Trimming clips equals black screen?

Discus and support Trimming clips equals black screen? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; The title says it all really. I'm getting sick and tired of trying to trim videos so I can upload them just to be left stuck on a black screen after... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by GH0ST Suspect, Jan 14, 2021.

1. Trimming clips equals black screen?

The title says it all really.

I'm getting sick and tired of trying to trim videos so I can upload them just to be left stuck on a black screen after the progress bar partially fills up before disappearing. This has happened four times to me tonight alone. It shouldn't be a case of well
    * me I'll try again tomorrow. It's not good enough at all.

Already searched for a fix and it just shows how terrible Xbox is for this feature.

So before anyone says:

• I've already done a hard reset on my Xbox numerous times
    • I've deleted saved clips on my internal hardrive.
    • I've deleted the majority of my clips that were on xbox live.
    • There's plenty of room on my internal memory as I've deleted a few games / moved to my external hardrive.
    The service just blows huge chunks. When is this gonna get patched out? I've got the Cyberpunk Xbox X (in case someone asks which console I'm on).

:)

GH0ST Suspect, Jan 14, 2021
  2. Jimmeeehhh
    Jimmeeehhh New Member
    Try trimming in smaller sections multiple times. I kept trimming 30 seconds off a 3 minute clip, and for the last attempt I trimmed a minute, and my 56 second video finally went through.

Jimmeeehhh, Apr 22, 2021
  3. MisterFizzle Win User

Upload Studio No Longer Trimming

Hi there SeaNee,

I haven't heard of this particular error. There are a couple of things that might help us understand a bit better:

1. Is it after you select the section of your clip to Trim that you're seeing the "Total Length" still showing as the original length of the Trim?
    2. When you're making the Trim, does the new trimmed length show on "Trimmed Length" in the top left and on the timestamp on the bar below the clip?
    3. Is this happening when you do "Just a Trim" or is this happening during a Multi-clip?

Please let us know the answer to those questions and we'll work from there.
  4. Wildboy Wiley Win User

Having trouble trimming a clip

I have now uploaded a video focusing on this issue, it shows me trimming the clips and the issues leading after that, I would hope if someone could watch it and give me some help related to the issue so I can fully trim this clip without any errors occuring,
    thanks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9r2-yKb3D34
    After examining your video, and looking at it from my console, The "Trim" option you have available on that bar, isn't available in my app strangely. Not sure why that trim option is there, have you checked to see if the Xbox DVR has been updated recently?

Alternatively (as a work around) to trim your clip, you can "edit in Upload Studio" which will allow you trim the clip in that app (Simply pushing the left stick to move the starting point, and the right stick to move the ending
    point) and will allow you to save and upload the trimmed clip to xbox or onedrive as well.
  5. Joc Holliday Win User

Using upload studio to splice videos not just trim

Currently you can only trim videos but you can add multiple sections and trim the clip in multiple ways to mirror a splice.
  6. THE ACTI0N MAN Win User

Upload studio 'update'

What they need to do:

1. Increase clip size from 5 minutes. 10 Minutes, 15 Minutes, Whatever. 5 is too short.

2. Allow MULTIPLE clips to be trimmed out of the Trim feature. Doing only one trim at a time is terrible. Should be like COD:BLOPS2's Theater mode. Cut pieces, hold them, then merge them into one final clip.

3. Allow ANY NUMBER of clips to be merged. No set requirement like the current 5. You should be able to merge 2 clips or 10. It should be up to you.
  7. jazza1001 Win User

Clips

There used to be an app called Upload Studio which has just been removed from the App Store. To trim your videos from your Xbox follow these steps.

1. First capture your gameplay by pressing your xbox button followed by X.

2. After a short while your clip will have saved to your recent captures.

3. To see these captures press your xbox button again and move to Capture & Share.

4. Go to recent captures and press A, then choose which clip you want to trim and edit.

5. An option should now appear near bottom of list saying Trim.

6. It may take several moments to load in your clip.

7. Move your left analogue to trim your clip from.the start and your right to trim it from the end.

8. When finished press A to preview clip or X to save.

Hope this has helped.
Thema:

Trimming clips equals black screen?

1. Trimming clips equals black screen? - Similar Threads - Trimming clips equals

2. Trimming xbox clip

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Trimming xbox clip: I've been trying to trim this clip on xbox for weeks now but everytime I try it gets to 75% and crashes any help is appreciated 6904ed9d-72d5-4a0b-a753-87095cb9b6cb
  3. Back screen when trimming game clips

in XboX Insiders
    Back screen when trimming game clips: Had this problem for a while now. Every time I try to trim a game clip I get a black screen and it’s not able to trim. Plz help. submitted by /u/HunterOverlord17 [link] [comments]
  4. Xbox captures will not trim clips. Hard reset does nothing

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox captures will not trim clips. Hard reset does nothing: Xbox captures will not trim clips. Hard reset changes nothing.. upload studio no longer works.. I don't own a computer and don't plan on it just to edit clips. All other apps don't load onto xbox....
  5. Unable to trim a video clip on Xbox One S

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unable to trim a video clip on Xbox One S: Hello, I am currently having trouble trimming a two minute and fifty-seven clip from Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War. I trimmed forty seconds from the clip and clicked save. It showed up with a...
  6. clip trimming error

in XBoX on Consoles
    clip trimming error: hi, I have an error when trimming the clips of my games, because the screen turns a dark color and does not trim the clip, what do you recommend me to do? 1aa1c30a-a965-4245-8124-75b9182ccea9
  7. Can’t trim clips

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can’t trim clips: I use to use the upload studios app on my console but now that it has been removed, I am unable to trim my clips. Every time I hit save, it will load up to a third of the way and then the screen...
  8. Clip Trim/Share Issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Clip Trim/Share Issues: Whenever i try to share game clips i get the message 'Something went wrong Sorry, we are unable to share this at the moment. Try again in a while.' This includes mostly newer clips but is...
  9. It won’t let me trim my clips even though I took them on my current Xbox.

in XboX Insiders
    It won’t let me trim my clips even though I took them on my current Xbox.: [IMG] submitted by /u/Chaotikk [link] [comments]
  10. Series X trimming clips not working

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Series X trimming clips not working: Had series x since day 1 & this feature has never worked for me. Try to trim a clip, it does nothing for 30 seconds then says unable to trim. Tried multiple clips from multiple games, hard resets...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. xbox trimming black screen

2. black screen trimming clips xbox