TV no longer auto on after update, plus other issues...

Discus and support TV no longer auto on after update, plus other issues... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi My LG TV no longer comes on with the "Xbox on" voice command. It can still be controlled once I've turned it on manually, volume etc. Also... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Pasini Ross, Feb 16, 2014.

1. Pasini Ross
    Pasini Ross Guest

Hi My LG TV no longer comes on with the "Xbox on" voice command. It can still be controlled once I've turned it on manually, volume etc.

Also experiencing the dreaded black screen after pressing the home button... it only seems to do this if I press the home button when a game is loading something, and can only be fixed by a hard reset.

Great work with the update... (note sarcasm).

:)

Pasini Ross, Feb 16, 2014
  2. SethChick
    SethChick Guest
    Xbox One crashing? Games crashing? HELP?!

I'm having this plus a ton of other issues after this latest update.

SethChick, Feb 16, 2014
  3. wking33
    wking33 Guest
    Restart (pull plug) XB1 to get Live TV working after 'sleep mode'

I had the white TV icon with the Error message "For Some Reason TV Took Too Long To Start (0x8027025a)". The temporary fix for this was to disable the powering on of my DTV box, TV, and soundbar. I have had no issues with losing the signal from my DTV
    HDMI input after this either. Separate issues, but when I disabled the above features, the TV app did not lock, and I no longer had the "no signal" from TV problem other than when I forgot to turn on my DTV box before waking the XB1.

wking33, Feb 16, 2014
  4. TV no longer auto on after update, plus other issues...

HASHTAGBASEDrgw, Feb 16, 2014
  5. HASHTAGBASEDrgw Win User

6. Cowboy Two1 Win User

Vizio specific TV power on command issue

I was able to solve this issue with my Vizio E371VA by manually entering a remote code in Settings>TV&OneGuide>Troubleshooting.

My TV Owner’s Manual listed two remote codes to try when programming other remotes to work with the TV. Xbox auto-detected my TV model and defaulted to the first, but after manually changing the code to the alternate I have no longer experienced this issue.

Hope that helps others!
  7. SethChick Win User

Xbox One crashing? Games crashing? HELP?!

I'm having this plus a ton of other issues after this latest update.
  8. Ty1976 Win User

After update, screen dims when watching Netflix

I am also having this issue. When I watch live TV, every 10 mins or so the screen dims. It IS NOT a TV issue. the screen comes right back the second you make an input on the controller. Not to mention my TV does not have any ambient lighting sensor or and
    auto dim feater. (Only an auto off). This did not happen prior to the new update. Seems to be ok longer after a soft reset but the issue does return. I haven't seemed to find out what the trigger is.

As for the kinect issues, I had to re-calibrate the kinect then it started responding better to voice and gestures.

I did have a game running in the back ground. Next time this happens I will force close the game and see if that fixes it.
  9. J.R.G. Win User

Well, I'm in a bit of a pickle

That's why I keep one console in instant on...auto updates, then it's as simple as plugging in the external, getting said updates, then moving it back to my other console. Lol. What I've found though is it will even stop auto updating if the console goes
    to long without a restart. -_- The solution for me was after gaming, restart the console the turn it back on; keeps it running smooth a lot longer.

Peace, J.R.
Thema:

1. TV no longer auto on after update, plus other issues... - Similar Threads - longer auto update

2. Controller input lasting longer than it should

in XboX Insiders
    Controller input lasting longer than it should: I’m part of the 50% who got the new dashboard in the beta ring. My console is an Xbox One X with the Seagate 8tb Hub, if that helps at all. Since the update, I’ve noticed that both in dashboard...
  3. I have a suspension longer than 24 hours but can't file for review

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have a suspension longer than 24 hours but can't file for review: I have a suspension longer than 24 hours but can't file for review b6382f10-64e8-47ba-9c83-902c5ba1d9d5
  4. Remotely remove my account. From a friend's console when i no longer have access /How to

in XBoX on Consoles
    Remotely remove my account. From a friend's console when i no longer have access /How to: I can see my account still linked to another console aa29129d-6518-450d-8f99-b15eaf7c2f63
  5. HDR no longer works

in XboX Insiders
    HDR no longer works: After the recent Alpha Skip Ahead update with the new dashboard. HDR no longer works on games. Nothing else has changed with my TV or anything just the update. It says in the settings that my TV...
  6. Offline gaming using games with gold or gamepass no longer working how it did

in XboX Insiders
    Offline gaming using games with gold or gamepass no longer working how it did: So I usually have no internet as if I'm not working I could easily be online all night but with kids and everything else, my SO takes the power cable for the router but I can usually play GWG and...
  7. My auto-sign in is no longer working. Help.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My auto-sign in is no longer working. Help.: So I have 2 accounts on my Xbox and 1 account has been banned permanently now I deserve the ban because I broke Code of Conduct and understand completely. Now here is the problem the pop-up for a...
  8. Grand Theft Auto San Andreas... where is it? is it no longer available please helppp :(

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Grand Theft Auto San Andreas... where is it? is it no longer available please helppp :(: gta sa where is it? am I stupid and I cant find it or what where can I buy it? plz helpp 9d1d6ede-bc58-4e68-b2c2-05f4d8e1209b
  9. Canceling Xbox Gold Auto Renewal on an account I no longer have access to.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Canceling Xbox Gold Auto Renewal on an account I no longer have access to.: Hello Xbox/Microsoft. I made an account quite a few years back with the gamertag NNC09. It is under my father's credit card and has continued to charge him for automatic Gold subscription renewal,...
  10. post update, auto-off no longer seems to work

in XBoX on Consoles
    post update, auto-off no longer seems to work: My Xbox One is set to automatically turn off after inactivity. That doesn't seem to work anymore. Anyone else? It sat on overnight recently. Causes my receiver and projector to also not turn off...