Trying to connect xbox controller to laptop

Discus and support Trying to connect xbox controller to laptop in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I've been trying to connect my xbox controller to my laptop. I am aware that I have the older controller and so I need a micro usb to connect it.... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by DannyPark4, Apr 4, 2020.

1. DannyPark4
    DannyPark4 Guest

I've been trying to connect my xbox controller to my laptop. I am aware that I have the older controller and so I need a micro usb to connect it. however, when I plug the controller into the laptop it keeps flashing without connecting.

Any help would be appreciated.

:)

DannyPark4, Apr 4, 2020
  2. ericjwilborn Win User

What version of Windows is on your computer? It needs to be Windows 10. You'll also need the Xbox app installed. If you're good on both of those things, first try other USB ports on your computer. You can also try to update the firmware on it through the
    Xbox Accessories app for Windows 10.
  3. DanMen334 Win User

you must have windows 10 and the xbox app on your pc
  4. ArminatorX Win User

My earbuds are not working well

So if I understand you correctly, you are streaming from your console to your laptop, and you have your controller connected to the laptop with your earbuds connected to the controller?

How is your controller connected to the laptop? Via MicroUSB cable or via the Xbox wireless adapter for Windows 10?
  5. UncleSpoods Win User

Controller Not Connecting to My Windows 10 Laptop.

Hi Mister Quasar,

First of all, thanks for responding.

I do have an Xbox One S that the controller works fine with, and I did try following that guide, but the said problems came up.

I wasn't able to connect the controller to another Windows 10 laptop, but that was because the laptop itself has some sort of problem with the Bluetooth.

I do know that on my laptop, when I try and click to connect to the controller, it comes up with the message: "Check the PIN and try connecting again".

Sorry, the image is a bit big.

[​IMG]
  6. P333 EVS Win User

no party chat when streaming xbox app.

this is a known common issue. a few things that worked for me.

1. connect the controller to the laptop rather than xbox. i use the xbox wireless apadter so i can wirelessly connect my controller to the laptop.

or

2. start the xbox then load the game. once in the game start the xbox app and start streaming it to your laptop. then resync the controller to the xbox. this works 8 out of 10 times.
Thema:

1. Trying to connect xbox controller to laptop - Similar Threads - Trying connect controller

2. Help! Both of my brothers' Xbox one controllers lose connection intermittently - tried...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Help! Both of my brothers' Xbox one controllers lose connection intermittently - tried...: Hello, I was wondering if anybody would be able to help. My brothers both have xbox one controllers (genuine branded), and for the last 2 years or so, they've operated without issues. That was...
  3. Controllers keep disconnecting and re-connecting tried everything - please help!

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controllers keep disconnecting and re-connecting tried everything - please help!: my controller will randomly disconnect and re-connect, seems to happen the most in NHL but also happens in COD and world of warships...... Here is what I've tried as trouble shooting: 1)2...
  4. when i hold the pair button and try to connect to my pc the controller turns off?

in XBoX on Windows
    when i hold the pair button and try to connect to my pc the controller turns off?: i noticed that it connects to my phone perfectly fine in that past and it still does, i noticed when it connects to my phone i dont have to use the pair button but when i connect it to my pc i...
  5. I just got a shiny new Xbox controller with Bluetooth, so I am trying to connect my...

in XboX Insiders
    I just got a shiny new Xbox controller with Bluetooth, so I am trying to connect my...: [IMG] submitted by /u/GnarlyNut [link] [comments]
  6. i am trying to connect my wireless xbox one s controller to my windows labtop, the problem...

in XBoX on Windows
    i am trying to connect my wireless xbox one s controller to my windows labtop, the problem...: i am trying to connect my wireless xbox one s controller to my windows labtop, the problem is the computer is asking for a pin. where is it/which sheet of paper is it on?...
  7. I am trying to connect a Xbox one controller to my Xbox but the pair button doesn't work.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I am trying to connect a Xbox one controller to my Xbox but the pair button doesn't work.: Recently my Xbox one fell on the floor and the side plate fell off, and the pair button is fried. About a week later I paired my Xbox one controller to my phone but, I can't pair the controller to...
  8. Xbox one controller flashes like strobe light when trying to sync and wont connect

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one controller flashes like strobe light when trying to sync and wont connect: I already asked an ambassador about this but he was rude and completely unhelpful, so this is all I can think to do now. The controller in question is one I normally use for playing PC games, so...
  9. Xbox controller does not connect to the xbox after connecting to PC (tried other suggestions)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox controller does not connect to the xbox after connecting to PC (tried other suggestions): Yesterday I successfully connected my wireless xbox elite controller to my PC to stream and it worked fine. I am now trying to reconnect and finding that my Xbox (not the controller) makes no...
  10. I bought a Steam Link and I tried to connect my Xbox one controller wirelessly with the ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I bought a Steam Link and I tried to connect my Xbox one controller wirelessly with the ...: So I bought a Steam Link and I tried to connect my Xbox one wireless adapter to it to use my Xbox one controller wirelessly and its not working!! Then I googled why isn't it working and apparently...