Trimming clips rarely works. Why? Workarounds?

Discus and support Trimming clips rarely works. Why? Workarounds? in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; Trimming captures always gets stuck 3/4 of the way through the loading bar, and as a result many clips of a minute or more cannot be downsized for... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/arod7932, Feb 14, 2020.

1. /u/arod7932
    /u/arod7932 Guest

Trimming captures always gets stuck 3/4 of the way through the loading bar, and as a result many clips of a minute or more cannot be downsized for sharing purposes. Do we know why this occurs or if there is a way to prevent it? Is it storage related maybe? It is the one frustration I have with the Xbox UI features. I hope things get better next gen.

submitted by /u/arod7932
    [link] [comments]

/u/arod7932, Feb 14, 2020
  2. MisterFizzle Win User

Upload Studio No Longer Trimming

Hi there SeaNee,

I haven't heard of this particular error. There are a couple of things that might help us understand a bit better:

1. Is it after you select the section of your clip to Trim that you're seeing the "Total Length" still showing as the original length of the Trim?
    2. When you're making the Trim, does the new trimmed length show on "Trimmed Length" in the top left and on the timestamp on the bar below the clip?
    3. Is this happening when you do "Just a Trim" or is this happening during a Multi-clip?

Please let us know the answer to those questions and we'll work from there.
  3. Wildboy Wiley Win User

Having trouble trimming a clip

I have now uploaded a video focusing on this issue, it shows me trimming the clips and the issues leading after that, I would hope if someone could watch it and give me some help related to the issue so I can fully trim this clip without any errors occuring,
    thanks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9r2-yKb3D34
    After examining your video, and looking at it from my console, The "Trim" option you have available on that bar, isn't available in my app strangely. Not sure why that trim option is there, have you checked to see if the Xbox DVR has been updated recently?

Alternatively (as a work around) to trim your clip, you can "edit in Upload Studio" which will allow you trim the clip in that app (Simply pushing the left stick to move the starting point, and the right stick to move the ending
    point) and will allow you to save and upload the trimmed clip to xbox or onedrive as well.
  4. Joc Holliday Win User

Using upload studio to splice videos not just trim

Currently you can only trim videos but you can add multiple sections and trim the clip in multiple ways to mirror a splice.
  5. Gaz915662 Win User

Upload Studio/Video Editor

I have a work around for the trim feature not working. I tend to find it works with 2 minute recordings a lot better than with any other size.

Also rather than load the video editor I tend to trim my clips directly from the recent captures.

Hope this helps :)
  6. THE ACTI0N MAN Win User

Upload studio 'update'

What they need to do:

1. Increase clip size from 5 minutes. 10 Minutes, 15 Minutes, Whatever. 5 is too short.

2. Allow MULTIPLE clips to be trimmed out of the Trim feature. Doing only one trim at a time is terrible. Should be like COD:BLOPS2's Theater mode. Cut pieces, hold them, then merge them into one final clip.

3. Allow ANY NUMBER of clips to be merged. No set requirement like the current 5. You should be able to merge 2 clips or 10. It should be up to you.
Thema:

1. Trimming clips rarely works. Why? Workarounds? - Similar Threads - Trimming clips rarely

2. Alpha skip-ahead: unable to trim clips. Always stops at around 60%

in XboX Insiders
    Alpha skip-ahead: unable to trim clips. Always stops at around 60%: [IMG] submitted by /u/MrXBob [link] [comments]
  3. I cannot trim any of my clips anymore

in XboX Insiders
    I cannot trim any of my clips anymore: Idk if anyone else has experience this, but I can’t really trim my clips. I just get an error every time. The error is “Sorry, we had to close the editor. Your clip is still there, but you’ll need...
  4. Game clip trim feature fails, for years now, still.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game clip trim feature fails, for years now, still.: I can't even find the specific category to report this on the console. I've reported this at least half a dozen times on the console directly. I make clips to report problems with games. If I...
  5. Problems Trimming Clips

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Problems Trimming Clips: Hello, I have had issues trimming clips for a long time. Sometimes the trim feature works but often times when I try to trim a clip, usually a longer one, it will load almost instantly to about...
  6. Unable to trim video clip on xbox

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to trim video clip on xbox: Tried to use the trim feature accessed by clicking the guide button, going to recent captures and selecting the clip to trim. I set my in and out points, press X to save and am brought to the...
  7. Trimming captured clips using Captures Manage Trim FAILS

in XboX Insiders
    Trimming captured clips using Captures Manage Trim FAILS: Anyone else using Trim clips getting so far when saving edit but not completing the save and screen just hangs until you press B to discard edit? Tried several and all fail when saving edit....
  8. I can’t trim my clips.

in XBoX Accessibility
    I can’t trim my clips.: I cant trim my clips at all, once I trim it to the point i want, it goes to 70% or something then freezes before it says an error occurred. Ive had this problem for months and i still cant trim...
  9. Game clip trim feature not working

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game clip trim feature not working: Tried to use the trim feature accessed by clicking the guide button, going to recent captures and selecting the clip to trim. I set my in and out points, press X to save and am brought to the...
  10. Having trouble trimming a clip

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Having trouble trimming a clip: Hello everyone, this is my first post here, and I would really like some help I have been able to trim clips without any issues, but for some reason I cannot trim this clip I recorded of me doing...