Trying to allow my child to add friends on minecraft

Discus and support Trying to allow my child to add friends on minecraft in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; My child wants to add friends in minecraft but is getting an error that says he cannot because of the way his account is set up. I've tried removing... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by CliveMiller1, Jan 14, 2020.

1. CliveMiller1
    CliveMiller1 Guest

My child wants to add friends in minecraft but is getting an error that says he cannot because of the way his account is set up. I've tried removing all restrictions but nothing has worked.

:)

CliveMiller1, Jan 14, 2020
  2. Geth Win User

3. CliveMiller1 Win User

Rather annoyingly, this thread (https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...iends-on/99d48ff8-c222-49af-a7fb-a2501ca7315f)
    asks this question, thousands of people have the same problem, I've found the answer but the thread is closed so I cannot post the answer there! Thanks, Micro$oft!

This page has the answer:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...ge-childs-xbox-privacy-online-safety-settings

Basically, you have to sign in to account.xbox.com with the adult account, then go to Profile > Privacy Settings, then click the game name of your child, There are then lots of options.

Select the Xbox One/Windows 10 Online Safety tab

At the bottom, change Add Friends to Allow and click Submit.

At this point, Minecraft still will not allow you to add friends. You have to actually sign out of Microsoft and sign back in again. It's no good just closing Minecraft and opening again!

In Minecraft, go back to the main screen, then click Profile.

Click the Cog wheel, to go to User Profile and Settings.

Click Sign out of your Microsoft Account.

Click Sign Out.

Then click Sign in for Free!

Click Save to Microsoft Account (if you want, probably better than Leave on Device)

It should then take you to the Microsoft sign-in screen. If it doesn't, try leaving Minecraft and starting it again.

Sign in, then click Let's Play!

Hopefully, you'll now be able to add friends.
  4. VALENTINO 02 Win User

I suggest double checking the restrictions and after that doing a hard reboot by holding the xbox power button for 10 seconds.
  5. jaghuar Win User

How can I change my child's (MS Family) permissions to allow them to add friends in Minecraft (Win10 PC version - Not Java)?

I have activated all these settings and my child’s profile still cannot add friends on minecraft. I can join his world but he cannot join my world. He shows 1 friend on the friends tab but it doesn’t show any joinable friends or my world inside the friends
    tab. I have even changed all settings to allow everything (defeats the purpose) and I still cannot add friends on his account. Please help!!!!!!
  6. Mr daffypyle Win User

Allowing Child Account to Add Friends

Hi,

Adults in the family can manage settings online and these changes will be applied to any Windows 10 device the child signs in.

You can refer to the article Set up your family to
    know more of what you could manage.

In the article Add members to your Microsoft family,
    there is a note that if the person that you're adding is already part of another family, they'll first need to be removed from that family.

Hope you find the answer to your queries in these articles.
Thema:

1. Trying to allow my child to add friends on minecraft - Similar Threads - Trying allow child

2. current profile is not allowed to use xbox live is what I get when trying to play black ops...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    current profile is not allowed to use xbox live is what I get when trying to play black ops...: I have game pass ultimate and I can play other games online. I tried everything that support had told me from resetting my mac address to deleting and redownloading my 360 profile. Nothing has...
  3. Any issues with COD Modern Warfare? I try to play the campaign off line and doesn't allow me

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Any issues with COD Modern Warfare? I try to play the campaign off line and doesn't allow me: I Reinstall my COD Modern Warefare on my Series X, I can't play the campaign off line, I get 2 notices: 1. "you not own or are missing Data Pack 1 DLC. Please Download and install". it is...
  4. Via the streaming app it allows me to stream my xbox games but when I try and switch it to...

in XboX Insiders
    Via the streaming app it allows me to stream my xbox games but when I try and switch it to...: [IMG] submitted by /u/Coast_Legal [link] [comments]
  5. Via the streaming app it allows me to stream my xbox games but when I try and switch it to...

in XboX Insiders
    Via the streaming app it allows me to stream my xbox games but when I try and switch it to...: [IMG] submitted by /u/Coast_Legal [link] [comments]
  6. "This gamertag isn't allowed. Try a different one."

in XBoX on Consoles
    "This gamertag isn't allowed. Try a different one.": I get this error when trying to change it to my current username. I don't understand why it isn't allowed. cf6ca9ef-2fd4-4a78-a443-859929e24b51
  7. Im trying to change my gamertag, but its saying that its not allowed.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Im trying to change my gamertag, but its saying that its not allowed.: Hi, Im trying to change my gamertag to "Fozzie" and it is saying that the gamertag is not allowed and I dont know why, because i dont beleive its slang for anything offensive or anything like...
  8. Trying to allow my 12 y/o child add friends on minecraft, but can't figure out how.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Trying to allow my 12 y/o child add friends on minecraft, but can't figure out how.: All settings have been changed, but still does not work. Please help. 5b12433a-7b28-4fb3-9892-a5382823039d
  9. Trying to allow my child to be able to add friends on XBOX ONE. Found the page in settings, ...

in XBoX on Windows
    Trying to allow my child to be able to add friends on XBOX ONE. Found the page in settings, ...: Tried this on the mobile site and on a regular computer. Other tabs let me save options, but this middle tab is reverting anything I set. No error message is given....
  10. Trying to allow my child to add friends on minecraft

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Trying to allow my child to add friends on minecraft: My child wants to add friends in minecraft but is getting an error that says he cannot because of the way his account is set up. I've tried removing all restrictions but nothing has worked....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. minecraft child account cant add friends

2. allow child to add friends minecraft