Turn off Notifications that Games Have Been Installed and are Ready to Use

Discus and support Turn off Notifications that Games Have Been Installed and are Ready to Use in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; How do i turn off the notifications that appear once a game or addon has been i stalled and is ready to use, withiut disabling all notifications?... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by ScaryBear, Aug 19, 2019.

1. ScaryBear
    ScaryBear Guest

How do i turn off the notifications that appear once a game or addon has been i stalled and is ready to use, withiut disabling all notifications?

Under settings, preferences, notifications, Xbox notifications there are a lot of options such as friends and broadcast, activity feed, new followers, messages, party and game, achievements, captures, system, incoming calls, looking for group, clubs, tournaments
    and Xbox assist. I'm not sure which, if any of these will turn off the notification of new games being installed and ready to play.

Thanks,

Barry

:)

ScaryBear, Aug 19, 2019
  2. Gimpy_P Win User

Are you seeing these alerts beyond when you are actively downloading a game or add on?
  3. ScaryBear Win User

I see the pop up notifications at the bottom of the screen when the app, game or addon has finished downloading and installed, or when a game has downloaded enough to start playing it.
  4. Fl0ydPinkert0n Win User

The
    Pop-up notification
    that you are seeking will be the one labeled System. If you disable this, you will no longer receive notifications about game installations.

Alternatively, if you choose Party & Game, you will no longer receive the banner that notifies you about game install or invites, but you will still see them in in the
    Xbox Guide.

Good to know. Thanks for pointing this out. I was under the assumption it was an all or nothing kind of deal. I didn't even realize there were options for different notifications.
  5. ScaryBear Win User

So turning off Party & game notifications didn't stop the notifications, but going into system notifications and unchecking "Show banners" stopped the pop ups from appearing. Thanks again for the info.

Barry
  6. ScaryBear Win User

Thanks Eladio.

I will go give those options a try. I think I'll try Party & Game first as I don't want the pop up while I'm playing other games, and that sounds like what that would do.

Thanks again

Barry
Thema:

1. Turn off Notifications that Games Have Been Installed and are Ready to Use - Similar Threads - Turn off Notifications

2. How To Turn Off Auto-Sign In on Xbox if Signing Into Xbox Console Companion

in XBoX on Consoles
    How To Turn Off Auto-Sign In on Xbox if Signing Into Xbox Console Companion: I know someone that told me that if they sign out of their Xbox console then sign into their account on the Xbox Console Companion app on PC, they're getting auto-signed into the Xbox. May I ask...
  3. Problem with my Xbox one x turning off on its own while watching a movie on the free movies...

in XboX Insiders
    Problem with my Xbox one x turning off on its own while watching a movie on the free movies...: I was just sitting here watching a movie useing the free movies 2019 apps and suddenly my console turned off on its own. this has never happened before when I have been watching a movie when...
  4. XBox One S connected to Yamaha RX-A1080 turns on Zone 2 on and off.

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBox One S connected to Yamaha RX-A1080 turns on Zone 2 on and off.: In a previous post that is now locked, I'm having the same issue. I have my Xbox One S connected HDMI through my Yamaha receiver RX-A1080. Everytime I turn on my Xbox, it turns on my receiver...
  5. How to turn off game notifications in Windows 10. it pop up when i open chrome,

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How to turn off game notifications in Windows 10. it pop up when i open chrome,: it so Annoying for me [img] a51fe33f-0f78-4f67-874f-d9ad86beede3
  6. CANT TURN OFF "Looking for Group" NOTIFICATIONS, HELP !!!!

in XBoX on Consoles
    CANT TURN OFF "Looking for Group" NOTIFICATIONS, HELP !!!!: These Notifications KEEP Popping up constantly & i already completely turned of all LFG Notifications but yet they keep popping up, i assume i'm not the only one having this problem & i am eager...
  7. does anyone know how to turn off the sign in/sign out notification?

in XBoX on Consoles
    does anyone know how to turn off the sign in/sign out notification?: everytime when I turn on/off my xbox one, I get a message like "Hi, xxx, you are signed in", and it also shows up in the notification center. but there are too many of them and they are totally...
  8. my xbox one controller after low battery notification plugged with usb cable and turned off.

in XBoX on Consoles
    my xbox one controller after low battery notification plugged with usb cable and turned off.: my xbox one controller after low battery notification plugged with usb cable and turned off. after a lot of tries nothing happens.any idea? 7d5c5e2d-b39d-4e8d-b6de-9c8237dc1170
  9. How to turn off friends notification pop-up - Xbox 360

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to turn off friends notification pop-up - Xbox 360: I had trouble finding the answer to this question online and when I did the answers weren't right, so I decided to post this step-by-step list on how to change when and if you get the pop-up...
  10. Turning Off Friend Notification Pop-Ups While Watching TV, Videos Or Blu-Rays

in XBoX on Consoles
    Turning Off Friend Notification Pop-Ups While Watching TV, Videos Or Blu-Rays: This is a great feature on the xbox 360 Will it come onto xbox one anytime soon? It's quite annoying watching tv, DVDs or Blu rays and notification popping up I'm in the preview program but can't...