TV from sky not working on Xbox one S

Discus and support TV from sky not working on Xbox one S in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I have an Xbox one S and Friday (12/8/22) my Tv from sky stopped working with an error code 1204 appearing. I have logged in and out several times and... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Harry Hall2, Aug 14, 2022.

1. Harry Hall2
    Harry Hall2 Guest

I have an Xbox one S and Friday (12/8/22) my Tv from sky stopped working with an error code 1204 appearing. I have logged in and out several times and deleted and reinstalled the app several times as well as clearing the cache and performing a soft reset of the Xbox one s. I have contacted Sky and they have reset the Sky Go extra package their end but it still has the same error code. Is this a sky issue or a Microsoft issue? Anyone else had the same problem?

:)

Harry Hall2, Aug 14, 2022
  2. RainingRoses Win User

App Sky Go on Xbox One

Hi Luk396!

From how I understand it, the only way to access Sky Go is through the TV from Sky app on Xbox One and Series X|S consoles.

Xbox One and Series X|S console apps - some apps may not be available in your country/region.

Set up TV from Sky on your Xbox One or Xbox Series X|S - step by step guide, which also mentions:

Please be aware that Sky Go Extra is referred to as TV from Sky when downloading or selecting the app on your console.

So don’t listen to anything that says you need the Sky Go app, as this app isn’t available on Xbox consoles. I believe you can access the service through the Sky app on Xbox One, as long as you’re connected to Xbox Live and have Sky Go Extra on your Sky account.

The Sky Go app is available on compatible smartphones, tablets, laptops etc. Just not on consoles, which explains why you’re unable to find it on your Xbox One.

I hope this information helps! :)
  3. netgem21 Win User

4K Pass-through on Xbox One S?

Can confirm this is the case here, too. Doesn't work with Sky Q or any 4K-output device.

TV Model and manufacturer: Samsung KS9000

Set top box model and manufacturer: Sky Q Silver 2TB

How you have your Xbox One S set up with the device and your TV: Xbox One S <--> TV
  4. Francia J. Win User

Hi, I hope you're doing great despite the issue you're experiencing. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regard to your concern.

We need to isolate the issue further because if other apps or games are working there is an issue with the app itself. To fix this, please perform a power cycle on your console by following the steps below:

POWERCYCLE CONSOLE​​​

​​​

1. Turn off your console by holding the Xbox button on the front of the console for approximately 10 seconds. The console will turn off. ​​​

2. Turn your console back on by pressing the Xbox button on the console or the Xbox button on your controller. ​​​

If that didn't work resetting the console keeping games and apps will be the next option. Don't worry because as long as you're connected to Xbox Live your saved progress, games, will not be deleted. It will remove all of your accounts but you can add all of them later on.

Press the Xbox button to open the guide.

Select Profile & system > Settings > System > Console info.

Select Reset console.

Reset and keep my games & apps.
  5. Roger68(2) Win User

SKY HD through XBox One

Think your Xbox one console HDMI sky HD connect next TV HDMI ... but Xbox one have see TV press sky HD setup auto will work.
  6. Shaggy2000 Win User

Lip sync issue with blu ray app

Just a thought, but is the lip sync from blurays or is it from say Sky Q that goes into the Xbox One, and then into the TV?

The reason I'm asking is that I've had the issue with lip syncing on Sky for ages, but only when Sky is plugged into the Xbox One and then passed through to the TV.

It gets so bad that I'm no longer using the passthrough ability of the Xbox One, I'm sure in the good ole US of A it works just fine, but here in Blighty (where we watch TV at 50hz and not 60) it doesn't seem to work.

Watching a Blu-ray though has always been fine.
Thema:

1. TV from sky not working on Xbox one S - Similar Threads - sky working

2. No mans sky multiplayer not working (game pass) (pc)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    No mans sky multiplayer not working (game pass) (pc): When I launch No man's sky, It shoots me right to the save select menu. I cannot see the network menu or the multiplayer menu. Is this because I do not have xbox live? Do I need xbox live to play...
  3. Grey Skies still doesn't work at ALL!!!

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Grey Skies still doesn't work at ALL!!!: Bought "Grey Skies" a few months ago and the game crashes all the time, so i waited for the update. It still crashes while walking through the burning forest after the plain crash. My whole xbox...
  4. no mans sky optimised for X/S not working

in XBoX on Consoles
    no mans sky optimised for X/S not working: when i load into the game, its still loads fast obviously, but lost a feature in the settings in game where i can unlock the framerate and it makes it 60fps. its gone down to 30fps now and the...
  5. Sky app on Xbox360 not working

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Sky app on Xbox360 not working: I have been accessing Sky through the Sky app on my Xbox360 for a few years now. Just this weekend it's taken to telling me Sky is not available. I've already cleared the cache and re-installed...
  6. No Man’s Sky not working

in XBoX Games and Apps
    No Man’s Sky not working: I have deleted the game and reinstalled it on my Xbox one x but it will not start. It sat on the loading screen for 30 minutes. 231e98e0-9cdd-43c4-8a89-7536b724a6a5
  7. No Mans Sky VR not working...

in XBoX on Windows
    No Mans Sky VR not working...: So I was gonna email microsoft but I have no clue what there email is so I was hoping this could help me out. I currently have an Oculus Rift S, I have no mans sky downloaded from my xbox app. I...
  8. Party chat stops working when playing no man's sky

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Party chat stops working when playing no man's sky: Every time I have played no man's sky recently when I go on to a planet or in to another area which isn't open space or a space station my party chat will disconnect or start to break up. The...
  9. No mans sky not working

in XBoX Games and Apps
    No mans sky not working: Ive wanted to play this game since it first came to xbox but now since its on gamepass i thought i might as well download it but whenever i press on it i am greeted with a black screen nothing...
  10. No mans sky vr does not work any way to fix it?

in XboX Insiders
    No mans sky vr does not work any way to fix it?: It just shuts down after starting it steam vr loads but wont run submitted by /u/Doomtriggero [link] [comments]