TV Freezing - Looks like Xbox One is trying to Auto stretch

Discus and support TV Freezing - Looks like Xbox One is trying to Auto stretch in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hello everyone, My Xbox and Live TV has been working fine, but an issue is starting to occur where every 10-12 seconds, the Live TV will freeze.... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by GetEmMonkey, Feb 9, 2014.

1. GetEmMonkey
    GetEmMonkey Guest

Hello everyone,

My Xbox and Live TV has been working fine, but an issue is starting to occur where every 10-12 seconds, the Live TV will freeze. Sometimes, the screen shows as stretched (even when it is already an HD screen across the entire screen). I unplugged from the
    Xbox and hooked up the HDMI cord to the TV and it works perfectly fine... which isolates the issue to the Xbox One. I tried looking for an Auto-Stretch setting on the Xbox with no luck. I also tried turning off the Xbox one for about 5-10 minutes.

Any ideas?

:)

GetEmMonkey, Feb 9, 2014
  2. jetsafl
    jetsafl Guest
    Xbox one tv won't fit tv screen

Would be nice if there was a passthrough option. I have my Cable box set up to send SD channels in stretch and HD in Native to the TV. Now with the Xbox One, sicne it is doing a stretch again things still look fine and it adjusts between HD and SD, but
    if I start the TV / Xbox with an HD channel on it shows in stretch until I manually go to an SD channel then back or go into the menu and change the setting.

jetsafl, Feb 9, 2014
  3. bbarley
    bbarley Guest
    TV wont go full Screen

is this on live tv, or when playing a game? If it's on like tv, hit the menu button on your remote and then select stretch as your display mode. if it's not correct when playing a game, check your tv menu settings and make sure it's set to stretch

bbarley, Feb 9, 2014
  4. jetsafl Win User

Xbox one tv won't fit tv screen

Would be nice if there was a passthrough option. I have my Cable box set up to send SD channels in stretch and HD in Native to the TV. Now with the Xbox One, sicne it is doing a stretch again things still look fine and it adjusts between HD and SD, but
    if I start the TV / Xbox with an HD channel on it shows in stretch until I manually go to an SD channel then back or go into the menu and change the setting.
  5. EggsBoxJuan Win User

xbox one aspect ratio off

Hi, does your Tv remote have a Wide button or Aspect ratio button, try scrolling through the various options, you should have Wide, Zoom, Panoramic and maybe some others. There should be one of those that will fill the screen at least although it may stretch
    the display a little.

-

It may also be worth going into the Xbox One Settings / Display & sound and change the Tv connection from HDMI (auto detect ) to HDMI to see if that helps any.
  6. RobertSteeleXY Win User

Black bars when watching live tv through X1

You can try one other thing while watching TV through your Xbox One. When you have the TV up and running in full screen, hit the button with the three lines (formerly the Start button). Change the screen setting to Stretch. This should do what you need
    it to.

Note: if your cable box and/or tv are also doing stretching or size adjustment, you may need to experiment.
  7. bbarley Win User

TV wont go full Screen

is this on live tv, or when playing a game? If it's on like tv, hit the menu button on your remote and then select stretch as your display mode. if it's not correct when playing a game, check your tv menu settings and make sure it's set to stretch
  8. BookishFlunky90 Win User

Vertical Lines On Screen With HDMI

Is TV HD Ready or Full HD?

Which resolution does your games use?

Tried different games?

It seems it might be scaling of TV-device to the requested resolution that create unwanted distortion - dithering or stretching.

If any friend of yours have an X1, try his unit on your TV - it could be you TV that has a bug in the algorithms for resolutionstretch.

Is there an auto-setting of resolution and also request capabilities from TV, not force a resolution?

I only have 360.
Thema:

1. TV Freezing - Looks like Xbox One is trying to Auto stretch - Similar Threads - Freezing Looks trying

2. Xbox One X freezes & crashes on some games

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One X freezes & crashes on some games: Hi, i'm facing some freezes with console crashes on some games. Should this be an Hardware Error? My Situation: Games like Gears 5 and Forza Horizon 4, Battlefield V, Apex Legends, ... are...
  3. Xbox One X- Freezing when Gaming

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox One X- Freezing when Gaming: Hi I keep coming across a problem when playing fifa 19 & 20. The game will loads absolutely fine then it will just freeze during gameplay then speed up to catch up then do the exact same thing...
  4. Xbox freezes during games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox freezes during games: Hello, my Xbox One freezes during games, however, the home button still works and I can come out of the game and access others apps. I have restarted the console, logged out and then into my...
  5. Gears of war 3 is still freezing

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Gears of war 3 is still freezing: Gears of war 3 is freezing on the startup menu. I cannot play the game. Microsoft can you please fix this issue, so I can enjoy playing it! 9e112314-22cb-4522-9f3c-224f5e2a1001
  6. Xbox One S keeps freezing

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One S keeps freezing: Hello, Over the last week my Xbox One S keeps freezing. At first I thought the Sky app was corrupted as it kept freezing when in the app and it would freeze in the app at the same time every...
  7. BSOD, freezes and crashes on Gears 5

in XBoX on Windows
    BSOD, freezes and crashes on Gears 5: First of all, I tried everything possible. And just to clarify this issues only happen on Gears 5 (and also Gears of War 4 but whatever) I have the latest Windows 10 compilation, Drivers such...
  8. rage 2 on xbox one x freezing within 20 seconds only in game play if attached to internet

in XBoX Games and Apps
    rage 2 on xbox one x freezing within 20 seconds only in game play if attached to internet: Hi Have problems with Rage 2 freezing ever time within 10 to 20 seconds of the start of game play. This only happens if connected to internet Works fine if i unplug internet. I have just added a...
  9. Xbox one S. On startup it looks and sounds ok then freezes

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one S. On startup it looks and sounds ok then freezes: Xbox one S. On startup it looks and sounds ok then freezes on the startup screen. Any thought or help would be massively helpful as grandson is bored already, week one of summer holidays :(...
  10. 'Looks like you already own this' message freezing my game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    'Looks like you already own this' message freezing my game: Dear Microsoft, I logged onto Destiny 2 a few days ago with the newest expansion loaded and it worked completely fine with no 'Looks like you already own this' message. I logged onto the game...