Trouble with Games and Apps launch

Discus and support Trouble with Games and Apps launch in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, For about a month now I've had problems launching, reinstalling, and playing games without crashes. It started when one game would crash after... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by DanielHarpwood, Sep 2, 2021.

1. Trouble with Games and Apps launch

Hello,

For about a month now I've had problems launching, reinstalling, and playing games without crashes. It started when one game would crash after an update, then with games in general.

The games it initially happened to I tried reinstalling them, which worked once or twice, but eventually lead to me not even being able to launch the game at all. Currently, after many restarts, cache clears, and uninstalling and reinstalling games the situation is even worse. I also tried reset my console, keeping apps and games. Now, I cannot load any games, as they crash or take too long to start. I have been able to play and load GTA V but even that is now developing the early symptoms of crashing after 10 minutes of play.

I have tried to clear local data, ect but nothing is working. I can't load or reinstall game, being given messages like "Taken too long to start" or "Installation stopped".

I really have no idea what the problem is. I have an Xbox One S it's nearly 3 years old.

:)

DanielHarpwood, Sep 2, 2021
  2. Francia J. Win User

Hi, I hope you're doing great out there despite the issue that you're experiencing. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regards to your concern.

Do you have an external hard drive plugged in? If yes, please keep the external hard drive unplugged then perform a powercycle to test out if you will still have an issue with your games. If it worked without the external hard drive, it means that the hard drive is corrupted and you may need to have it reformat.

​​​

POWERCYCLE CONSOLE​​​

​​​

1. Turn off your console by holding the Xbox button on the front of the console for approximately 10 seconds. The console will turn off. ​​​

2. Turn your console back on by pressing the Xbox button on the console or the Xbox button on your controller. ​​​

If you do not have an external hard drive, you may need to perform a factory reset on your console removing everything.
  3. Onyx Is Here Win User

prob gears 5

Sorry you're still having trouble. If you are still unable to launch the game from the Beta App then please find the game in the Start Menu of the PC and launch it from there
  4. Onyx Is Here Win User

Xbox game pass for pc permanently pausing

Sorry to hear it. If you are having trouble downloading the game from the beta app then please cancel the install and launch the Store app. Find the game there and start the install again
  5. Mister Cazador Win User

Recently installed

Hi there DBD Electric, thanks for reaching out.

Some games and apps may not update automatically even if you have the setting enabled. Additionally, if multiple game or app updates automatically update say overnight, you may not see them all populated in the queue.

However, for YouTube, if you go to your My Games & Apps and launch the app from there, do you experience any trouble launching the app following the update?
  6. Onyx Is Here Win User

RAGE 2 Not Launching - starting up only on background

Sorry you guys are still having trouble. Have you tried launching the game from the Start Menu instead of from the Beta App? If not please give that a try
Thema:

1. Trouble with Games and Apps launch - Similar Threads - Trouble Games Apps

2. Trouble downloading games on Xbox Gamepass (PC Issue) Error 0x00000001

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Trouble downloading games on Xbox Gamepass (PC Issue) Error 0x00000001: So I just got xbox gamepass, I've never really had any trouble downloading things on other platforms but on the xbox store. Whenever I try to download any games using Xbox Gamepass I get error...
  3. Trouble with the Microsoft Game Store/XBOX App

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Trouble with the Microsoft Game Store/XBOX App: I've been trying to install Forza 5 about 3 times now. I've wasted 101 gbs towards my data cap, so that's obviously not great. Ideally, it would be better if Microsoft gave me the error before I...
  4. trouble playing a game on the Windows 10 xBox App

in XBoX on Windows
    trouble playing a game on the Windows 10 xBox App: My son is a family member attached to my Microsoft account. I purchased Subnautica in 2017, and it works fine on the xBox. My son has also installed it on his PC, and, whilst the xBox App shows...
  5. Trouble launching games via Xbox app

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Trouble launching games via Xbox app: Everytime I try to launch Yakuza Kiwami, or try to connect online with Grounded, the login box pops up as if it's going to ask for permission to log in, but then it immediately closes and says...
  6. Having trouble logging into the Game Streaming app, when I try to sign in it says could not...

in XboX Insiders
    Having trouble logging into the Game Streaming app, when I try to sign in it says could not...: Any way to fix this? Been happening for the past couple of hours. submitted by /u/Pyrocy779 [link] [comments]
  7. Still have trouble Joining the bleeding edge game in Xbox insider hub app

in XboX Insiders
    Still have trouble Joining the bleeding edge game in Xbox insider hub app: I have been trying to Join the bleeding edge game all day today when I go to launch the Xbox insider hub app. and when I get to the home page of the app then when I go to go down to where it says...
  8. Additional Network Ports for Multiplayer Gaming: Haveing trouble with my Xbox app

in XboX Networking Hardware
    Additional Network Ports for Multiplayer Gaming: Haveing trouble with my Xbox app: Additional Network Ports for Multiplayer Gaming: Haveing trouble with my Xbox app I was just wondering if anyone could help me? Am haven trouble with my NAT type but how do you Change it to open?...
  9. i am having trouble playing my map packs and games i downloaded the apps on my old console and ...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    i am having trouble playing my map packs and games i downloaded the apps on my old console and ...: i am having trouble playing my map packs and games i downloaded the apps on my old console and put it on my hardrive the hardrive is in my new xbox it sais that the games are there but i cant play...
  10. having trouble with games and apps

in XBoX on Consoles
    having trouble with games and apps: so I see others are having the same problem as me im game sharing with my wife and at the moment i cant access my downloaded games. or apps...need fixed...been waiting for ME Andromeda...