Trying to turn off Auto Renewal on my Gold

Discus and support Trying to turn off Auto Renewal on my Gold in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; i know where it is on xbox site, but everytime i click to manage my Payment options, i get redirected to live.com with the same question "Did you... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by x5hadowkill3rx, Dec 26, 2014.

1. Trying to turn off Auto Renewal on my Gold

i know where it is on xbox site, but everytime i click to manage my Payment options, i get redirected to live.com with the same question

"Did you request a security info change?

Someone started a process to replace the security info for .....@.....com"
    i click Yes this was me, and it sends a code to my alternate email, i put the code in and it tells me "There's a temporary problem with the service. Please try again. If you continue to get this message, try again later.", so i put the code in again
    and i get "That code didn't work. Check the code and try again." I just want to turn Auto Renewal off, but Microsoft has to turn a simple process into a Maze, can someone please help me before i cancel my card and get a PS4?

:)

x5hadowkill3rx, Dec 26, 2014
  2. Entrekz
    Entrekz Guest
    Xbox Gold

Well, i'm trying to turn off auto payment on my account, but it goes through the things, but when it says turn off auto renewal it says Membership Silver free but then on my xbox i have gold? I'm trying to make a new account that's why.

Entrekz, Dec 26, 2014
  3. Klokkwork
    Klokkwork Guest
    Uh oh.. That shouldn't have happened

Just keep in mind that any time you switch off auto-renewal, you get a notification email. And if it turns back on, you get a notification email. If you turn it off, make note of whether or not you got the email. If you didn't, then something didn't process
    right, and you should assume your auto-renewal is still on. If you turn off your auto-renewal, get the email notifying you it's off, then you apply a prepaid Gold membership card before your Gold expires, it will turn your auto-renewal back on. They tell
    you this when you turn off your auto-renewal.

Klokkwork, Dec 26, 2014
  4. maxen
    maxen Guest

If you're having issues with the website, the best alternative is to speak with Support directly. This bypasses the website and makes sure you won't get charged for it auto-renewing.

Contact them here:

support.xbox.com/contact-us

maxen, Dec 26, 2014
  5. SSondag Win User

How do I turn off auto renewal

When you turn off the auto renewal on a gold subscription, you are only turning it off on the gold you have at that time. If you go back a few days later or a month later and purchase a new gold subscription (because you are controlling when you make that
    purchase) then the auto renewal turns back on. You will then have to have that auto renewal turned off again. The auto renewal is not turned off forever, it's only turned off for the current gold subscription that you have. Hope that explains it a bit more.
  6. Klokkwork Win User

Uh oh.. That shouldn't have happened

Just keep in mind that any time you switch off auto-renewal, you get a notification email. And if it turns back on, you get a notification email. If you turn it off, make note of whether or not you got the email. If you didn't, then something didn't process
    right, and you should assume your auto-renewal is still on. If you turn off your auto-renewal, get the email notifying you it's off, then you apply a prepaid Gold membership card before your Gold expires, it will turn your auto-renewal back on. They tell
    you this when you turn off your auto-renewal.
  7. Smwutches Win User

I was wrongly charged for xbox live?

You can try contacting support, but anytime you purchase gold from Xbox you agree to turn on auto-renewal. They will auto-renew your account with any payment method on file until you turn auto-renewal off. Leaving an expired card on file does not cancel
    a subscription or turn off auto-renewal

1-800-4my-xbox if you're in the US/Canada or
    support.xbox.com/contact-us
  8. jesstheman434 Win User

I want my xbox live Auto Renew off plz

go to my account and should be xbox live gold in the middle and hit auto renewal and turn it off
  9. Smwutches Win User

Basically being robbed by Microsoft I guess :/

You need to call support to have them turn off auto-renewal. Anytime you purchase a gold membership through xbox, you're told auto-renewal will be turned on.
Thema:

1. Trying to turn off Auto Renewal on my Gold - Similar Threads - Trying turn off

2. when i hold the pair button and try to connect to my pc the controller turns off?

in XBoX on Windows
    when i hold the pair button and try to connect to my pc the controller turns off?: i noticed that it connects to my phone perfectly fine in that past and it still does, i noticed when it connects to my phone i dont have to use the pair button but when i connect it to my pc i...
  3. Xbox one x turns off trying to play 2k games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox one x turns off trying to play 2k games: My xbox one x keeps randomly turning off trying to play 2k20. I have tried multiple suggestions but nothing has worked even the one I seen on this forum. Can any one help? I got the game on game...
  4. BUG on controller vibration. Yesterday I turned off the vibration, today I was trying to...

in XboX Insiders
    BUG on controller vibration. Yesterday I turned off the vibration, today I was trying to...: [IMG] submitted by /u/marcosvrj [link] [comments]
  5. Xbox one s turn itself off anytime I try to broadcast to mixer

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one s turn itself off anytime I try to broadcast to mixer: Hi anytime i try to broadcast to mixer its causing my xbox ine s to completely shut itself down after maybe 20 mins or so & then other times not until after at least 1 hour.But it seems to be...
  6. Xbox one turns on for a second then turns off power is brick is orange (tried two other...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one turns on for a second then turns off power is brick is orange (tried two other...: My xbox one orignal turns on for a second then instantly turns off tried multiple power bricks but still not working and tried resetting to by holding the eject button and sync button still not...
  7. I get an error when I try turning off recurring billing

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I get an error when I try turning off recurring billing: I purchased game pass ultimate but can't turn off recurring billing. I get an error message that says "We ran into an error while disabling recurring billing of Xbox Game Pass Ultimate"...
  8. help me my xbox turns off every time i play fortnite ive tried factory reset turning off my...

in XBoX on Consoles
    help me my xbox turns off every time i play fortnite ive tried factory reset turning off my...: help me my xbox turns off every time i play fortnite ive tried factory reset turning off my xbox for ten seconds and take out power plug nothing will work and my xbox is brand new looking forwed...
  9. (Rarely appears) Xbox One S controller tries syncing after turning off Xbox One S

in XBoX on Consoles
    (Rarely appears) Xbox One S controller tries syncing after turning off Xbox One S: This is rarely popping up but sometimes when I turn off my Xbox one s the controller doesn't turn off with it and it looks for a console to sync to. Last time it happened I had to turn on the Xbox...
  10. Xbox One X turns off unexpectedly when I try to switch it on

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One X turns off unexpectedly when I try to switch it on: When I turn on the console it comes to the loading screen (where it shows a 4k processor and all) and then it suddenly turns off. It does not happen all the time but happens very frequently. I...