TV Latency

Discus and support TV Latency in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I'm not having this issue, but my boss is and thought I'd do some digging for him. Running the cable box through the X1 (using the hdmi cable... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by MurderTramp17, Jan 24, 2014.

1. TV Latency

I'm not having this issue, but my boss is and thought I'd do some digging for him.

Running the cable box through the X1 (using the hdmi cable provided) he said while watching tv the image would freeze, and then like 5-7 seconds later catch up at the next scene. He configured it to work with his cable box and tv, and tried looking up some
    stuff online and the only solution he found was people telling him to lower the input setting to 720 instead of 1080... which he said is pointless because that defeats the purpose of wanting to watch tv in high def. Anyyyway, he said he was downloading a
    game in the background as well but that shouldn't affect your tv I don't think. I havent had any latency issues watching tv with my X1. Any suggestions?

:)

MurderTramp17, Jan 24, 2014
  2. LuvOfThaGame
    LuvOfThaGame Guest
    Big screen TV vs. Monitor (what do you prefer)

ever since I went to monitor, ill never go back. Latency. I'll never deal with tv latency BS again. There is no television that can touch the low latency of a computer monitor. Tvs average 30-60ms. Monitors average 1-5. Makes a big difference if you're an aging competitive MP gamer.

LuvOfThaGame, Jan 24, 2014
  3. SPITFIRE-SIX
    SPITFIRE-SIX Guest
    Projection Gaming

Op what is the latency like running through Projection vs running through tv ?

SPITFIRE-SIX, Jan 24, 2014
  4. string325
    string325 Guest

TV Latency

Go to settings and uncheck the boxes that turn your cable and tv on with the xbox, then do a reset (hold power button until console shuts off). Go back in and check those boxes again, worked for me.

string325, Jan 24, 2014
  5. napalm 31337 Win User

XBOX ONE X UPLOAD SPEED SLOW

You spoken about latency in your connection, but all form of latency is an issue when you play online, also TV latency.

If you have a relatively new TV with Game Mode enabled, your TV will have an average of 15-25ms but old TV without specific Game Mode, sometime have over 80ms of latency... and you must consider also this, not only internet latency.
  6. taidara Win User

You spoken about latency in your connection, but all form of latency is an issue when you play online, also TV latency.

If you have a relatively new TV with Game Mode enabled, your TV will have an average of 15-25ms but old TV without specific Game Mode, sometime have over 80ms of latency... and you must consider also this, not only internet latency.
    Please keep on topic.
  7. string325 Win User

TV Latency

Go to settings and uncheck the boxes that turn your cable and tv on with the xbox, then do a reset (hold power button until console shuts off). Go back in and check those boxes again, worked for me.
  8. sandy the hippy Win User

Um, technically this IS on topic, as they are discussing a comment made regarding the latency affecting reaction time in online gaming, tv latency can also affect this.
  9. sandy the hippy Win User

Xbox One X HDR error

You don't make it clear if you followed the steps in the calibration section of the link I sent, they do make a difference.

For example if you set your tv to "game" or "low latency" mode, you'll find that most tv's turn off hdr support, as it has a major impact in latency on some tvs
Thema:

TV Latency

1. TV Latency - Similar Threads - Latency

2. Latência (Ping) alta somente no Xbox One[High (Ping) latency on Xbox One only]

in XBoX on Consoles
    Latência (Ping) alta somente no Xbox One[High (Ping) latency on Xbox One only]: Olá a todos! Acredito que minha dúvida já exista de diversas formas mas não encontrei uma resposta satisfatória, portanto segue meu dilema. Ao fazer o teste de conexão do xbox ele acusa uma...
  3. Latency

in XBoX on Windows
    Latency: Hello everyone, I have latencies of 180ms in all games, in sea of thieves is around 100ms, and I have good bandwidth with fiber optics. Someone would know how to reduce the latency. Thanks :)...
  4. High latency on xbox tests trying to set up wireless streaming

in XBoX on Consoles
    High latency on xbox tests trying to set up wireless streaming: [img] Keep getting this error when u try to set up wireless sharing did network tests have 90D 34U no packet loss and 131ms ping can't get it any lower as live in Australia and pretty sure it is...
  5. Xbox Console Streaming on Android - Controller Latency 125 ms

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Console Streaming on Android - Controller Latency 125 ms: Hi folks Just running through the console streaming preview setup. My Android app successfully finds the Xbox and runs through the initial setup tests. Everything comes back OK other than my...
  6. Xbox Console Streaming - Latency from Australia

in XBoX on Mobile
    Xbox Console Streaming - Latency from Australia: Hi, With Console Streaming opening up to more countries I tried to set it up. I had green ticks for everything except latency. Running speedtest.net I have a 90/40 mbps speed with a 25ms ping....
  7. Latency

in XBoX on Consoles
    Latency: How can i reduce my latency to xbox live? 52554970-db5a-4f38-ab1d-ebd298c0bfba
  8. Xbox Streaming Preview Latency Issue

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Streaming Preview Latency Issue: Hey guys, Just attempted to setup xbox streaming but I can't proceed because my latency is being detected as above 125ms. Does anyone know if this is latency between the console and the phone or...
  9. Last insider Update my latency is high as f... So I can not try console streaming. If I try...

in XboX Insiders
    Last insider Update my latency is high as f... So I can not try console streaming. If I try...: [IMG] submitted by /u/GSGRUSHER [link] [comments]
  10. Network latency is too slow for xcloud

in XboX Insiders
    Network latency is too slow for xcloud: Im in Australia and I cannot stream x cloud through my xbox because of my high network latency, is there any way I can fix this. I have pretty good internet and the only problem is the network...