TV commands

Discus and support TV commands in XBoX Sales and Promo to solve the problem; xbox one picks up commands for (TV) but the command funtions within TV don't work ie volume up/down mute. TV pictures freezes alot. Turned off/on a few... Discussion in 'XBoX Sales and Promo' started by TheHertzGuy, Apr 23, 2014.

1. TheHertzGuy
    TheHertzGuy Guest

TV commands

xbox one picks up commands for (TV) but the command funtions within TV don't work ie volume up/down mute. TV pictures freezes alot. Turned off/on a few times to try that fix with no succes

:)

TheHertzGuy, Apr 23, 2014
  2. Voice commands "Volume up" and "Volume down" doesn't work.

The volume up and volume down command doesn't work on my current tv. It recognises the command but not following the command. The voice command has work in the past on my previous television but is not working on my current television. My brand of tv is
    Hisense and the model number is 32K20DW.

WhatsUpSquare, Apr 23, 2014
  3. Kaynrohs
    Kaynrohs Guest
    X1 Keeps Changing TV Code

Hey all. To start, I recently noticed my X1 TV voice commands failing to register after saying a command. Id say a command, get a pop-up on the screen for the command, but then nothing would happen. After some troubleshooting, I find out I need to reenter
    my TV & Cable box information. After doing so, everything works fine...for about 5 minutes. I believe the problem comes from the Xbox changing my TV code. It SHOULD be programed for LG T1423, but it keeps changing my code to a variety of other LG TV codes...which
    is what I think is disrupting my TV commands. Any suggestions out there on how I can resolve this issue?

Kaynrohs, Apr 23, 2014
  4. onyxishere
    onyxishere Guest

TV commands

Try holding the power button for 10 seconds until the console shuts down. See if that fixes the issue for you.

onyxishere, Apr 24, 2014
  5. onyxishere Win User

TV commands

Try holding the power button for 10 seconds until the console shuts down. See if that fixes the issue for you.
  6. TheBigBobby Win User

Turning on my Xbox turns my TV OFF!

Yes, it is normal. If you have set up your TV model and in the 'TV & One Guide' settings for the xbox to turn off devices etc. The IR blaster actually sends a 'power toggle' command to the TV as opposed a 'power on'. So if your TV is off, when the xbox sends
    the command, it will obviously turn on and vice versa. People have asked to be able to setup discrete on/off commands in the feed back section.
  7. benchmulger Win User

Kinect very rarely acknowledges "xbox on" command

Thanks for the reply, but none of these are the issue (and I've tested in a multitude of circumstances). Since this is dealing with the "xbox on" command, the TV speakers are *not* on. Also, when the system is on, it recognizes my voice commands just fine
    from the same location (now the TV speakers are on).

This seems very clearly to be a software issue as the voice commands work decently when the xbox is on.
  8. MIST3R PR3Z Win User

Volume up doesn't work

Have you setup your TV settings to work with your controller?

do any other voice commands work for the TV
  9. BINTOKIN Win User

XBox stops controlling television and cable box

I'm having the same issue with my Vizio smart TV. the commands used to work... Now it won't control the TV at all
Thema:

TV commands

1. TV commands - Similar Threads - commands

2. Alexa issuing commands to wrong Xbox console

in XboX Insiders
    Alexa issuing commands to wrong Xbox console: This is getting really tiring. Again and again this bug keeps reappearing. Using voice commands via Alexa affect my 'home' Xbox only, rather than the Xbox associated with Alexa. My 'home' Xbox is...
  3. Can't use cheats command on the Minecraft Java

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't use cheats command on the Minecraft Java: I can't use cheats commnd in Minecraft Java. The command I can't use is /gamemode /kill /time /weather /difficulty /tp. I already open to lan and select allow cheats on but still can't use this...
  4. Please fix bug with "Xbox go to Spotify" voice command

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Please fix bug with "Xbox go to Spotify" voice command: When using my Kinect for Xbox voice commands (no more Cortana), there is a bug with the Spotify app. If I say, "Xbox go to Spotify", it tries to open Groove Music, which opens the MS store. The...
  5. Xbox won't respond to power on commands, but the fan rages on

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox won't respond to power on commands, but the fan rages on: I was just playing the red dead redemption 2 campaign when out of nowhere my xbox one original cut out. There was a very quiet pop sound as if a fuse or something had gone. But after it turning...
  6. Xbox Alexa commands not working

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Alexa commands not working: Hey all, I have recently had some trouble setting the Xbox skill on the alexa app. I will say “Alexa, tell xbox to turn on,”and that will work, and i will tell her to turn it off and that will...
  7. Voice Commander Xbox one

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Voice Commander Xbox one: So, I've been playing Voice commander for about 2-3 years now. Everythings been going GREAT! I love the game the story, the simplicity, but now something has happend. Yesterday, I loaded it up....
  8. Digital Assistant not sending commands to the correct Xbox

in XboX Insiders
    Digital Assistant not sending commands to the correct Xbox: Since the latest update my Alexa digital assistant is issuing commands to an Xbox in an entry different location. I have an account on my father's Xbox (designated as my home Xbox so my father...
  9. Borderlands 2: How can I make it so I can play the commander Lilith DLC?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Borderlands 2: How can I make it so I can play the commander Lilith DLC?: I recently bought and downloaded the commander Lilith DLC for Borderlands 2 and yet it still haven't been applied to my game even though it says it is installed. Does anyone know how to fix this?...
  10. Commande

in XBoX on Consoles
    Commande: Bonjour j'ai commander une x-box mais elle est toujour en attente es normal ?? 49cfe326-f4cb-4060-b139-619e1a027793