Trouble redeeming in-game currency using Xbox gift cards

Discus and support Trouble redeeming in-game currency using Xbox gift cards in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Ok, I tried to buy in game currency at $31.99 with two $25 cards, so I redeemed the first bit when I tried to redeem the second it didn’t work. So I... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by RubenHaro, Sep 16, 2020.

1. RubenHaro
    RubenHaro Guest

Ok, I tried to buy in game currency at $31.99 with two $25 cards, so I redeemed the first bit when I tried to redeem the second it didn’t work. So I backed out, and tried to buy two packs of currency at $19.99 each, but when I tried to put in both codes
    it said they were already redeemed. Yet there wasn’t anything added to my allowance. Can someone please help? (Side note: before I tried to redeem the two store gift cards I redeemed 1 $25 live card and it worked, I don’t know if that bit of info is useful).

:)

RubenHaro, Sep 16, 2020
  2. Daft Badger Win User

Hello my name is Jason,I run a youtube channel and i wanna change my Gamertag but when i try to reedem a money code it can, This stated in january 2014 or December 29th 2013

That's a region error:

Error 80122734 occurs when you try to redeem an Xbox gift card on Xbox 360
    Problem

You see the following error code when you try to redeem an Xbox gift card:

• Error 80122734
    This means that the currency that the gift card is in doesn’t match the currency used by your Microsoft account. For example, you have a gift card in Canadian dollars. That card can’t be redeemed on a US Microsoft account, which uses US dollars.

Solution

To resolve this problem, you can try to return or exchange the Xbox gift card at the retailer from whom you purchased it. Then, make sure that you obtain a card in the correct currency for your Microsoft account.
  3. iNb4 Ownage Win User

Gift cards can't buy Live?

Hey there!

Thanks for the support message.

No, you can not use currency to purchase anything on the Microsoft Store. The funds in the account can not be refunded once they are redeemed. Your son can still use the funds to purchase a game or something else on Xbox though! See: Trouble with an Xbox
    Gift card/Currency in your account? - FAQ

Cheers!
  4. XBF Leo G Win User

xbox gift card

Hello jon-joyce,

Thank you for posting on the Xbox forums. We understand that you are interested in learning how to utilize the currency on an Xbox gift card. You do need to

redeem the prepaid code
    to a Microsoft account in order to use the currency on

the gift card
    . The article we provided explains more about gift cards and codes. This includes what you can purchase with the currency on the gift card. We hope this information helps!
  5. ChiefJoboo Win User

Gift cards

The £10 must be either on a card that says "Xbox Gift Card £10" or you must purchase an Xbox digital gift card code on Amazon for £10 that you redeem here:
    https://redeem.microsoft.com/enter

You can't redeem Amazon gift cards or currency in Amazon accounts for currency in your Microsoft/Xbox account - you must buy an Xbox Gift Card (or code) with that money on it.
  6. ngocphi Win User

Prepaid Code - Different regions

When you purchase an Xbox gift card, make sure that the currency you use matches the currency associated with the recipient’s billing account. Otherwise, the recipient will be unable to redeem the gift card.

If you redeem an Xbox gift card in a country that doesn’t match the country associated with your billing account, you won’t be able to use those funds.

The funds in your Microsoft account can’t be transferred after you redeem your Xbox gift card.

You can’t use funds in your Microsoft account to purchase physical goods from online stores.
Thema:

1. Trouble redeeming in-game currency using Xbox gift cards - Similar Threads - Trouble redeeming game

2. Trouble Redeeming Elite Controller Warranty

in XBoX on Windows
    Trouble Redeeming Elite Controller Warranty: Hello all, I am having trouble figuring out how to redeem my warranty for my Elite Series 2 controller. I bought it in February of this year, and the warranty was 1 year, so I know I can still...
  3. Problemas para canjear códigos / Trouble redeeming codes

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Problemas para canjear códigos / Trouble redeeming codes: Hola comunidad buenas tardes. Adquirí mi Xbox hoy y venía con códigos de canje para 1 mes gratis de Xbox live pass y un juego. El problema es que al ingresar los códigos ninguno me funciona, y me...
  4. Try redeem code but facing trouble

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Try redeem code but facing trouble: Hi, i redeemed a code (brought on Gear war 4 and 4 parts free) and I putted it on my console Windows store. The redemption went successfully, but after this showing errors like "something...
  5. Trouble Redeeming Minecraft Earth Skin (Resolved, answers no longer needed)

in XBoX Accessibility
    Trouble Redeeming Minecraft Earth Skin (Resolved, answers no longer needed): When I try redeeming the Minecraft Earth Skin code, it brings me to the redeeming page, but it says an old email that I have deleted from my account is what is used to accept the item. I wish to...
  6. TROUBLE redeeming a prepaid code

in XBoX on Consoles
    TROUBLE redeeming a prepaid code: hello, i was givena prepaid code from an american (i'm australian) and i cant redeem the code. no matter what i did it wouldn't redeem. i tried changing my region on xbox, didn't work, i tried...
  7. Redeemed Xbox live gold from Microsoft rewards and having trouble having it applied to my...

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Redeemed Xbox live gold from Microsoft rewards and having trouble having it applied to my...: I redeemed a reward for 12 months of Xbox live gold and received a code but when I tried to use the code it would not work, saying it had already been used. I used the link in the email to contact...
  8. Bought a xbox one with one free game "name-your-game", but having trouble redeeming

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Bought a xbox one with one free game "name-your-game", but having trouble redeeming: I bought a xbox one with a name-your-game free game download, went to "xbox.com/name-your-game, redeemed the code "[Mod Removed]", it returned with an error message to ask me to try again later,...
  9. Trouble redeeming free game that comes with new xb1

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Trouble redeeming free game that comes with new xb1: I am trying to redeem the free game that comes with a brand new xbox one. I went to the website on my mobile device and got to the screen where you actually select the game you wish to redeem. I...
  10. Got an Xbox 360, and I'm having trouble downloading a game and redeeming codes.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Got an Xbox 360, and I'm having trouble downloading a game and redeeming codes.: I bought an Xbox 360, and made an account. When I tried to redeem my 25$ code, it went okay, until I clicked done. It only showed one choice, which was just cancel. I chose cancel, and went to...