TV Latency

Discus and support TV Latency in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I'm not having this issue, but my boss is and thought I'd do some digging for him. Running the cable box through the X1 (using the hdmi cable... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by MurderTramp17, Jan 24, 2014.

1. TV Latency

I'm not having this issue, but my boss is and thought I'd do some digging for him.

Running the cable box through the X1 (using the hdmi cable provided) he said while watching tv the image would freeze, and then like 5-7 seconds later catch up at the next scene. He configured it to work with his cable box and tv, and tried looking up some
    stuff online and the only solution he found was people telling him to lower the input setting to 720 instead of 1080... which he said is pointless because that defeats the purpose of wanting to watch tv in high def. Anyyyway, he said he was downloading a
    game in the background as well but that shouldn't affect your tv I don't think. I havent had any latency issues watching tv with my X1. Any suggestions?

:)

MurderTramp17, Jan 24, 2014
  2. LuvOfThaGame
    LuvOfThaGame Guest
    Big screen TV vs. Monitor (what do you prefer)

ever since I went to monitor, ill never go back. Latency. I'll never deal with tv latency BS again. There is no television that can touch the low latency of a computer monitor. Tvs average 30-60ms. Monitors average 1-5. Makes a big difference if you're an aging competitive MP gamer.

LuvOfThaGame, Jan 24, 2014
  3. SPITFIRE-SIX
    SPITFIRE-SIX Guest
    Projection Gaming

Op what is the latency like running through Projection vs running through tv ?

SPITFIRE-SIX, Jan 24, 2014
  4. string325
    string325 Guest

TV Latency

Go to settings and uncheck the boxes that turn your cable and tv on with the xbox, then do a reset (hold power button until console shuts off). Go back in and check those boxes again, worked for me.

string325, Jan 24, 2014
  5. string325 Win User

TV Latency

Go to settings and uncheck the boxes that turn your cable and tv on with the xbox, then do a reset (hold power button until console shuts off). Go back in and check those boxes again, worked for me.
  6. aileronroll Win User

Delay between my Xbox 360 and TV.

Hi there! Have you tested to see if the HDMI is the cause of the latency or just the TV? Try hooking up your XBOX by component or composite and see if the latency still occurs. Often, when the HDMI is introduced, there is a slight latency that is noticeable
    not only video wise, but audio wise as well.
  7. PurpleBadness Win User

Buying Wife New Tv...

Most TVs also have a game mode that helps reduce latency. My visio 55 does.
  8. Steelhouse1 Win User

How prevent Host Lag 99% of the time!

through mine? If I remember correctly it was just over a 100ms. I had to turn off some setting on the tv (lip-syncing if I remember correctly) anyway, that was on Blops 1. Went direct to the TV helped. remember every 17ms of latency is a frame in a 60fps
    game. it starts to add up quick.

Any sort of processing adds latency. Period. Whether done by the TV, the AVR, the router the XBOX....
  9. Lord C Vandingo Win User

Xbox One X no Dolby Atmos using Samsung HW-N950 & Samsung QE65Q9FN 4KTV

The Xbox is able to recognise the Dolby Atmos capability on the soundbar if connected directly .

However FreeSync (variable refresh rate ) is not selectable on the display and sound settings page of the Xbox X.

Free Sync is available on my Samsung Q9 and is an option in the game mode menu of the TV.

Game mode is a TV mode that allows low latency on Samsung (and other manufacturers) TV's.

My TV allows Auto Low Latency and this doesn't work when plugged directly into the soundbar (Samsung HW-N950) despite Auto Low -Latency being recognised on the Display & Sound settings page on the Xbox X. The TV will not allow this when the Xbox is plugged
    into the soundbar via HDMI then into the TV by HDMI ARC.

Auto Game mode or Auto Low Latency turns on game mode while playing games but turns game mode off automatically should i use a blu ray disc for example.

So two modes made available to me by Xbox and Samsung currently don't work in tandem in the correct manner.
Thema:

TV Latency

1. TV Latency - Similar Threads - Latency

2. What is “Latency” and what should it be at?

in XboX Networking Hardware
    What is “Latency” and what should it be at?: What is “Latency” and what should it be at? A simple search found this article... What is latency in online video games? Latency, measured as ping, refers to the average total time that it takes...
  3. Variable Refresh Rate (VRR) & Auto Low Latency Mode (ALLM) Bug

in XboX Insiders
    Variable Refresh Rate (VRR) & Auto Low Latency Mode (ALLM) Bug: The below are not my words. They are someone elses writeup of a test they did. I am also having the same issue. Can we get someone on the Xbox Team to open a support ticket to the engineering team...
  4. Broken "auto low-latency mode"

in XboX Insiders
    Broken "auto low-latency mode": I'm not sure if it's The Insider build or the recent update to my TCL Roku TV that caused this. But Auto low latency mode is no longer selectable in my Xbox settings. I went to play Rock Band this...
  5. Latency Issue

Latency Issue: Latency Issue Thanks for the reply! Yes that does make sence however my friend lives 50 miles away from me and his results doing the same test are download 60mbps, upload 17 mbps and his latency...
  6. HDR/Low Latency bug?

in XboX Insiders
    HDR/Low Latency bug?: I'm on the latest Insider software (Xbox One X), and I was wondering if there are any know HDR/Low Latency ('Game Mode') bugs? Why I'm asking: for a couple of weeks now my Xbox has been acting up...
  7. In game latency is bad but internet is good?

in XBoX on Consoles
    In game latency is bad but internet is good?: My internet is great and when I do the multiplayer connection test it says perfect, but in multiplayer games, my latency is though the roof. Has anyone else had this and knows what to do?...
  8. Xbox one latency is to high 77

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one latency is to high 77: [img] Why is it that my xbox one s latency is 77??? Back on the xbox 360 days my ping would be no higher than 12ms. Thats back when i have fios. Now i have Xfinity and i have had them come out a...
  9. : How can I improve my latency?

: How can I improve my latency?: : How can I improve my latency? He said he bought a wifi package which to me means it could be cellular based similar to a hotspot which is not recommended for gaming....
  10. Why is my latency so high whilst streaming to my PC on the Xbox App?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why is my latency so high whilst streaming to my PC on the Xbox App?: Here's a screenshot of what I mean! https://gyazo.com/83b06cbeac917796bd90dc8fdb68e894 My internet is 90 up and 90 down, my hardware is definitely good enough, so any ideas why this is the case?...