Trying to allow my child to add friends on minecraft

Discus and support Trying to allow my child to add friends on minecraft in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; My child wants to add friends in minecraft but is getting an error that says he cannot because of the way his account is set up. I've tried removing... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by CliveMiller1, Jan 14, 2020 at 8:53 AM.

1. CliveMiller1
    CliveMiller1 Guest

My child wants to add friends in minecraft but is getting an error that says he cannot because of the way his account is set up. I've tried removing all restrictions but nothing has worked.

:)

CliveMiller1, Jan 14, 2020 at 8:53 AM
  2. Geth Win User

3. CliveMiller1 Win User

Rather annoyingly, this thread (https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...iends-on/99d48ff8-c222-49af-a7fb-a2501ca7315f)
    asks this question, thousands of people have the same problem, I've found the answer but the thread is closed so I cannot post the answer there! Thanks, Micro$oft!

This page has the answer:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...ge-childs-xbox-privacy-online-safety-settings

Basically, you have to sign in to account.xbox.com with the adult account, then go to Profile > Privacy Settings, then click the game name of your child, There are then lots of options.

Select the Xbox One/Windows 10 Online Safety tab

At the bottom, change Add Friends to Allow and click Submit.

At this point, Minecraft still will not allow you to add friends. You have to actually sign out of Microsoft and sign back in again. It's no good just closing Minecraft and opening again!

In Minecraft, go back to the main screen, then click Profile.

Click the Cog wheel, to go to User Profile and Settings.

Click Sign out of your Microsoft Account.

Click Sign Out.

Then click Sign in for Free!

Click Save to Microsoft Account (if you want, probably better than Leave on Device)

It should then take you to the Microsoft sign-in screen. If it doesn't, try leaving Minecraft and starting it again.

Sign in, then click Let's Play!

Hopefully, you'll now be able to add friends.
  4. VALENTINO 02 Win User

I suggest double checking the restrictions and after that doing a hard reboot by holding the xbox power button for 10 seconds.
  5. CloudierJet942 Win User

7 year old boy looking for Minecraft friends

Hi debbie

I am to looking for friends for my son who is six going to be seven this November. We don't have a mic currently either but plan to get one soon. I will add ur son to his friends list! Anyone else reading this and has a child that loves to play minecraft
    add my son!
  6. FurryCoast41833 Win User

Child's gamertag missing from parents Privacy & online safety settings

I'm having the same problem. My kids set up xbox accounts on their iPads and want to play minecraft together. I've spent ages trying to allow them to connect as friends and go into the family settings under my account and click allow friends and click save,
    but every time I log back in, it has not saved and still has the ability to add friends blocked. I would really appreciate advice how to give my kids permission to be friends. thanks
    Same issue, terrible experience trying to accept an invite for a Minecraft realm. Still not solved and "Xbox 360 Online Safety" "Accept Friend Requests" settings remains "blocked" despite clicking "allowed" and saving many many many times.
Thema:

1. Trying to allow my child to add friends on minecraft - Similar Threads - Trying allow child

2. Trying to allow multiplayer

in XBoX on Consoles
    Trying to allow multiplayer: I purchased XBox Live Gold so my sons could play fortnite and other multiplayer game . It keeps telling me their settings are wrong and they can't play multiplayer. I've allowed multiplayer and...
  3. This gamertag isn’t allowed. Try a different one.

in XBoX on Consoles
    This gamertag isn’t allowed. Try a different one.: Can’t change my gamer tag to a new tag with “Sm3xy” in it even though it’s already in my current gamer tag. Ive tried to pair it with everything but it just doesn’t seem to like the word “Sm3xy”....
  4. I am trying to submit a repair ticket and the system will not allow me to.

in XBoX Accessibility
    I am trying to submit a repair ticket and the system will not allow me to.: When the selection for a state shows up, there is nothing for me to choose from and i cannot bypass it. d7158047-15ac-44d0-b3d3-5df607e48745
  5. design lab doesn't allow the engraving so the order can't be placed. I've been trying this...

in XBoX on Windows
    design lab doesn't allow the engraving so the order can't be placed. I've been trying this...: I'm trying to design a controller for an ibox. It doesn't allow engraving. I get a message "an error has occurred." 429373dd-fd22-4a4c-8c38-00893708e653
  6. Trying to allow my child to be able to add friends on XBOX ONE. Found the page in settings, ...

in XBoX on Windows
    Trying to allow my child to be able to add friends on XBOX ONE. Found the page in settings, ...: Tried this on the mobile site and on a regular computer. Other tabs let me save options, but this middle tab is reverting anything I set. No error message is given....
  7. Trying to allow my child to add friends on minecraft

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Trying to allow my child to add friends on minecraft: My child wants to add friends in minecraft but is getting an error that says he cannot because of the way his account is set up. I've tried removing all restrictions but nothing has worked....
  8. not allowing me to play/ trying to make me rebuy

in XBoX Games and Apps
    not allowing me to play/ trying to make me rebuy: i got on to try and play destiny when i did it said i need the disc when i have digital. after trying to uninstall and reinstall it i click on it and it takes me straight to the store and i trying...
  9. Trying to purchase a shark card for GTA, says my settings don't allow for me to purchase ...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Trying to purchase a shark card for GTA, says my settings don't allow for me to purchase ...: Im trying to purchase a shark card, when I try to purchase this it says "Your settings are blocking purchases of free of free of paid content. If you still want to buy this, first change your...
  10. When I try to play online It tells me that my profile is not allowed to play on Xbox live.

in XBoX on Consoles
    When I try to play online It tells me that my profile is not allowed to play on Xbox live.: When I try to play online, It tells me that my profile is not allowed to play on Xbox live. 8eec6d54-0357-4ccd-a3ae-743bc1d27f86