Trouble accessing an old account

Discus and support Trouble accessing an old account in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I recently started using my more recent Microsoft Account to play some games using the GamePass for PC. I decided I would like to use my old account... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by CorruptedGWN, Aug 3, 2019.

1. CorruptedGWN
    CorruptedGWN Guest

I recently started using my more recent Microsoft Account to play some games using the GamePass for PC. I decided I would like to use my old account from back in the 360 days again so I went through the steps to recover it.

I was able to successfully get the security settings from my old account transferred to the email I use for my newer account (as the old email is no longer accessible for me), however when I sign in on the Xbox website I can only see the new Xbox account
    and cannot find a way to access the one from my old account. Does anyone know how I can fix this?

:)

CorruptedGWN, Aug 3, 2019
  2. PalmettoBling Win User

There isn't a way to transfer your old items/account to your new Microsoft Account. What do you mean when you say you transferred your security settings from your old account to a new account? You can change the email/info of your Microsoft Account,
    but your old Profile is going to be tied to that old Microsoft Account, and there are no ways to merge or migrate that data.
  3. CorruptedGWN Win User

Thanks for your response! I just finished figuring out my problem. What I had done was changed the settings on my old account so that emails about passwords and everything went to my new email so i was able to sign in and change the email to a new one.

I thought I had changed it so I could just log in with the new email on the old account.

I am now able to access both accounts with no issue.
  4. XBF Ruben D Win User

Hello CorruptedGWN,

Thank you for letting us know that the issue has been fixed. We'll be locking the thread as the issue has been resolved. If you ever require any help with any other issues please feel free to come back to the Xbox Forums for further assistance.
    For those reading this thread and if the troubleshooting steps listed above didn't help resolve the issue, please feel free to create a new thread asking for assistance.

Thank you again and have a great day!
  5. attackle98 Win User

Trouble Accessing My Old Account On LIVE

You need to contact XBOX support to fix this issue. You can call them at 1-800-4MYXBOX in the US and they will be able to help you with this issue.
  6. Mister Darcy-9112DFB Win User

Old Account Troubles

Hey there, Sepia. There's one part about your post that raises some red flags: "Pretty sure my account got hacked at some point as it seems to now have achievments for games I've never played." If you suspect that your account was accessed by someone other
    than yourself then I would recommend calling phone support as soon as possible. They can open up an unauthorized access claim so you can start to regain access again. Give it a shot and let me know how it goes!

In addition, please be aware that any modding or torrenting of content is not allowed and could result in action taken against your account. I'd recommend taking a look at the
    Terms of Use for a refresher. Thanks!
Thema:

1. Trouble accessing an old account - Similar Threads - Trouble accessing old

2. Trouble accessing DLC on ONE gamertag

in XBoX on Consoles
    Trouble accessing DLC on ONE gamertag: So, i have been an owner of an xbox one for quite a while. The game and DLC in question is for Forza Horizon 4: On my original Xbox One i had MY gamertag: (we’ll use letters to keep things...
  3. Trouble to access games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Trouble to access games: Hi. Someone can tell me if the xbox live is not available right now? I can`t access any of my games!! I have stable internet connection, but just can't play any of my games. I restarted the xbox...
  4. Having troubles with EA Access

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Having troubles with EA Access: I recently used a pre-paid card for EA Access, however when i start the app it shows me a welcome video and after i skip that it prompts me to sign up for it. Both my xbox and my Microsoft...
  5. Having trouble accessing my characters

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Having trouble accessing my characters: Case number #1377928075 I had spoken with Xbox support to try to address the issue to access all the characters I bought for definitive edition on Windows 10 xbox account....
  6. Trouble accessing games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Trouble accessing games: Is anyone else having a problem with the ads freezing and then the screen will go blank or return to the game selection page? Started doing this yesterday morning. I am unable to play the...
  7. is anyone else having trouble trying to sign 2 EA access servers

in XBoX Games and Apps
    is anyone else having trouble trying to sign 2 EA access servers: cant sign in to EA servers bbaaf57f-e425-4ad1-b589-2aaa591b07c3
  8. Trouble with EA Access Hub app

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Trouble with EA Access Hub app: I have the EA Access subscription, however when accessing the EA Access Hub app it tells me i have to sign up for it. I know my yearly subscription renewed at the beginning of the month, my...
  9. Trouble accessing Bespin download for Battlefront

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Trouble accessing Bespin download for Battlefront: I bought the digital deluxe version that includes the season pass for Battlefront when it was released. This game has been a nightmare from the start. I keep hoping that the issues would be...
  10. EA Access troubles

in XBoX on Consoles
    EA Access troubles: Every time I launch the EA Access app it asks me to sign up, but I have had a membership since 3/17/17 and it runs all the way through to 6/17/18. I still get my discount and if I go to a...