Trouble with new xbox one not always recognising discs

Discus and support Trouble with new xbox one not always recognising discs in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I got a new xbox one and I've noticed it doesn't always recognise the disc by this I mean I put the disc in the drive and nothing happens,I have to... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Bald trumpet, Apr 3, 2015.

1. Bald trumpet
    Bald trumpet Guest

I got a new xbox one and I've noticed it doesn't always recognise the disc by this I mean I put the disc in the drive and nothing happens,I have to eject the disc and try again or reboot is this normal it's not the discs because they do eventually work
    .I have the master chief collection and evolve.

i have seen on some forums that this is a known problem and you have to turn off instant on off.

any help much appreciated hopefully I haven't got a dodgy console.

:)

Bald trumpet, Apr 3, 2015
  2. Scotland2016
    Scotland2016 Guest
    Advice

Hi there, my Xbox has been struggling for a while now to read games, normally it will work after a while of taking the disc out n putting it back in. However I just got quantum break delivered today but it's not even recognising the disc to start the installation process. After a couple of tries( ejecting the disc and putting it back in) it makes the sound as if it doesn't is about to work but it doesn't even recognise it. I got the Xbox three years ago and everything else works fine. As I mentioned it has had trouble reading discs for a while but now it's not even recognising the disc, I tried quantum break in my brothers Xbox and it worked perfect first time. I was wondering if this problem can be fixed by independent stores and roughly how much this would cost. Any replies will be appreciated.

Thanks.

Scotland2016, Apr 3, 2015
  3. R1CH5TER
    R1CH5TER Guest
    Has anyone else got an update

Yeah that was to fix the issue of the xbox not recognising game discs after the last update i believe

R1CH5TER, Apr 3, 2015
  4. Mister Cazador Win User

My xbox1 does not read the Xbox 360 games

5. lewgiffard Win User

Old Xbox disc format issue.

Just to be clear:

The disc drive will flat out not recognise a disc in the drive if its of the old disc format. Games in the new disc format will play 100% every time perfectly well.
  6. SoupaBuoy Win User

Skate 3

Hi there - have you tried cleaning the disc? Does the Xbox recognise the disc as Skate 3?
  7. Mister Maka Win User

Doom 3 BFG "install disc"

Hey there USMC N7.

It sounds like you might be having trouble with the disc drive in your case. If you haven't already please run through this
    disc drive troubleshooter. If you're still having trouble please create a new thread and let us know. Thanks!
  8. LikeBigmunson Win User

how to install forza 4 disc 2 with a new copy of forza 4

the cards were not DLC as i now have the same problem

i had a damaged disc 1, disc 2 content was installed but now i try to play with a new version it is not recognised
Thema:

1. Trouble with new xbox one not always recognising discs - Similar Threads - Trouble always recognising

2. Trouble Playing Games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Trouble Playing Games: I downloaded The Outer Worlds from game pass and when I tried to start it up it said that I didn't have the rights. I assumed it wasn't a big deal. When I tried to play another game afterwards it...
  3. Troubles with Assassin's Creed Odyssey

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Troubles with Assassin's Creed Odyssey: Hello! I'm facing an issue with my Xbox One S. When I was playing Assassin's Creed Odyssey, the game was with a bug in the cutscenes, where the audio didn't matches the video and a very long...
  4. Xbox will randomly turn off, have trouble normally going into stanby

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox will randomly turn off, have trouble normally going into stanby: My Xbox One X (Alpha Build) has been turning off maybe once every other day. This is usually when I'm going to the home screen, or inside the guide. It hasn't turned off while playing a game. A...
  5. Trouble Processing Payment

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Trouble Processing Payment: So I am trying to change my gamertag and everything is working, and I have the money required to buy a gamertag change in my account but when I click "Buy" it Shows (screenshot). How do I solve...
  6. trouble redeemimg xbox live gold card

in XBoX on Consoles
    trouble redeemimg xbox live gold card: I purchased a 3 month Xbox live gold card, I entered the code on my Xbox counsel, wouldn't accept the code first few times, then it says "code has already been redeemed" but I still can't play...
  7. Trouble turning on then shuting off by itself

in XBoX on Consoles
    Trouble turning on then shuting off by itself: Hello I'll preface this by saying Im terrible with technology and ive hard reset multiple times and tried pair + eject. When I turn my x box one on I get the power on chime but thats it no picture...
  8. always the same message: trouble connecting to the internet

in XBoX Games and Apps
    always the same message: trouble connecting to the internet: It's been easily over six months now that I've been able to play. I keep getting the same message that it is having trouble connecting to the internet and just sits there. Nothing has changed....
  9. Best Game but always having trouble connecting

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Best Game but always having trouble connecting: Again having trouble connecting. Xbox should fine a way to correct this problem or replace the Game. b71a63c2-005f-4d1e-9967-03b28550f67a
  10. Why does bingo always have trouble connecting to the internet? I don't have a problem with ...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does bingo always have trouble connecting to the internet? I don't have a problem with ...: Why does bingo always have trouble connecting to the internet? I don't have a problem with the other games. 3ca91703-5bad-4160-bc93-ed201dbe5913