Turning off voice commands completely

Discus and support Turning off voice commands completely in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; People might say im paranoid, whatever i would just like to know how to completely turn off any and all voice commands. I dont play online so dont... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Gobbie(2), Sep 1, 2019.

1. Gobbie(2)
    Gobbie(2) Guest

People might say im paranoid, whatever i would just like to know how to completely turn off any and all voice commands.

I dont play online so dont need mic.

:)

Gobbie(2), Sep 1, 2019
  2. AquarrzSudnnym Win User

Go to System>Settings>Devices and Streaming>Digital assistants and uncheck the option to use them.
  3. StuartATrueRed Win User

Digital Assistants option will only work if you have a smart speaker. If you do not have one of them, then voice commands will not work for that option.
  4. StuartATrueRed Win User

Voice commands will only work if you have a kinect or a headset. Cortana has to be turned on first before you use her voice commands, and if you do not have a kinect, then the Xbox voice commands will not be turned on.
  5. SperanZa21 Win User

Xbox One Kinect

I know,but I dont want to turn it off completely only for a certain game that I don't want to use voice commands for..
  6. RippenHarra Win User

Xbox One "Xbox On, Xbox Off" commands not working

Thema:

1. Turning off voice commands completely - Similar Threads - Turning off voice

2. How to turn off the voice commentary on a movie on Xbox 360

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to turn off the voice commentary on a movie on Xbox 360: I just bought the spiderman homecoming movie and there is a commentary which im assuming it’s for the visually impaired. How do i turn it off? 5138dd82-ba12-433d-8cb1-3c8a5858b854
  3. how do i turn off voice guide on xbox one console???????

in XBoX on Consoles
    how do i turn off voice guide on xbox one console???????: how do i turn off voice guide on xbox one console 5d473fbb-ac33-4367-90c6-0652e76f709a
  4. Turn off narrator/voice

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Turn off narrator/voice: theres a narrator or voice over that describes whats happening in the movie i just purchased on my xbox 360. I want to know how i turn it off. c0d3f03f-b8b4-4e8d-80a3-47f007f9d13d
  5. How do I turn off the Siri-like "selected" voice on the menu?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I turn off the Siri-like "selected" voice on the menu?: This computer voice just showed up on my home menu the other day and reads to me every time I move the cursor. I've looked all through settings and can't find where to turn off the voice. It is...
  6. Voice "xbox turn off" error

in XBoX on Consoles
    Voice "xbox turn off" error: Hi i were wondering if anyone can help, when i use the "xbox turn off" voice option my xbox doesnt turn off, its like it keeps on resetting itself. Theres no visual on tv, the kinect lights turn...
  7. Voice command Xbox turn off"

in XBoX on Consoles
    Voice command Xbox turn off": My xbox one voice command on and off worked ok. Well getting it to come on was kind of a pain but turning it off worked great. But now it will not turn off by voice comma d. I have to turn the...
  8. Kinect voice Commands to Turn Off the console

in XBoX on Consoles
    Kinect voice Commands to Turn Off the console: Hi, Not sure if this has been asked and answered or when this will be resolved but ever since the last update my console will not turn off by voice. It goes to Turn Off screen and thats it it...
  9. Turn Off Voice Command Not Working Properly?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Turn Off Voice Command Not Working Properly?: Has anyone else been experiencing voice command Turn-Off problems? I use the "Xbox Turn Off" voice command, and it brings up the "Are you sure?" prompt. It then will not "hear" me saying Yes (or...
  10. Won't turn off with voice

in XBoX on Consoles
    Won't turn off with voice: I say "Xbox turn off" and it goes to the screen saying are you sure you want to turn your xbox off? I say "yes" and nothing happens. I have been turning it off with voice since I got it and it's...