Trouble connecting to xbox from laptop on college wifi

Discus and support Trouble connecting to xbox from laptop on college wifi in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; My college forces me to register our gaming devices. Once we do that, we are able to connect to a wired network (DeviceODU). However, they do not allow... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Jack Grotjohn, Mar 25, 2019.

1. Trouble connecting to xbox from laptop on college wifi

My college forces me to register our gaming devices. Once we do that, we are able to connect to a wired network (DeviceODU). However, they do not allow laptops to connect to DeviceODU. I was successfully able to connect my xbox to my xbox one app on my
    laptop via entering its ip address to connect for the first semester. However, after taking my xbox home for spring break, I bring it back and attempt to do the same thing, but this time, it cannot find my laptop by entering in its ip address. I think this
    is because the laptop and xbox are on two separate networks, but it had worked first semester, so I am wondering what has changed.

:)

Jack Grotjohn, Mar 25, 2019
  2. DrifterX22 Win User

Can you run a ping from your laptop to the IP on your Xbox when at college. If you cannot you cannot route from the network the laptop is on to the gaming network for your Xbox. It will be due to your colleges network people most likely either putting
    up a firewall or just blocking the ports.

When you are at school you will have to get used to the Xbox APP not being able to connect.
  3. Arson306 Win User

Hello, Jack! As to your issue, ill be happy to assist you! Have you tried disconnecting your WiFi/Ethernet Cable? I notice you mentioned that it says that your console doesn't have an IP Address, try unplugging it for 1 minute and plug it back in. You can
    also go to Settings>System>Console Info and Press LB+RB+LT+RT to access developer settings, there you can check your console IP! If all else fails, try going to Settings>Network>Network Settings>Advanced Settings>IP Settings and click Automatic!

Hope this helped!

- Gage
  4. Jack Grotjohn Win User

I have checked to make sure all the connectivity settings are correct, but still no luck.
  5. DrifterX22 Win User

Can you run a ping from your laptop to the IP on your Xbox when at college. If you cannot you cannot route from the network the laptop is on to the gaming network for your Xbox. It will be due to your colleges network people most likely either putting
    up a firewall or just blocking the ports.

When you are at school you will have to get used to the Xbox APP not being able to connect.
  6. Jack Grotjohn Win User

That is correct, I am putting in my Xbox's IP and it still cannot find it. I have just contacted the IT department and will see what they have to suggest.

Thanks for the help,

Jack
Thema:

1. Trouble connecting to xbox from laptop on college wifi - Similar Threads - Trouble connecting laptop

2. Sorry, we're having trouble connecting you. Feel free to try again or ask another question.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Sorry, we're having trouble connecting you. Feel free to try again or ask another question.: Ive tried 11 times to get get somebody to call me back and keep getting Sorry, we're having trouble connecting you. Feel free to try again or ask another question....
  3. Having Trouble Connecting Xbox One Wireless Controller to Windows 10 PC

in XBoX on Windows
    Having Trouble Connecting Xbox One Wireless Controller to Windows 10 PC: Hey all, I purchased Game Pass recently and am trying to pair my xbox controller to my windows 10 PC. I've tried everything I could find online from updating drivers, switching micro-usb cables,...
  4. Having trouble connecting to one of my friends

in XBoX on Consoles
    Having trouble connecting to one of my friends: I cant connect to my friend on all games we both have a open nat but still cant connect 21f1482d-a7f0-45b5-9d94-ea38195e4cff
  5. "trouble connecting to server" even though I have high speed internet?

in XboX Insiders
    "trouble connecting to server" even though I have high speed internet?: Streaming is great when it works but sometimes I'll get the "trouble connecting to server, check your internet" message every few seconds. I checked my speed on Google and it said I have very fast...
  6. Trouble connecting controller to phone

in XboX Insiders
    Trouble connecting controller to phone: I have an xbox one s controller and when I try to connect via Bluetooth it says incorrect pin or passport has been entered submitted by /u/that-one-guy68 [link] [comments]
  7. Trouble connecting Xbox One to a television.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Trouble connecting Xbox One to a television.: This TV the big box tv but it's an HD tv. When I first got the Xbox One a couple years ago, I hooked it up to the TV and it worked no problem. I got a newer TV and it broke so I'm using the big...
  8. Trouble connecting Xbox Live Companion App to Facebook

in XBoX on Windows
    Trouble connecting Xbox Live Companion App to Facebook: Greetings of the day I was trying to find more friends to play minecraft with when i saw the option to connect/link to facebook account to find friends via the Xbox live app on Windows 10. I...
  9. having trouble with connecting my laptop and xbox one

in XBoX Games and Apps
    having trouble with connecting my laptop and xbox one: I am having trouble with setting my laptop and xbox one, it was connected and when I was trying to connect putting it on the laptop all it had was turn on but it did not work so I deleted the xbox...
  10. Having troubles connecting Xbox One Controller to Windows 7 Laptop

in XBoX on Consoles
    Having troubles connecting Xbox One Controller to Windows 7 Laptop: I have become very frustrated trying to find a solution to my problem. I am hoping some of you might be able to give me some ideas to try. The Problem: When I connect the controller via micro...