Trying to sign in to Xbox One having forgotten which email address was used to set up my...

Discus and support Trying to sign in to Xbox One having forgotten which email address was used to set up my... in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; My husband bought an Xbox One for himself and managed to get it up and running. However, we have recently changed our EE modem and it seems he set it... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Confused_ERS, Jul 11, 2019.

1. Confused_ERS
    Confused_ERS Guest

Trying to sign in to Xbox One having forgotten which email address was used to set up my...

My husband bought an Xbox One for himself and managed to get it up and running. However, we have recently changed our EE modem and it seems he set it up with all the security options required, so it is asking for a password then will send a code to the
    email address that was set up for security purposes (same as the one used to set up the account?). It looks like when he set it up he mis-spelt the email address, so the security code is being sent to a btinternet email address with the spelling 'btinternt.com'
    unforutnately. As the final 'e' is missing we can never receive the code! He would like to keep the same account as it included access to the free game that came with the Xbox - Forza Horizon 4. I've tried contacting Microsoft to see if they are able to
    look at the account, but all they can do is say they have sent the code to the email associated with the account. But he can't remember what he used and here's where I'm assuming that is the .....@btinternt.com (missing 'e')! I have tried to contact Xbox
    chat but it just takes me round in circles, so I am really hoping there is someone here who can advise how we can resolve this. After all, it was just a typo! Thank you in anticipation ....

:)

Confused_ERS, Jul 11, 2019
  2. Confused_ERS Win User

Trying to sign in to Xbox One having forgotten which email address was used to set up my account

Hi all who very kindly replied so quickly. From a combination of all your suggestions, I think we have cracked it! I looked on the Xbox underneath the gamertag and husband had also managed to spell our Microsoft email address incorrectly, and had actually,
    without being aware what he was doing, set up a new Microsoft account, with a letter missing from our actual account! So I have been able to access that Microsoft account (because he did remember the password he used!) and choose to update the security information.
    We just have to wait one month for that to update, then when the Xbox sends a security code to the email address I have now put in there, we will be able to receive it and use it. So on 8th August he will be able to play his beloved game again! Thank you
    all for helping me understand how to resolve this successfully. Bye for now.
  3. XBF Brad A Win User

Trying to sign in to Xbox One having forgotten which email address was used to set up my account

Hi ERS,

A Microsoft account is same as the Xbox account. If the email is not correct, it will also not be correct on the Microsoft account. So it would be best to go through the account recovery, all this does will allow to add another way to verify the account
    since you cant verify it at the moment with the misspelled email. We understand you can get into the account but you are unable to verify it. This is why I having you do the account recovery. You can sign in, then try and add a verification, but you need to
    verify again. Then when you do it puts a 30 day lock on your account. You can use it, but cant change anything or purchase anything for 30 days. Still have questions, you can request a call from support to assist you better.

When you go to Contact Us,follow these steps to request a call from support:

• Step 1 ----select Xbox One
    • Step 2 ----select see other options then subscription changes
    • Step 3-----select show contact options

Step 4 ----select request call from support

Once they call explain the issue and they will be able to help you. Note that these options regularly change so just keep selecting something that gives request a call from support as a contact option.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Brad

Thanks,

Brad
  4. XBF Crystal P Win User

Hey there Confused_ERS!

Thank you for letting us know that the issue has been fixed. We'll be locking the thread as the issue has been resolved. If you ever require any help with any other issues please feel free to come back to the Xbox Forums for further assistance.

Thank you again and have a great day!
  5. StuartATrueRed Win User

try using the troubleshooter on here https://support.xbox.com/en-GB/my-account/microsoft-account/forgot-microsoft-account-solution
  6. XBF Brad A Win User

Hi ERS,

Thanks for coming to the forums. We recommend trying the
    account recovery form
    . This is for instances like this.

1. Make sure name and birthdate are as close as possible.
    2. Put in a couple passwords that have been used.
    3. When asked if made any purchases select yes and Xbox.
    4. Then it will aske for gamer tag and Console id. Console id can be found under settings>system>console infor, it will start with a FD.
    Thanks,

Brad
Thema:

1. Trying to sign in to Xbox One having forgotten which email address was used to set up my... - Similar Threads - Trying sign having

2. Xbox Cycles its power when I try to sign in.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Cycles its power when I try to sign in.: Hi there, hoping someone can help. Just out of the blue, everytime I try to log into my xbox after about 3-4 seconds it just restarts my xbox. For some reason this is only on my main GT. I can...
  3. Code 0x87dd0006 when trying to sign into new xbox one s

in XBoX on Consoles
    Code 0x87dd0006 when trying to sign into new xbox one s: Code 0x87dd0006 when trying to sign into new xbox one s Followed directions on https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/errors/error-code-87dd0006 That page also indicated core services were all...
  4. Well my Xbox one is signing in but when it try to play black ops Xbox 360 won't sign in

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Well my Xbox one is signing in but when it try to play black ops Xbox 360 won't sign in: [img] see it just wont sign in for me when im trying to play cbdba70f-99b1-432f-9536-2af14427f3a9
  5. 0x8015DC03 when i try to sign in on my pc

in XBoX on Windows
    0x8015DC03 when i try to sign in on my pc: no result comes up for the code on the support site. 909e5562-c328-4db2-b924-b28a91a0a1c3
  6. Every time I try to sign in to youtube on my xbox one it shows the "Something went wrong"...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Every time I try to sign in to youtube on my xbox one it shows the "Something went wrong"...: I have tried about 20 times I have shut the app down hell I even uninstalled the app and reinstalled and it still tells me Something went wrong, sign-in failed, try again. I have accessed YouTube...
  7. I'm having problems signing in to my Xbox ,says, " we can't sign in right now. try again later.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I'm having problems signing in to my Xbox ,says, " we can't sign in right now. try again later.: I keep getting messages on my Microsoft Solitaire Collection , https://aka.ms/mssolitairefaq and refer to ERROR: 1170000, and my XBOX says we can't sign you in right now. try again later...
  8. I'm trying to play online and I'm signed I and have wifi connected and it says I don't have ...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I'm trying to play online and I'm signed I and have wifi connected and it says I don't have ...: I'm trying to play GTA online and I have wifi connected and signed in but when I click online it says that my profile does not have permission to acesss GTA online...
  9. is anyone else having trouble trying to sign 2 EA access servers

in XBoX Games and Apps
    is anyone else having trouble trying to sign 2 EA access servers: cant sign in to EA servers bbaaf57f-e425-4ad1-b589-2aaa591b07c3
  10. hi i have tried to sign in to my xbox 1

in XBoX on Consoles
    hi i have tried to sign in to my xbox 1: Hi I have the following error upon signing in on my xbox 1 Error Code 0x80a30204 Can anyone help. when restarting console I get a black screen. This has just started today. I am able to sign in...