Turned off my X1 and when turned back on HDMI or display input channel not registering

Discus and support Turned off my X1 and when turned back on HDMI or display input channel not registering in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; hey guys, i hate that I'm having to seek support within 7 days of having an X1.... Quality product,,, really. lol, anyways, here's the issue: i was... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by zXLunchbox360Xz, Aug 15, 2016.

1. Turned off my X1 and when turned back on HDMI or display input channel not registering

hey guys, i hate that I'm having to seek support within 7 days of having an X1.... Quality product,,, really.

lol, anyways, here's the issue:

i was playing elder scrolls online, and the in game connectivity was glitchy, so I powered down by holding my controller button.

when I say in glitchy I mean the network was lagging so I couldn't see or talk to others, (I know it was network because the Xbox message system was slow to load up and I couldn't send or read Xbox messages.)

okay, that stuff aside: I powered off my console, i had heard if I unplugged my power block it would clear my cache, or whatever. Causing the junk data to quit slowing me....

more details: I learned while reading on here surge protectors are bad if not high quality.

rather than unplugging my power block, I switched off my surge protector (which I will no longer use) I assumed switchin it off would be same as unplugging the block..

my console is in instant on mode, and I had tons of games downloading and updating in a list

note: console was powered down at the time of surge protector turn off (instant on)

okay you have all the details here's what I'm experiencing:

my console powers on, makes the power on sound, my power block light is white,

my hdmi is connected, but no hdmi input appears connected, on the television that I was just using.

my 360 works fine with the same cable same port

(my tv is he type where you can only change to valid input channels)

so I bring up hdmi2 using connected 360, then once I chose he valid input channel for 360, I try to fix by unplugging hdmi then plugging to 360.....

this fixed my lack of display...

now im experiencing a screen:

Logo, and words XBOX ONE

Full green logo screen..

three dots 'loading' across the bottom

this screen seems to not be proceeding...

long post sorry, major thanks for any help with my new console which I love

:)

zXLunchbox360Xz, Aug 15, 2016
  2. something(2)
    something(2) Guest
    my 360 wont display with hdmi

I am on my halo 360 slim and it was working fine playing bastion turned it off came back after 10mins and now it wont display with hdmi works fine with component, is this a hardware fault if so is this a free repair

note this is not the tv or hdmi cable fault as my ps3 can work with both inputs and cables

something(2), Aug 15, 2016
  3. ngocphi
    ngocphi Guest
    My Xbox 360 Slim doesnt work properly

hold down y and right trigger (resets display)

and make sure you are turned to the correct input channel as if the hdmi will not work and things will not sync if the xbox is not displaying

(thats why you need to put it to the correct channel)

ngocphi, Aug 15, 2016
  4. Turned off my X1 and when turned back on HDMI or display input channel not registering

Tried once more clearing the power from my power block for a reset.

Before reset I had a Xbox one logo with thre dots loading below it,

Now upon powering up I get a blank screen again on my hdmi input......

Switching cord into my 360 will bring the input channel to life,

Then switching the hdmi back into my One will bring up the exciting logo screen... But alas I can't play....

Any tips would be welcome.,,

[tagTurned off my X1 and when turned back on HDMI or display input channel not registering :pCMASTERRACE]

5. Hordie
    Hordie Guest
    Hi zXLunchbox360Xz

Sorry to hear about your screen. I would first try running through this display troubleshooter. With
    the power, if you're using any kind of power strip I'd suggest plugging directly into the wall instead. Also, try your Xbox on a known good working TV. If that works, then try different cables / HDMI ports. If all of those do not work try resetting your display
    by doing the following.

1. If there's a disc in the Xbox One console, eject it.
    2. On the console, press and hold the Xbox button for five seconds to turn off the console.
    3. Press and hold the Xbox button and the Eject button until you hear a beep to turn on the console. You will hear one beep right away and a second beep 10 seconds later. The power light will flash on before the second beep. DO NOT LET GO until
      the second beep occurs.

Note This will boot your console in low resolution mode (640 × 480). To reset this setting, go toSettings in the guide, select Display & sounds, Video options, and then TV Resolution.
    4. If you are required to complete these steps on every boot-up, you will want to change your TV connection to HDMI as shown in step 3 in the next section, "Your screen is blank and you use an AVR in your setup." For more information, see How
      to adjust the display settings on your Xbox One console

Hordie, Aug 15, 2016
  6. Sorry if my original post was too long winded to be clear...

I was using a known, good working television..... The same ports and same cables work for my Xbox 360...

It's clearly the Xbox one, even a blind man could see.

I've researched and found that my problem is very similar to 'green screen of death' however I see no error codes on my green screen.

Just a magnificently long loading screen...

So, does anyone who knows what I, talking about know if this is a true green screen of death? Perhaps I caused corruption by turning off the surge protector (which I mentioned I learned not to use in OP)

Or is this simply along update which must finish before I can play?

Please someone give me a solid answer instead of restating what I already tried using common sense.....

7. Hardgroove92
    Hardgroove92 Guest
    When you get to loading screen wait an hour or two if nothings happening try resetting your console following steps above,if that doesn't help change your HDMI cable or contact support and arrange to send your xbox for replacement or repair.I hope you get
    it to work Xbox One is a very good and stable console I personally never had any issues with console.

Hardgroove92, Aug 15, 2016
  8. Hardgroove92
    Hardgroove92 Guest

Turned off my X1 and when turned back on HDMI or display input channel not registering

And make sure you are plugging the HDMI cable in OUTPUT NOT INPUT.

Hardgroove92, Aug 15, 2016
  9. Hordie
    Hordie Guest
    Hordie, Oct 31, 2018
  10. Hardgroove92 Win User

And make sure you are plugging the HDMI cable in OUTPUT NOT INPUT.
  11. Hordie Win User

12. zXLunchbox360Xz Win User

Sorry if my original post was too long winded to be clear...

I was using a known, good working television..... The same ports and same cables work for my Xbox 360...

It's clearly the Xbox one, even a blind man could see.

I've researched and found that my problem is very similar to 'green screen of death' however I see no error codes on my green screen.

Just a magnificently long loading screen...

So, does anyone who knows what I, talking about know if this is a true green screen of death? Perhaps I caused corruption by turning off the surge protector (which I mentioned I learned not to use in OP)

Or is this simply along update which must finish before I can play?

Please someone give me a solid answer instead of restating what I already tried using common sense.....
  13. Hardgroove92 Win User

When you get to loading screen wait an hour or two if nothings happening try resetting your console following steps above,if that doesn't help change your HDMI cable or contact support and arrange to send your xbox for replacement or repair.I hope you get
    it to work Xbox One is a very good and stable console I personally never had any issues with console.
  14. Hordie Win User

Hi zXLunchbox360Xz

Sorry to hear about your screen. I would first try running through this display troubleshooter. With
    the power, if you're using any kind of power strip I'd suggest plugging directly into the wall instead. Also, try your Xbox on a known good working TV. If that works, then try different cables / HDMI ports. If all of those do not work try resetting your display
    by doing the following.

1. If there's a disc in the Xbox One console, eject it.
    2. On the console, press and hold the Xbox button for five seconds to turn off the console.
    3. Press and hold the Xbox button and the Eject button until you hear a beep to turn on the console. You will hear one beep right away and a second beep 10 seconds later. The power light will flash on before the second beep. DO NOT LET GO until
      the second beep occurs.

Note This will boot your console in low resolution mode (640 × 480). To reset this setting, go toSettings in the guide, select Display & sounds, Video options, and then TV Resolution.
    4. If you are required to complete these steps on every boot-up, you will want to change your TV connection to HDMI as shown in step 3 in the next section, "Your screen is blank and you use an AVR in your setup." For more information, see How
      to adjust the display settings on your Xbox One console
Thema:

1. Turned off my X1 and when turned back on HDMI or display input channel not registering - Similar Threads - Turned off turned

2. Xbox series x crashing or turning off

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series x crashing or turning off: Hi guys recently I got a series x ,and well in some games the Xbox turns off or freezes and then turn off,I saw somebody telling that it was with a recent update which causes most of this...
  3. Xbox series x crashing or turning off

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series x crashing or turning off: Hi guys recently I got a series x ,and well in some games the Xbox turns off or freezes and then turn off,I saw somebody telling that it was with a recent update which causes most of this...
  4. Alpha skip ahead- series X randomly turns off

in XboX Insiders
    Alpha skip ahead- series X randomly turns off: Anybody else's Xbox turning of randomly in the latest update. It happend when I was skipping forward on Netflix and when I loaded up YouTube but when I was playing fh5 nothing happend. submitted...
  5. Xbox controller turns off when connecting to device (SOLVED)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox controller turns off when connecting to device (SOLVED): There was a previous thread for this posted to Questions and closed with no real answer. This is what worked for me. 1. (Reset Controller) On the Controller press and hold the power button...
  6. Xbox Series X Halo Edition, green screen flash and turns off

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X Halo Edition, green screen flash and turns off: I’m terribly disappointed with Xbox the last 3 gens of consoles I’ve had problems: 2x Xbox 360 with rrod, Xbox one X that needed replacement just a month after being brand new, and just a few...
  7. Does anyone else find the xbox series s/x menu sounds should be able to be turned off

in XboX Insiders
    Does anyone else find the xbox series s/x menu sounds should be able to be turned off: I feel like this should be an option considering it was on xbox 360 submitted by /u/Alternative-Cash-301 [link] [comments]
  8. Xbox One controllers keep turning off

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One controllers keep turning off: Hi, my Xbox One controllers flash for 5 seconds and then turn off. I have tried charging the batteries, changing the batteries, re-programming, re-starting but all 4 controllers still don’t stay...
  9. Menu sounds on xbox series s/x should be able to be turned off

in XboX Insiders
    Menu sounds on xbox series s/x should be able to be turned off: Does anyone else agree i find it very annoying submitted by /u/Alternative-Cash-301 [link] [comments]
  10. Xbox controller turns off when in party chat with a friend

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox controller turns off when in party chat with a friend: I know this sounds crazy, but it happens ALL the time. I play online a lot, across multiple games and never have an issue. However, there is ONE friend I game with who when we are in a party...