sync issue it will show as the old gamertag but the change was made. If it really did not change, you can change your gamertag at:

http://social.xbox.com/changegamertag

Now about the two charges, if it is showing as pending, there's a chance it will not really be deducted from your bank account. If it is deducted and it is not showing on your Microsoft account order history (https://account.microsoft.com/billing/orders) you will need to ask your bank to cancel these charges.

If you have any question, please let me know.
  3. Nichbeard Win User

Gamertag won't change

Hi. The payment is pending and when I tried to change my gamertag using the link it's charging $9.95.

And yes, I tried to change my gamertag on my Xbox, was charged but no change occurred.
  4. luissolid Win User

Gamer Tag Change

Since Xbox 360 Xbox charge you 9.99 to change your Gamertag... when you dont select the gamertag that you want to use the system allow you to change your gamertag once free of charge.

I believe its a good price so users can change the gamertag because xbox live its a great online service.

Regards!
  5. IsaacClarkeSNL Win User

Nuketown

[quote user="UneasyJmitchell"]

^^Only twice in a row, unless you keep changing lobbies.

[/quote]Yeah, leave the lobby, get put in another one, play HIjacked twice in a row on that one.
  6. UneasyJmitchell Win User

Nuketown

^^Only twice in a row, unless you keep changing lobbies.
Thema:

Tried to change gamertag on xbox 360, received an error twice in a row but was charged for...

1. Tried to change gamertag on xbox 360, received an error twice in a row but was charged for... - Similar Threads - Tried change gamertag

2. Country is locked to US when I try to change gamertag

in XBoX Accessibility
    Country is locked to US when I try to change gamertag: Hello! Recently I tried to change my Xbox gamertag but when I try to, the country is locked to the United States, and it won't let me change it. I've looked all over the forums and tried...
  3. Region Locked Trying to Change Gamertag

in XBoX Accessibility
    Region Locked Trying to Change Gamertag: I am trying to make payment for changing my Gamertag. However, when entering my card details, the country was locked to United States. My billing info and everything on my account are already set...
  4. I cannot change my gamertag because "This gamertag isn't allowed. Try a different one."

in XBoX Accessibility
    I cannot change my gamertag because "This gamertag isn't allowed. Try a different one.": Hi, I have the ability to change my name however I am not allowed too. Whenever I attempt to make my gamertag "", I check the avalibility and it says "This gamertag isn't allowed. Try a different...
  5. Tried to change Gamertag and was charged multiple times....what do I do now?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Tried to change Gamertag and was charged multiple times....what do I do now?: I logged into one of my Xbox accounts on my Xbox 360, I entered my payment info and proceeded to change my Gamertag......well the Gamertag DID NOT change and I was CHARGED through PayPal $9.99 5...
  6. I tried to change my Gamertag, got charged for it, but the page is just stuck in a...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I tried to change my Gamertag, got charged for it, but the page is just stuck in a...: So I tried to change my Gamertag. It's the second time so now it costs some money. I used my debit card, and I got charged for it, yet the page got stuck in a "loading" or "buffering" state, and...
  7. Trying to change gamertag but website and xbox pretty much told me "no"

in XBoX on Consoles
    Trying to change gamertag but website and xbox pretty much told me "no": I've been trying to change my gamertag for a bit now, once I finally figured out what name I would be under while attempting a career. However, each and every time I try to change it, I am told...
  8. I can't change my gamertag, it says "This gamertag isn't allowed. Try a different one."

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can't change my gamertag, it says "This gamertag isn't allowed. Try a different one.": I want to change my gamertag to "shimarin237" but i get an error message and i'm not sure why it doesn't let me since it's between the 12 character limit and doesn't start with a number. I also...
  9. Encountering trouble whilst trying to change my gamertag

in XBoX Accessibility
    Encountering trouble whilst trying to change my gamertag: I put in my new gamertag, it was available. I have changed it once before and i am aware that i have to pay to change it twice. But whenever i press change gamertag, it takes me back to the same...
  10. Trying to change xbox gamertag

in XBoX Accessibility
    Trying to change xbox gamertag: I tried to change my Xbox Gamertag today and I found one but when I go to change it the change button is grade out. Does anyone know how to fix this? 9f73e55e-2b7f-4d7b-aa6f-52125f16cc1d