Trying to use two headsets to chat with wife (and other party members) in game on same XB1 ...

Discus and support Trying to use two headsets to chat with wife (and other party members) in game on same XB1 ... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; We can hear other people talking, they can hear us talking. But she and I can't hear each other. This is a problem because of the noise cancelling... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by CTRL ALT NOPE, Sep 3, 2014.

1. Trying to use two headsets to chat with wife (and other party members) in game on same XB1 ...

We can hear other people talking, they can hear us talking. But she and I can't hear each other. This is a problem because of the noise cancelling headsets. She is using the XB1 stereo headset and I have TB X32.

xbox support seems stumped. Any suggestions?

:)

CTRL ALT NOPE, Sep 3, 2014
  2. FraggerMD
    FraggerMD Guest
    2 player chat on same xbox

I and my son ran into the same thing today. I bought us both Logitech headsets for Christmas. We are able to play split screen, and we can talk to other members of our party. But we can't hear each other talk. The headsets block out most outside noise,
    so even though he and I are sitting right next to each other, we can't coordinate with each other in-game.

Microsoft if you're listening, please add an option that allows two people with headsets, playing on the same console, to chat with each other *through* the headsets.

FraggerMD, Sep 3, 2014
  3. Alliasjay
    Alliasjay Guest
    Party chat through Headset

Greetings.

The annoying issue here is that when I plug in my XB1 Headset (to make use of the Mic, rather than using the Kinect) I no longer hear people in my party through my headset (Wireless). When I unplug the XB1 headset I get my party chat through my headphones.
    I do not really want to have to have this XB1 headset stuck to one ear with my proper headset on the other.

Just wondering if anyone has come across a solution for this, and I cannot really solder wireless headphones to the XB1 headset, so that's not really an option. Would much prefer to just use the XB1 Headset Mic and my own Headset with party chat coming through
    my own headset (as if I was using the Kinect for the Mic)

Cheers

Alliasjay, Sep 3, 2014
  4. Trying to use two headsets to chat with wife (and other party members) in game on same XB1 ...

Is this on the same Xbox One by chance? Anyone on the same console will not be heard through party chat for the other because the console considers them to be in the same room and doesn't broadcast it. If it is from different consoles in the same household,
    it could be network related. Do you know what each consoles NAT type shows up as if this is the case?

EddieHendrickson, Sep 3, 2014
  5. EddieHendrickson Win User

Trying to use two headsets to chat with wife (and other party members) in game on same XB1 console

Is this on the same Xbox One by chance? Anyone on the same console will not be heard through party chat for the other because the console considers them to be in the same room and doesn't broadcast it. If it is from different consoles in the same household,
    it could be network related. Do you know what each consoles NAT type shows up as if this is the case?
  6. DangerousBard Win User

How many headsets can be added to 1 xbox 360 console?

Yes you can add two, yet with some limitations. Both players will need to be logged into separate accounts, and both can be used to chat with others in an online party chat. However, the two players on the same XBox 360 will not be able to hear each other's
    voices in the party chat. This is due to Microsoft disabling local chat on the Xbox 360. Other party members will be able to hear both players, however.
  7. FraggerMD Win User

2 player chat on same xbox

I and my son ran into the same thing today. I bought us both Logitech headsets for Christmas. We are able to play split screen, and we can talk to other members of our party. But we can't hear each other talk. The headsets block out most outside noise,
    so even though he and I are sitting right next to each other, we can't coordinate with each other in-game.

Microsoft if you're listening, please add an option that allows two people with headsets, playing on the same console, to chat with each other *through* the headsets.
  8. ThatOneMurse Win User

Chat mixer not showing up with Astro a50

ok so I did end up trying to see if using my other two headsets would fix the problem, both are completely different brands, and I’m still having the same issue. Party chat volume is obnoxiously loud and the only adjustment I can make is the volume of the
    game audio. Chat stays the same. So this tells me it’s a somethnng within my xbox itself.
  9. Dynamic Sausage Win User

Optical out patch coming soon ?

[quote user="iDeathly Omen"]

Feb 1st I think the patch is coming since that is when Xb1 headsets are due for release. I will be buying a new turtle beach headset made for Xb1 myself.

[/quote]

What do you mean by headsets? Turtle Beach and other 3rd party headsets or new official chat headsets being released?
Thema:

Trying to use two headsets to chat with wife (and other party members) in game on same XB1 ...

1. Trying to use two headsets to chat with wife (and other party members) in game on same XB1 ... - Similar Threads - Trying headsets chat

2. Is there a known issue with headsets and mics on Xbox one today. We've tried all the...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is there a known issue with headsets and mics on Xbox one today. We've tried all the...: Is there a known problem with Xbox headset as we can't get ours to work this morning. 4cb770bb-bc49-42eb-8374-c01059428852
  3. Headset not picking up on xbox one( have tried new controller, new headset, updating ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Headset not picking up on xbox one( have tried new controller, new headset, updating ...: Hi there im stuck getting my headset to work on my xbox one. ive reset everything twice, tried updating controller with cord attached and headset, checked all online settings/ voice commuications/...
  4. Help! Whenever I try to use my Xbox One Controller no headsets work!

in XBoX on Consoles
    Help! Whenever I try to use my Xbox One Controller no headsets work!: My Standard Xbox One Pro controller seems to have an issue with it. Whenever I'm using any kind of gaming headset with a standard audio jack, if I touch it EVER SO SLIGHTLY or move, I lose all...
  5. Mic on xbox one headset not working....any solutions? Tried all the suggestions

in XBoX on Consoles
    Mic on xbox one headset not working....any solutions? Tried all the suggestions: Our aftermarket and Xbox One stereo headphones mics are not being picked up.by the One. We tested both mics and they worked. Done all of the suggestions from MS. There is a thread on this...
  6. Headset Chat Won't Work. Tried Everything. Please Help.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Headset Chat Won't Work. Tried Everything. Please Help.: Hello Forum, I'm having and issue with my Xbox One headset, I'm currently using the in box head set for the original Xbox one controller. When I play games (party chat or in game chat) I can hear...
  7. Looking for help regarding headsets/tried online chat and the ambassador left on me.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Looking for help regarding headsets/tried online chat and the ambassador left on me.: Hello, as stated above I politely explained my issue to whom I was connected to. They sent me to a link I looked at it came back to the chat screen and they left anyways. My headset will randomly...
  8. Im trying to use a custom bluetooth headset

in XBoX on Consoles
    Im trying to use a custom bluetooth headset: I dont remember the name of it so i cant tell you what it is but my xbox wont get the signal? Help? e67a598c-9175-4a8d-9395-8d3e69de56c2
  9. Headset: Can hear friends, but mic won't detect my voice. Tried 2 headsets. Kinect mic ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Headset: Can hear friends, but mic won't detect my voice. Tried 2 headsets. Kinect mic ...: This is something they should have fixed long ago, thanks for costing me more money microsoft that's two mics of mine that don't work because they didn't fix something that they easily could have....
  10. Sterio Headset adapter issues (Controller(s) refuses to update after trying everything)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Sterio Headset adapter issues (Controller(s) refuses to update after trying everything): Bought my Sterio Headset Adapter for my TB x32's and when I go to update my controller, it keeps saying, "There was a problem updating your controller" Now I tried all the troubleshooting steps...