Trimming captures aren't working

Discus and support Trimming captures aren't working in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Every time I try to trim a clip, it gives me this message: "Sorry, we had to close the editor. Your clip is still there, but you'll need to trim it... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by uxbrella, Mar 8, 2021.

1. uxbrella
    uxbrella Guest

Every time I try to trim a clip, it gives me this message: "Sorry, we had to close the editor. Your clip is still there, but you'll need to trim it again."

It won't let me trim any captures, it just gives me this message when I try.

:)

uxbrella, Mar 8, 2021
  2. FormalPaul Win User

Trim

Trimming videos in captures is what i mean.
  3. Geth Win User

Captures & Trimming.

You may need delete the upload studio app and re download it.

This could fix the issue.
  4. Gaz915662 Win User

Upload Studio/Video Editor

I have a work around for the trim feature not working. I tend to find it works with 2 minute recordings a lot better than with any other size.

Also rather than load the video editor I tend to trim my clips directly from the recent captures.

Hope this helps :)
  5. jazza1001 Win User

Clips

There used to be an app called Upload Studio which has just been removed from the App Store. To trim your videos from your Xbox follow these steps.

1. First capture your gameplay by pressing your xbox button followed by X.

2. After a short while your clip will have saved to your recent captures.

3. To see these captures press your xbox button again and move to Capture & Share.

4. Go to recent captures and press A, then choose which clip you want to trim and edit.

5. An option should now appear near bottom of list saying Trim.

6. It may take several moments to load in your clip.

7. Move your left analogue to trim your clip from.the start and your right to trim it from the end.

8. When finished press A to preview clip or X to save.

Hope this has helped.
  6. AquarrzSudnnym Win User

Trim

What are you meaning the trim? The outside casing on the console? What happens when you are told to reboot the console or factory reset?
    Just guessing but I think OP means Trim game clips in Manage Captures.

I have had no problem using it.
Thema:

1. Trimming captures aren't working - Similar Threads - Trimming captures aren't

2. Xbox captures will not trim clips. Hard reset does nothing

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox captures will not trim clips. Hard reset does nothing: Xbox captures will not trim clips. Hard reset changes nothing.. upload studio no longer works.. I don't own a computer and don't plan on it just to edit clips. All other apps don't load onto xbox....
  3. Unable to trim game capture clips, clips have no sound on Series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unable to trim game capture clips, clips have no sound on Series X: Hi all, I’ve game captured a couple of COD clips (2 minute clips) and have tried to trim the videos but the preview and save button is greyed out after I adjusted my sliders to where I want to...
  4. Capture Software Not Capturing Audio and Software Crashes when attempting to trim Clips on...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Capture Software Not Capturing Audio and Software Crashes when attempting to trim Clips on...: Dont need to add much here, the Subject title sumarizes the issues. Ive done multiple system reboots, including fully turning it off, unplugging and plugging back in etc. this only started...
  5. Trimming Game Captures on Xbox One

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Trimming Game Captures on Xbox One: I've been using the app Upload Studio for years now, but recently it hasn't been working it's full potential. My video trim loads up to about 60% before crashing. I want to trim videos from around...
  6. trimming captures issue

in XBoX Accessibility
    trimming captures issue: Since mixer is no more I cannot trim videos at all. After recently fixing so it captures more than 10 seconds. I have tried reinstalling upload studio but every time I try to trim a clip it gets...
  7. Xbox Capture Help with trimming and Game DVR

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Capture Help with trimming and Game DVR: I just recorded on my pc with the Xbox capture, and I want to trim it with the game dvr feature, yet when I go to the Capture section it tells me to “go to windows settings...” which I’ve done and...
  8. Trimming captured clips using Captures Manage Trim FAILS

in XboX Insiders
    Trimming captured clips using Captures Manage Trim FAILS: Anyone else using Trim clips getting so far when saving edit but not completing the save and screen just hangs until you press B to discard edit? Tried several and all fail when saving edit....
  9. Captures & Trimming.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Captures & Trimming.: Hello. Myself and a few of my friends are having a hard time trimming 5 minute captures taken from games. Everytime we use the trim feature to make our clips shorter (from minutes to seconds) it...
  10. Windows 10 Xbox App Crashes When Uploading an (in-app) Trimmed Game Capture

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Windows 10 Xbox App Crashes When Uploading an (in-app) Trimmed Game Capture: Hello, I always capture video of interesting/funny things as I play Xbox. I have set my DVR to capture up to 2 minutes back to not miss anything good. I will later go to my laptop, open the app,...