TV App will not load AT ALL

Discus and support TV App will not load AT ALL in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I haven't had any trouble with Live TV until now. It gets suck on the full black screen with the circle loading thingy. I've let it sit here for at... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Autumn Sea, Mar 18, 2014.

1. Autumn Sea
    Autumn Sea Guest

I haven't had any trouble with Live TV until now. It gets suck on the full black screen with the circle loading thingy. I've let it sit here for at least an hour while playing other things.

I've tried power cycling my cable box, power cycling my Xbox, and messed with multiple settings. as soon as the TV app starts, it starts this loading process, and nothing happens. It just sits here. I don't really know what else to do.

I can't even get to the OneGuide settings because they have to open in the app.

:)

Autumn Sea, Mar 18, 2014
  2. Radioslave
    Radioslave Guest
    Update makes TV app 480p on start up

After further review, I have NO DOUBT that there is nothing wrong with my TV, satellite box, HDMI cables or settings. The problem is definitely the updated XBox One TV app.

How do I know? I noticed that the XBox One TV app never launches in 480p whenever another app besides the TV app is in the main window at start-up. In other words, if the YouTube app was the last app used before the XBox was shut down, the XBox will boot
    up with the YouTube app in the main window (not the TV app). In that case, the XBox doesn't need to hurry up and put a live TV picture in the main window at start-up. What I've noticed is that the TV app launches just fine (in 720p) whenever it is not pre-loaded
    in the main window and it is selected from one of the smaller windows underneath the main window. That tells me the XBox One isn't giving itself enough time to load the TV app properly at start-up when it's in the main window. Clearly, the system update
    was designed to make the TV app load faster than before, but I'm afraid the extra speed causes a flawed picture that is displayed in 480p.

When given enough time to load after start-up, the TV app works fine. That also explains why cutting off the satellite box and cutting it back on again upgrades the corrupted 480p picture to 720p instantly. It's just giving the XBox more time to load the
    TV app, and then re-sending the signal from the satellite box after it does.

In conclusion, The TV app needs to be updated again to fix this problem.

Radioslave, Mar 18, 2014
  3. sunnysean74
    sunnysean74 Guest
    Machinima Application Issues

App loads slowly if it does at all. Freezes and becomes unresponsive at times videos stop playing and will not resume. This is the only app that does this. No help avable online so I'll just delete the flawed app.

sunnysean74, Mar 18, 2014
  4. Radioslave Win User

After further review, I have NO DOUBT that there is nothing wrong with my TV, satellite box, HDMI cables or settings. The problem is definitely the updated XBox One TV app.

How do I know? I noticed that the XBox One TV app never launches in 480p whenever another app besides the TV app is in the main window at start-up. In other words, if the YouTube app was the last app used before the XBox was shut down, the XBox will boot
    up with the YouTube app in the main window (not the TV app). In that case, the XBox doesn't need to hurry up and put a live TV picture in the main window at start-up. What I've noticed is that the TV app launches just fine (in 720p) whenever it is not pre-loaded
    in the main window and it is selected from one of the smaller windows underneath the main window. That tells me the XBox One isn't giving itself enough time to load the TV app properly at start-up when it's in the main window. Clearly, the system update
    was designed to make the TV app load faster than before, but I'm afraid the extra speed causes a flawed picture that is displayed in 480p.

When given enough time to load after start-up, the TV app works fine. That also explains why cutting off the satellite box and cutting it back on again upgrades the corrupted 480p picture to 720p instantly. It's just giving the XBox more time to load the
    TV app, and then re-sending the signal from the satellite box after it does.

In conclusion, The TV app needs to be updated again to fix this problem.
  5. CAMARO Xlll Win User

send an app back to snap mode?

Once in full screen in TV, I think you can say "Xbox, Snap TV" and then it loads your last app with TV on the side. No?
  6. Burst Axe Win User

Can anyone summarize the good and the bad of X1 E3?

@Collapse But $ony showing games and more games at their console reveal that aren't all exclusives was surely to their benefit lol. Should've did some more TV, TV, TV, TV, TV, PS Eye, APPS, TV, TV, TV, PS, TV, APPS, VITA, TV, TV.

-

$ony blew their load way too early and that's why they have to fall back on taking shots at M$. I was so stoked for their conference due to the amount of smack they were talking prior to it. If M$ didn't have the 24hr check-in $ony would be dead in the water.
  7. Radioslave Win User

Good news. It's working again. All I did was reset my router. I know that sounds weird, but I noticed that the XBox Live content panels were loading a bit slow on the home screen at start-up. So I reset my router to try to speed things up. The next
    time I powered up my XBox One, the TV app loaded just fine. It's been working for about two days now. Go figure.

In summary, I think if XBox Live loads too slow on start-up, it can also affect the way the TV app loads. Resetting the router might fix it.
  8. Radioslave Win User

Hermes,

I'd also like to add that I have NO DOUBT that the reason the TV app is giving me problems is because it loads too fast on start up. Just like before, the TV app only gives me a bad picture when it is pre-loaded in the main window on start up. The picture
    loads fine when the TV app is selected from one of the panels below the main window.

Would you please make your technicians aware of the problem I am having? I am hoping that they will consider slowing down the TV app on start-up so that it has enough time to gather the signal information necessary to display the picture correctly. That
    is my only hope of getting things to work again. Thank you.
Thema:

1. TV App will not load AT ALL - Similar Threads - App load

2. Unable to load xbox avatar app from console

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to load xbox avatar app from console: I can't enter my xbox avatar editor both from console or pc. I have the last updates on pc (windows 10), tried different browsers as well for access. I can do all in my account but not this. I...
  3. Settings app won’t load on my Xbox one s. Furthermore the app tiles won’t load either.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Settings app won’t load on my Xbox one s. Furthermore the app tiles won’t load either.: Yes i have done a power cycle yes i have done a system cycle no my network isint having problems (i have and xbox one and and xbox one x both on the same network and am not experiencing issues...
  4. Edit avatar app won't load

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Edit avatar app won't load: When I try to open the avatar editor app in just gets stuck on the loading page. Strangely the old avatar app works though. Anything i can do to fix this? Or is a problem on Microsofts end?...
  5. Xbox app on iPhone not loading

in XBoX on Mobile
    Xbox app on iPhone not loading: Xbox app refuses to load on my iphone. just get a spinning loading screen with a white background. i was receiving notification up until lastt night and today...nothing...
  6. My Xbox refuses to load a game or app twice

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My Xbox refuses to load a game or app twice: I’ve tried EVERYTHING! If i open Netflix or Mixer or what have you, then close them to play a game, my xbox will not reopen them. I have to restart my Xbox to reopen the app. EVERY TIME. Why? Now...
  7. xbox app on windows 10 not loading properly

in XBoX on Windows
    xbox app on windows 10 not loading properly: Hi, anyone know how to fix the xbox app on windows 10 when it just keeps going to screen that says "Sorry partner, Looks like your stuck in no mans land, Try restarting the app to fix it"...
  8. Xbox.com or Xbox App will not load messages.

in XBoX on Mobile
    Xbox.com or Xbox App will not load messages.: Xbox.com or Xbox App will not load any messages, for example, the Xbox.com error is "We were unable to load your messages, please try again later." and the App "Live updates not available, pull...
  9. Xbox and Xbox Beta apps aren't loading messages since a few days. Is it related to being in...

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox and Xbox Beta apps aren't loading messages since a few days. Is it related to being in...: [IMG] submitted by /u/viniciusrsouza [link] [comments]
  10. Anyone else not able to get messages to load on Xbox beta app?

in XboX Insiders
    Anyone else not able to get messages to load on Xbox beta app?: [IMG] submitted by /u/AnXboxDude [link] [comments]