Trying to change gamertag

Discus and support Trying to change gamertag in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; When I tried to change my gamertag on the new system it would not work, even though it let me get to the screen where it says "are you sure you want to... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Kaden789, Mar 22, 2020.

1. Kaden789
    Kaden789 Guest

When I tried to change my gamertag on the new system it would not work, even though it let me get to the screen where it says "are you sure you want to change your gamertag to this?" I pressed change gamertag and then it said "sorry, try your new gamertag
    again" and I did that but still nothing. It kept on showing the same page. I did not put an annapropriate name or anything bad like that. Why is it happening to me and how can I get my new gamertag now that its not working on the website as I did the steps
    needed to change it?

:)

Kaden789, Mar 22, 2020
  2. Waitininvain Win User

trying to change gamertag

Try formatting the whole HDD then downloading a non gold account and then try re-downloading gold account to usb.
  3. Mister Fitzer Win User

Hey Chaka, I'm sorry to hear that. Looking into your account, it appears your issue has been passed along to an Engineer, is this correct? If so, would you mind keeping this thread updated with what you find out?
  4. Mister Fitzer Win User

Sorry to hear it BOOm! Okay, can you try logging into
    https://login.live.com?
    If you can log in with your Gamertag credentials, look to see if any notices are listed on that page. What do you see exactly? Lastly, if that's not doing the trick, try changing the password for the Windows Live ID, and then try
    downloading the profile again. Please do keep us posted!
  5. EatingBoat68 Win User

Have you tried completely deleting the profile from the system and downloading the profile again fresh and new?
  6. SychoSide Win User

Have you tried all the methods? You can change your gamertag via the Microsoft website, the Xbox console (both the One and the 360) as well as the Xbox Companion app for Windows 10.

The steps can be found here for each method: https://beta.support.xbox.com/help/account-profile/profile/change-xbox-live-gamertag

If none of those methods work for you still, I suggest contacting Xbox Support and explain your situation.

Hope that helps!
Thema:

1. Trying to change gamertag - Similar Threads - Trying change gamertag

2. Trying to change gamertag but keep getting suffix?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Trying to change gamertag but keep getting suffix?: I've been trying to change my gamertag from this default one to something I know hasn't been taken but I keep getting an annoying suffix put on it. Someone does have the same name with a space. Is...
  3. So I changed my gamertag to try their new "suffix" way, but I am trying to revert back to...

in XboX Insiders
    So I changed my gamertag to try their new "suffix" way, but I am trying to revert back to...: [IMG] submitted by /u/Talers-Username [link] [comments]
  4. Trying to change my gamertag to a name doesn't exist but is also "unavailable"

in XBoX Accessibility
    Trying to change my gamertag to a name doesn't exist but is also "unavailable": Hello I'd really like to claim an original gamertag name that I have been watching for a long time now, the account appears to be deleted, I checked all possible spaced versions of the tag, it has...
  5. Can't change Gamertag (Region changes everytime I try to pay)

in XBoX on Windows
    Can't change Gamertag (Region changes everytime I try to pay): Hey everyone, I'm from Argentina and I'm having troubles trying to change my gamertag, I'm willing to pay the 9.99 price for it, but everytime I'm on the Xbox Argenta site, when I try to go and...
  6. "An error has occurred. Please try again." message appeared while changing Xbox Gamertag

in XBoX on Windows
    "An error has occurred. Please try again." message appeared while changing Xbox Gamertag: How to fix this error? I can't change it. 40b7e2cd-c0b9-42e1-a7dd-bd27be6877cc
  7. Tried to change Gamertag but was told that I already did...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Tried to change Gamertag but was told that I already did...: I tried to change my gamertag but a pop up stated that I already used my one free pass for changing my gamertag. Thing is, I never did and it has been the same from the start. I really want to...
  8. getting error code when trying to change gamertag

in XBoX on Consoles
    getting error code when trying to change gamertag: Getting this error code 445902db-6751-4b5d-a00a-449e87a4f2d1 when paying for new gamer tag cae419ea-c674-4e24-93c3-27a919fbfe5b
  9. Error when trying to change gamertag for child account "Something went wrong: "

in XBoX on Consoles
    Error when trying to change gamertag for child account "Something went wrong: ": Hello, I'm been trying to change the Gamertag for my child account, and no matter what gamertag I choose, even one of the suggested ones, I receive an error: Something Went Wrong Purchase-3001...
  10. Trying to change Gamertag but nothing is happening

in XBoX on Consoles
    Trying to change Gamertag but nothing is happening: So I'm trying to change my gamertag and when I check the availability it says it's available however when I press the Claim It button it does nothing. It's acting like it's check the availability...