Trying to get a repair booked on my controller - Sorry, something went wrong

Discus and support Trying to get a repair booked on my controller - Sorry, something went wrong in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Trying to get a repair or replacement booked for my faulty controller, which has developed a fault after less than a month. When I attempt to book... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Send Hook, Jan 14, 2022.

1. Send Hook
    Send Hook Guest

Trying to get a repair or replacement booked for my faulty controller, which has developed a fault after less than a month.

When I attempt to book this in, when I get to the shipping address part of the process, I repeatedly get a message saying sorry, something went wrong. We're not sure what happened but refreshing the page may help, or try again in a little while.

Well, I'm not sure what happened either, so:

- I've refreshed the page

- I've tried again in a little while, and a longer while

- I've done so across several different devices and browsers

- I've attempted to contact MS via phone or webchat, but apparently that service is not offered for this issue, so it doesn't really help.

- I've looked on the community and found that there are several questions like this, all locked, seemingly without an answer, but with plenty of other people experiencing the same issue.

Now, hardware failures I can totally accept; critical aspects of a service website I have something of a harder time with, especially when other support avenues offered don't seem to cover this issue . I'd really appreciate some assistance from MS on this please.

How do I get this resolved please?

:)

Send Hook, Jan 14, 2022
  2. Send Hook Win User

Thanks for your reply, but I'm afraid the MS callback system isn't working. It simply says this after I enter my number:

'Something went wrong at our end. We’re working on it.'

It does this repeatedly. I seem to be simply unable to contact MS directly for what feels to me like a relatively commonplace issue. Is there any way we can get this back to MS?
  3. David_1976 Win User

Hi Georges C

I am still unable to contact anyone regarding this same issue, any other advice?

Many thanks
  4. Georges C. Win User

Hello, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is welcome to the community.

Hello Send, as this forum is public viewing and unfortunately as independent consultants we do not have access there is some data and neither your account, we can not specify the actual reason or open the service order for you.

Try contacting Xbox support via chat again, and ask them to open the work order for you.

https://support.xbox.com/en-us/contact-us
  5. Send Hook Win User

Additionally I've tried contacting by phone and the automated system simply says to use the xbox support page which isn't working and then hangs up.

This is incredibly poor customer service for something I paid hundreds for.

(Edit - no disrespect to Georges C on this by the way - appreciate you're trying to help)
  6. Send Hook Win User

Hopefully this will help someone - using the link provided by Georges C (thanks Georges!) i started a conversation with the virtual agent with the phrase 'my controller is broke'.

The agent then asks for the type of controller, then the serial number - this should determine if the item is in warranty.

It may ask you to do some basic troubleshooting - which I've already done and I presume anyone reading this has - so just tell it that didn't work (obviously, if you haven't carried out troubleshooting, consider doing that first).

Eventually it should hopefully link to a webform where you can request a new controller, having filled this in you'll get a support request number.

If I remember I'll update if I hear anything more but this feels like progress. Thanks to everyone who's contributed to this thread.
Thema:

1. Trying to get a repair booked on my controller - Sorry, something went wrong - Similar Threads - Trying repair booked

2. I can't launch Halo Infinite and I've tried reinstalling, resetting, and repairing. Why...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't launch Halo Infinite and I've tried reinstalling, resetting, and repairing. Why...: [img] I can't launch my game and there's nothing online that I can find that can fix this. aa01f282-c687-4a95-8762-3325f206aed5
  3. Trying to get a call back for a repair

in XBoX on Consoles
    Trying to get a call back for a repair: Hello, My Xbox Series X keeps over heating and turning off. Ive tried everything I’ve also been trying to submit the online form however, it just says ‘something went wrong’ try again. Ive tried...
  4. Trying to action a repair

in XBoX on Consoles
    Trying to action a repair: Trying to send my XBOX Series S if for a repair, The message below is all I get every time I have tried to put the requests in. I have tried all different browsers and including Firefox . “If...
  5. Trying to get help from support. regarding a controller repair service request. getting no...

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Trying to get help from support. regarding a controller repair service request. getting no...: I Created my controller repair service request on 10/10/2020 and I had some trouble receiving a shipping label. however, When I eventually received one on the 27th of October I got my controller...
  6. Trying to get my device in for repair under warranty

in XBoX on Consoles
    Trying to get my device in for repair under warranty: Tried multiple times in multiple browsers but the same thing is happening. Ive got an issue with my Xbox One X. Looks like it could be a failing HDD. Started with save game corruption and i...
  7. Tried sending my controller for repair

in XBoX on Consoles
    Tried sending my controller for repair: I have filled the form under the warranty repair/ replace process but is keeps saying 'there is a problem at our end please try again later' that is the 10th time i have tried can i get some...
  8. Xbox One X HDMI cutting in and out, error trying to send it in for repair.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One X HDMI cutting in and out, error trying to send it in for repair.: I recently (after months just fine started having an issue where the HDMI output from my X is not being picked up. Tried a new HDMI cord, inspecting HDMI out, different TV, booting in low res, all...
  9. I am trying to submit a repair ticket and the system will not allow me to.

in XBoX Accessibility
    I am trying to submit a repair ticket and the system will not allow me to.: When the selection for a state shows up, there is nothing for me to choose from and i cannot bypass it. d7158047-15ac-44d0-b3d3-5df607e48745
  10. So, 2nd try to get my xbox repaired failed

in XBoX on Consoles
    So, 2nd try to get my xbox repaired failed: Hi, So just received my 'advanced repaired' xbox one original i.e. a brand new console. Well only problem is that no power supply was included and apparently the reson for why my Xbox doesn't...