Turns on for 5 seconds then turns off

Discus and support Turns on for 5 seconds then turns off in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I was watching a show (using my Xbox One) and suddenly the Xbox turned off. Ever since, i cannot get my console to completely turn on. The power butten... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by AshleyA1, Feb 12, 2019.

1. AshleyA1
    AshleyA1 Guest

I was watching a show (using my Xbox One) and suddenly the Xbox turned off. Ever since, i cannot get my console to completely turn on. The power butten will turn on & make the noise, but no picture on the screen and 5 seconds later it just turns off (with
    the power off noise). Thats all it’ll do. I’ve tried other outlets, the haidryer thing I’ve heard people talk about to blow dust out of it. Nothing works. Only on, then off in 5 seconds. Has this happened to anyone else? Were you able to fix it?

:)

AshleyA1, Feb 12, 2019
  2. AshleyA1 Win User

Sadly this didnt work. Tried holding the eject and bind/sync buttons and nothung happened. It only made a noise when i touched the eject button, but the system didnt power on. Also, couldnt do the reset either.
  3. SavagerPat Win User

Turns itself off a couple seconds after pressing the power button even while holding the sync and eject
  4. XBF Amber M Win User

Hello Ashley,

Thank you for replying. We have a website for device service and repairthat
    customers can use to set up repairs. The Xbox Support Teamis also able to assist with that
    issue. The link we recommended for the support team is the best way to contact them.

• Step 1 ----Select Xbox One
    • Step 2 ----Select See other options
    • Step 3 ----Select topic
    • Step 4 ----Select "Show contact options"
    • Step 5 ----Select request a call from support

Once they call, explain the issue and they will be able to help you.

Be sure to let us know the results! I hope this helps you a bit more.
  5. AshleyA1 Win User

Unfortunately holding the eject & sync buttons isnt doing anything. It still turns off after 5 seconds. I cant even do the reset by holding the power button for 10 seconds.
  6. XBF Amber M Win User

Hi there Ashley,

Thanks for the reply! I recommend trying a power cycle
    of the console.

If the problem persists, try doing a soft factory reset of the
    console
    , Reset and keep games and apps to help reset the operating system. Since there is no video feedback / black screen.

Try this:

1. Power off your console, and then unplug the power cord to ensure that the console is completely powered off.
    2. Wait 30 seconds, and then plug the power cord back in.
    3. Press and hold the BINDbutton (located below the Xbox button on the console) and the
      EJECTbutton (located on the front of the console), and then press the
      Xboxbutton on the console.
    4. Continue holding the BINDand
      EJECTbuttons for 10-15 seconds.
    5. Listen for two “power-up” tones a couple of seconds apart. You can release the
      BINDand EJECTbuttons after the second power-up tone.
    6. The console should power up and take you directly to the Xbox Startup Troubleshooter.

Note: This troubleshooting step, make sure to know your email and passwords for your Xbox profiles.

Try this out first and let us know the results.

Give this a try and please let us know the results.

I hope this helps out!
Thema:

1. Turns on for 5 seconds then turns off - Similar Threads - Turns seconds turns

2. Xbox one x turns on then after 5 seconds turns off

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox one x turns on then after 5 seconds turns off: My Xbox one S has been working fine for the last month, and now after watching a movie then switching over to my game in the menu the console turned itself off and now it just won't boot back up...
  3. Xbox turns on for a second then turn off on it own.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox turns on for a second then turn off on it own.: The power brick turn orange light and then white when I turn it on but it doesn't stay on. what do i do to fix this problem? 2c828cbf-6bb0-4e11-8dc8-657b59335eda
  4. Xbox turns on for 10-15 seconds and then turns off.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox turns on for 10-15 seconds and then turns off.: Just as the title said, i was playing a game when suddenly all audio cut from the game, amd started glitching out. I went ahead to do a hard reset and ever since the console turns on for about 10...
  5. Xbox one x turns off after 3 to 5 seconds

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one x turns off after 3 to 5 seconds: had xbox for less than a week. Ive tried all online solutions to no avail. This is too large an investment to be having this type of difficulty. I saw the other post like mine and tried the...
  6. Xbox one x turns on then after 5 seconds turns off

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox one x turns on then after 5 seconds turns off: My Xbox one x has been working fine for the past 7 days since I bought it, and now after watching a movie then switching over to my game in the menu the console turned itself off and now it just...
  7. Xbox One S turns on, power symbol goes dim and shuts off after 5 seconds... Help!

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One S turns on, power symbol goes dim and shuts off after 5 seconds... Help!: When I turn on my Xbox One S it's power button goes dim and after 5 seconds of nothing happening it just shuts itself off.. Anyone know a fix to this? This is a brand new Xbox, I bought it about...
  8. XboxOneS Turns itself off in one second

in XBoX on Consoles
    XboxOneS Turns itself off in one second: Hi our Xbox is 9 months old. As of today when switching on using the front power button it immediately powers off No conclusive answers on the virtual support checks I have checked power in my...
  9. xbox turns off after a few seconds when i turn it on

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox turns off after a few seconds when i turn it on: Hi, so a friend of mine spilled some drink on my xbox one.. exactly on the fan part the xbox was on at the time, i turnd it off and pull out the cables. next i put it on its side until the next...
  10. I accidentally put my Xbox in the microwave for 45 seconds, and it won't turn on

in XBoX on Consoles
    I accidentally put my Xbox in the microwave for 45 seconds, and it won't turn on: Yesturday I was trying to make a hot pocket but i accidentally put my Xbox in, HELP! b5a2c103-dfac-4f30-8624-4cdb6e7b2aa3